Condor Bushlore

PDA

DAdams
January 1, 2013, 10:44 PM
http://www.baryonyxknife.com/bushlorewood-handle.html

Any users of this Condor?
How does it rank on the utility/value scale?

How does it compare with the Mora?
http://www.amazon.com/Bushcraft-Black-Carbon-Steel-Knife/dp/B009O01H0Y

If you enjoyed reading about "Condor Bushlore" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
January 2, 2013, 12:39 AM
I've read some mixed reviews on it and when I handled it at Blade I tended to agree that the handle could use some reshaping for a more comfortable grip.

Never any negatives on the Moras, though.

BLB68
January 2, 2013, 03:15 AM
I had one, sent it back b/c of an uneven grind. I didn't get it swapped b/c I found the grip shape to be very uncomfortable.

Deltaboy
January 2, 2013, 08:54 PM
Get a Mora!

BCCL
January 2, 2013, 10:01 PM
I like mine, I prefer their "Bushcraft Basic" series though.

TEAM101
January 6, 2013, 10:22 PM
Went to SMKW last week and looked over every Condor model they had in the case. They were obviously crude knives and I wasn't impressed. If I want a cheap knife, I'll buy a Mora. If I want a fairly priced top tier knife, I'll buy a Blind Horse.

22-rimfire
January 6, 2013, 10:46 PM
I own a Bushlore. I have quite a few knives and the Bushlore is not for me. I think it would be better with thinner bar steel.

I use knives in an outdoor work setting and I have moved the Bushlore to my "field knife" which includes some pretty rough treatment.

BCCL
January 7, 2013, 09:20 AM
22-rimfire, how old is your Bushlore? The early ones were WAY to thick, but they've changed to much thinner blades on new ones.

tbow1964
January 7, 2013, 10:29 AM
You can find better Mora pricing on Ebay

Gary G23
January 8, 2013, 08:22 PM
I own both Condor and Mora. I like both. Condor is much heavier duty than Mora. Depends on what you're looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Condor Bushlore" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!