Leupold Ultralight

PDA

thomis
December 29, 2012, 07:18 PM
I think I posted this years ago and didn't get any good info. I was wondering if the Leupold Ultralight scope (the one I'm looking at is the 3x9x33 (http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-vari-x-3-9x28mm-compact-rifle-scope-with-gloss-black-finish-and-duplex-reticle.html)) is suitable for high powered rifles. Or is it strictly a rimfire optic?

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold Ultralight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
helotaxi
December 29, 2012, 07:47 PM
Looks like it's a "mountain rifle" scope meaning it's a normal centerfire scope just lighter. The smaller objective lens probably accounts for some of the weight loss.

roklok
December 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Most definitely suitable for big game rifles, thats what they are designed for. I have three, a 3x9 on a .270, a 3x9 on a .35 Whelen, and a 2x7 on a 30-06. I am a big fan of Leupolds compact-ultralight line.

X-Rap
December 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
I've made something of a hobby seeking out good used glass and the Leupold Compact is at the top of my list. Don't know if the Ultra Light is the same scope just renamed, if that's the case It should work on pretty much any centerfire.

rbernie
January 1, 2013, 10:14 AM
I had an Ultralite VXII 2x-7x mounted on a BAR in 270 and it was a very good match. No issues with robustness at all.

thomis
January 3, 2013, 07:53 AM
I was reading on another forum where folks were saying there is a huge difference in the glass quality between the VX II line and the VX III line. I'm wondering if I'll notice this on a hunting rifle.

desidog
January 3, 2013, 03:42 PM
I have that scope on a 7.62x39 AR. No problems; and never have had to re-zero it either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold Ultralight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!