"Demand a Plan" video with a little truth sprinkled in

PDA

SigSour
January 1, 2013, 01:41 PM
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/31/demand-a-plan-parody-tells-celebrities-to-go-f-themselves.html

A friend sent this to me this morning with the caption "you were ranting about the same thing!" - I wish they aired THIS on tv... but o course they won't.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Demand a Plan" video with a little truth sprinkled in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DeepSouth
January 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
Their plan is different from mine....

From their website

Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 33 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:

1.Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
2.Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
3.Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

Demand that your members of Congress and the president support these legislative priorities.

http://www.demandaplan.org/

Highland Ranger
January 1, 2013, 01:52 PM
3.Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

Let's start with Eric Holder.

xwingband
January 1, 2013, 01:56 PM
The language was unnecessary and kind of ruins the point. I actually dislike the shots of the celebrities handling guns terribly, comedy or not firearms aren't a joke to handle and they contribute to the problem of people being afraid of them.

ApacheCoTodd
January 1, 2013, 04:58 PM
The language was unnecessary and kind of ruins the point. I actually dislike the shots of the celebrities handling guns terribly, comedy or not firearms aren't a joke to handle and they contribute to the problem of people being afraid of them.
I initially agreed but then thought that the image of gross disrespect for the firearm goes a long way in hammering home the cavalier attitude they have towards guns when a paycheck, public image or celebregrabbing is is in the mix.

As for the language XWING, monster thumbs up. It is exactly the sort of thing which marginalizes an otherwise excellent argument and limits the spread of the message.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Demand a Plan" video with a little truth sprinkled in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!