Benelli M2 and Comfortech stock?

PDA

MP-44
December 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
If the M2 came with a comfortech stock is there anything special needed to change to a pistol grip stock or is it a basic switch out?

I am thinking of trading my Benelli M4 for an M2 + cash. I wanted the M2 with a p-grip stock but I have a line on one with the comfortech stock. Are the comfortech stocks desirable enough that finding someone to do an even trade of their p-grip stock a reasonable venture?

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli M2 and Comfortech stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pistolero guy
December 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
I would think very deliberatly before trading off your M4. I am sure you already know but the design of your M4 is advanced well beyond the design of your M2 and is capable of excelling in conditions that the M2 would not.

BigJimP
December 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't trade an M-4 for an M-2 either..../ they're different animals ...M-4 is gas operated...and M-2 is Inertia operated ....and yes, the Comfort Tech stock on the M-2 is desireable because it reduces recoil significantly...

I don't know about the even trade .../ or why you want a pistol grip stock...but that's just me..

Hit_Factor
December 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
I would give up my Super Black Eagle II with comfort tech stock long before my M4.

MP-44
December 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
When I was researching less than a year ago I think I found more people favoring the M2 over the M4. I went with the M4 anyway because I really wanted it. Now the consensus seems to be that the M4>M2.

I figured I could trade for an M2 + enough cash ( my M4 has U.S parts and U.S full tube ) to pick up a used .357 revolver. I would still have a top "combat" shotgun and also a pistol I have been meaning to buy, but if you guys are saying the M4 is that much better than the M2 then I might just keep the M4 and buy the GP100

The comfortech stock might be "best" but I wanted the "tacticool" pistol grip

Hit_Factor
December 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
The M2 is probably a better race gun, but you didn't mention that as your purpose.

MP-44
December 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
The M2 is probably a better race gun, but you didn't mention that as your purpose.

It's not, it's just for playing, hunting & HD.

BigJimP
December 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Everybody should buy what they want...

Personally my shotguns are for hunting or for clay targets..not dedicated for Defense / but I have no problem using a shotgun with a 28" or even a 30" barrel for defense ( not optimal for a "Fighting shotgun" ...but just fine for Defense) in my view. In the M-4 Benelli, I think you have one of the best Fighting shotguns available today. I don't see the attraction to the M-2 Benelli / its not a bad gun ...its just not as good a "Fighting gun" as the M-4, in my opinion.

My 1911's are my primary carry or Defense guns ...but a revolver is a good choice as well ( I like S&W revolvers - like a K or N frame in
.357 mag ...model 19, 66's ...or 27's in the N frame). N frame fits my hands the best ..and I like a tactical revolver in a 4" ...easy in and out of a holster. Another good revolver is the L frame, model 686 ....but if you like the Rugers better...then you should go that way.

But if it were mine, I would keep the M-4 - and buy another shotgun for hunting and clays ( like the Benelli Super Sport model - I have one in 12ga and one in a 20ga / 12ga is a 30" barrel and 20ga is a 28" barrel ) both nice semi-autos, both have comfort tech systems in them...nice guns if you want a semi-auto.

For a good versatile pump gun....I like the Browning BPS Hunter models..12ga and 20ga ...mine are both 28" barrels. Good solid gun, long term gun ...relatively inexpensive these days for under $ 600.
( you can take the plug out of the magazine on a pump gun or a semi-auto and most any of them will hold 5 shells at 2 3/4" long ...load with slugs or "OO" or whatever you want ...and its certainly a "Defensive shotgun" in my view.)

My primary bird guns / clays guns ..are all Browning O/U's ...and I like the Citori XS Skeet models ( in 12ga, 20ga, 28ga and .410 ) for good all around shotguns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli M2 and Comfortech stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!