PJMEDIA: Leaked letter shows Republican's may cave on gun control --- CALL YOUR REPS!

PDA

wacki
December 31, 2012, 04:11 PM
Leaked letter shows Republican's may cave on gun control - CALL AND WRITE YOUR REPS!!!

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/31/are-congressional-republicans-already-caving-in-on-gun-control/

In case you don't know how:

Go to http://nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx
enter zip code
click on representatives name
click "contact tab"
Click on "Contact Rep. XXXXXX via Web Form. "

If you enjoyed reading about "PJMEDIA: Leaked letter shows Republican's may cave on gun control --- CALL YOUR REPS!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AlexanderA
December 31, 2012, 05:37 PM
I agree with the tenor of the article that the battle this year will be over "high capacity" magazines, not over "assault weapons." The latest post-Newtown polls show a majority favoring a limit on magazines, but not favoring a change on "assault weapons." Magazines should be the focus of gun owners' counterattack. The deciders will be the fence-sitting Republicans in Congress.

Skribs
December 31, 2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the link, I'll use that.

wacki
December 31, 2012, 06:00 PM
The latest post-Newtown polls show a majority favoring a limit on magazines, but not favoring a change on "assault weapons." Magazines should be the focus of gun owners' counterattack. The deciders will be the fence-sitting Republicans in Congress.

I agree. Most of the anti's I know are pushing the magazine capacity thing the hardest.

Spike440
December 31, 2012, 06:22 PM
I sent this to all my representatives:

I am a registered voter. I am against any new laws that restrict my right to bear arms of any kind, including any magazine capacity restrictions.

I will not vote in future for anyone that tries to take any of my Constitutionally protected rights. Please uphold the US Constitution. Thank you.

ZeSpectre
December 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
Please uphold the US Constitution. Thank you.

Maybe make that "Please honor your sworn oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States."

JohnBT
December 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
"Leaked letter"

How do we know it is real?

And anyway, it doesn't say much. It's just the musings of some staffer about how both sides can maybe possibly get together to talk about mental health, guns, background checks, etc. We all know they are going to talk. That's what they do for a living.

John

armed hiker
December 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
Heard this on a radio show today so the word is getting out. Keep the pressure on the weasels in office so they cannot squirm out of this one.

Let them know if they are going to vote against us we will be happy to return the favor next time around, party be damned.

velojym
December 31, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hmm... politicians caving on the rights of the masses in order to gain (who the heck knows what kind of deals they make up there). Didn't see that comin'. ;)

ole farmerbuck
December 31, 2012, 11:13 PM
Watching

huntsman
January 1, 2013, 12:15 AM
I believe banning FTF legal sales without an FFL is their big prize and everything else is a head-fake at this time.

Ignition Override
January 1, 2013, 01:23 AM
If it is leaked, the motivation could easily be either:
1) to encourage us to contact our representatives, or
2) increase the anxiety, thereby enabling sellers to make a profit before the "peak price bubble" bursts, or deflates with a steady whistle.

A leaking tire may not burst, but most go flat. Buy high, sell low...:uhoh:.

If you enjoyed reading about "PJMEDIA: Leaked letter shows Republican's may cave on gun control --- CALL YOUR REPS!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!