What's this headwrap and shrink wrap?

PDA

wacki
January 1, 2013, 10:22 PM
Just wondering what's the camo wrap on this guys ear muffs?

Looks like he's using red shrink wrap on his magpuls. Nice way to keep your stuff from accidentally growing legs.

Anyone know where to get shrink wrap that wide? I guess I could use red duct tape or something.

http://i50.tinypic.com/bgbm6b.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/o85bf5.png

If you enjoyed reading about "What's this headwrap and shrink wrap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
idoono
January 1, 2013, 10:35 PM
Look for heat shrink tubing for electrical buss bar connections. Check your local electrical supply houses.

Idoono

Jorg Nysgerrig
January 1, 2013, 11:10 PM
The camo wrap looks like this one. He's got them on a pair of HL Impact Sport which isn't mentioned on that page.

The shrink wrap just looks like wide electrical tape to me.

hoghunting
January 2, 2013, 12:56 AM
The shrink wrap just looks like wide electrical tape to me.

Completely agree as you can see the end of the tape at the beginning of his name.

taliv
January 2, 2013, 10:40 AM
walmart sells rolls of plastic colored tape. i've been marking my mags like that for years. it's cheap and easy. duct tape works well too but i don't like it as much

incidentally, i used different colors for different loads. makes it easy

hso
January 2, 2013, 11:20 AM
Looks like red duct tape to me. Considering duct tape comes in a wide range of colors and patterns it would be very easy to mark mags for caliber and owner.

ApacheCoTodd
January 2, 2013, 11:50 AM
Given its conformity to the mag recesses and the nastiness of adhesives - I'm going with non-adhesive vulcanizing electrical tape.

That and athletic (bat & hockey stick) tape is what I use.

RustHunter87
January 2, 2013, 01:48 PM
that's totally red duck tape, we buy it at the mardens up here

I could use one of those camo wraps, mine dont get small enough for my dome

ApacheCoTodd
January 2, 2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah - ragged edges... 100 mile-an-hour tape.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's this headwrap and shrink wrap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!