Which Mossberg 590A1 accepts a bayonet??

PDA

Tallbald
December 28, 2012, 08:20 PM
I have always owned 870's, but having handled a friends heavy barreled 590A1with the factory bayonet and picatinney rail I'm seriously thinking of spending some hard earned money on one for a gift to myself. Looking over the Mossberg site though, I'm having trouble selecting the correct model to ask my LGS to order for me. The "speed Feed" stock doesn't interest me, but the adjustable sights for slug use, and the bayonet do. 6 or 9 shots, either will do fine. Could somebody help me learn the models please? Which one is it I am looking for? AAnd what's an "LPA" trigger?? Thank you all. Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Mossberg 590A1 accepts a bayonet??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Texan Scott
December 28, 2012, 08:31 PM
You sound like a man with a SEVERE gopher problem... gopher problems of Caddy Shack proportions

:neener:

Tallbald
December 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
Arg Arg Arg in the Tim Allen speech pattern! LOL. Everyone needs a nasty looking shotgun. Don

XTrooper
December 28, 2012, 08:59 PM
I don't know which models come with a bayonet lug, but LPA = Lightning Pump Action.

Description:
The Lightning Pump Action trigger is designed to be creep-free and user-adjustable via a screw in the rear of the trigger housing. The trigger can be adjusted from 3 to 7 pounds for a variety of situations from bearing down on a turkey to dusting clays or birds. The LPA resembles the Savage Accu-Trigger as there is a skeletonized trigger within the actual trigger.

Tallbald
December 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
Thank you. Sounds like the LPA would be an unnecessarily complicated feature for a simple mind like mine......Don

breakingcontact
December 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
The ones with the bayonet lug. No. Seriously...not being jerky. I think there are several models.

XTrooper
December 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you. Sounds like the LPA would be an unnecessarily complicated feature for a simple mind like mine......Don
I agree. I'm an adherent of the KISS system when it comes to combat/home defense weapons.

ApacheCoTodd
December 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
Seems to me that most any of the 590A1s available as a 9 shot have the lug as an added feature where I don't really see it available - or possible - on the 6 shots.

As far as the requirements or justifications for the bayonet lug... It's an outstanding sling swivel.

pistolero guy
December 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
I think all 590's with the designation A1 comes with a lug.

oneounceload
December 31, 2012, 09:00 PM
Who needs a lug?
Isn't that what duct tape is for?......:neener:

metalart
January 1, 2013, 02:41 AM
590a1 spx comes with a bayonet I believe.

ApacheCoTodd
January 1, 2013, 01:04 PM
I think all 590's with the designation A1 comes with a lug.
Not the six round versions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which Mossberg 590A1 accepts a bayonet??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!