Flashlight recommendations for you

PDA

45crittergitter
December 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Hi folks, I just wanted to mention some Streamlight flashlights I've used and can highly recommend, along with some real-world prices (I am not associated in any way with Streamlight or any of their sellers):

Nano: A little-bitty keychain LED light with replaceable batteries. At 1.47" x .51" you won't even know it's on your key ring, and it puts out 10 lumens, which is a LOT for this size light. Aluminum and waterproof. Under $10. Get a handful and give one to everyone in your family.

PolyTac C4 LED HP: A polymer tactical light using two CR 123 lithium camera batteries. Head is 1.7" body is 1" length is 5.65". 150 lumens, around $45. A lot of bright per dollar. Great item to keep in each vehicle and by the bed.

ProTac HL: An aluminum tac light using two CR 123 batteries. 1" x 5.4". 600 lumens on high, 33 lumens on low, plus strobe function. Programmable switching. Very bright, and the low setting is useful on such a light. You can find them for around $60-70. Outstanding carry light.

If you enjoyed reading about "Flashlight recommendations for you" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cesiumsponge
December 29, 2012, 11:50 PM
I've run their TLR-1 on and off for years. One day I lost the retention screw, spring, and retaining clamp that keeps it on the rail. I emailed them and they sent me the replacement parts, free of charge. That's good CS in my book!

45crittergitter
January 25, 2013, 07:43 PM
You may want to spoil yourself with the new TLR-1 HL. 630 lumens.

If you enjoyed reading about "Flashlight recommendations for you" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!