Cannot delete or edit old posts

PDA

Fryerpower
December 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
Is there a way for me to be able to go back in and delete/edit my old posts? I can do it on recent post, but not on old ones.

-Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannot delete or edit old posts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
W.E.G.
December 28, 2012, 08:20 PM
Answer is at http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=350166

Fryerpower
December 28, 2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks!

In light of what is going on I would like to go back and remove references to what I might or might not own.

Jim

Art Eatman
December 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
Even if it were deleted here, it will show up in a Google search. That's just life on the Internet.

Walkalong
December 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
Posting something on the internet is like gifting it to the world. Just the way it is.

Derek Zeanah
December 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Yep. Google has you indexed within minutes of posting here.

Fryerpower
December 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
I realize that, but would still like to clean up comments about what I might have had.

Jim

rcmodel
December 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
So would a lot of us.

But then, a lot of us would come off sounding like fools talking to ourselves if editing or deleting old posts were allowed.

I used to hang on another forum where editing for a few days or forever was allowed.

And then I had my logic or facts turned against me and made to sound like a fool a week after when the OP changed his question or edited his arguments to make my comments sound totally off base and irrational.

I much prefer THR like it is.
You said it, you own it from then on!

It keeps us all honest.
Even though we all know all of us THR members are always honest in the first place!!

Right? :confused:

rc

jmorris
December 29, 2012, 12:31 PM
As RC said you can ruin entire threads. FWIW if you just post links to photos instead of typing it out, you can always delete them where you have them stored. If you uploaded them your still out of luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannot delete or edit old posts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!