this is going too far....

PDA

SSN Vet
January 2, 2013, 04:29 PM
What happened to our tolerant liberals?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/02/liberal-ex-columnist-death-threats-published-in-des-moines-register/

complete with such little gems as ...

Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me."

If you enjoyed reading about "this is going too far...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SSN Vet
January 2, 2013, 04:32 PM
apparently he's not aware that "American commies" gave the Russians the technical info. they lacked to produce their first A-bomb.... and hence followed a 50 year cold war, that wasn't always so cold.

M-Cameron
January 2, 2013, 04:37 PM
so can we then by comparison declare the Brady-Bunch a terrorist organization because they actively work to undermean the Constitution and destroy the civil liberties of the law abiding public?

hell, its honestly not too far of a stretch to declare them a hate group.

hso
January 2, 2013, 04:38 PM
One crank writes an OpEd piece that is waaayyyyyy off the wall and everyone goes bonkers over it.

Trent
January 2, 2013, 04:38 PM
I have nothing nice to say, therefore... I will keep my mouth shut.

HoosierQ
January 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
Well first of all it was never illegal to be a communist in America...never was. It was never what I'd call a "career or socially advantageous" move...but it has never, ever been illegal. Right off the bat this guy's off his rocker so ignore him.

Plus this is FOX. They hired some crazy shill to work people up with this crap. The idea the FOX is the "voice of truth" is ludicrous. They are just as much "main stream media" as CNN or CBS or MSNBC. It just so happens they have targetted conservatives and neo-conservitives for their advertisers.

Make no mistake about FOX. They are no more motivated to tell anybody the thruth than any other media outlet, of whatever form (TV, print, radio).

My vote? A shill brought on to work up some quote worthy retorts. At best, somebody they know had very extreme views for the same purpose.

SSN Vet
January 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
I'm sick of the PC double standard whereby the libs call everyone elses point of view hate speach and yet, papers will print their rants and death threats like it was part of the funny pages.

robmkivseries70
January 2, 2013, 04:41 PM
This is as they say, "beyond the pale", or more my flavor, "Out where the buses don't run.":fire:

Slipknot_Slim
January 2, 2013, 04:42 PM
What happened to our tolerant liberals?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/01/02/liberal-ex-columnist-death-threats-published-in-des-moines-register/

complete with such little gems as ...
To answer your question, this is an old piece and it's quite long, but I feel it's still relevant today.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/10/06/790213/-RKBA-Why-Liberals-Should-Love-the-Second-Amendment

Liberals who support RKBA are a rare breed, but there are some out there.

psyopspec
January 2, 2013, 04:45 PM
One crank writes an OpEd piece that is waaayyyyyy off the wall and everyone goes bonkers over it.

That's what I got out of the thread too.

Ryanxia
January 2, 2013, 04:46 PM
Look on the bright side. If there's another revolution, we can make sure to put something in the Constitution like, 'It is the American citizen's right AND duty to execute anyone attempting to undermine the freedoms of Americans.' :)

robmkivseries70
January 2, 2013, 05:00 PM
......from all enemies foreign and domestic.

yokel
January 2, 2013, 05:11 PM
Unhinged haters such as Donald Kaul need to feel the heat or else the degradation of our society will continue.

Shadow 7D
January 2, 2013, 05:16 PM
One wack crank....
must have missed MSNBC and the rest of the alphabet soup
plenty of that crank sentiment that seem to be passing for enlightened thought.

Onward Allusion
January 2, 2013, 05:20 PM
It's kinda scary that one faction in the republic is working its butts off trying to capitalize on the murder of kids. Seriously, what does that say about these people? ...and no... it isn't just one crank...

HOOfan_1
January 2, 2013, 05:23 PM
Reminds me of the people who protest the portrayal of their religion as violent, with violence...

All they do is prove how wrong they are.

MagnumDweeb
January 2, 2013, 05:41 PM
That frigging tears it. I'm calling LexisNexis tomorrow to see if I can use the personal background check software I pay for, to look up guys like this. It's used by creditor and skip tracing outfits to find people. I use it mostly for my corporate and commercial practice. But if I can use it without violating any ethical requirements with the Florida Bar or LexisNexis, I'm going to build a website listing all these guys personal info. I mean I could do a FOIA request to his local DMV and Post Office but that's a lot of work. It's much faster just to punch in his info on a computer screen.

Maybe call the website -Help the Gun Grabbers. You know so we can send them nice twenty page dissertations to help them learn from their mistakes. Keep it peaceful and discourage harassment. I got to do a little legal research on this to make sure I'm not opening myself up for a legitimate lawsuit.

Steve H
January 2, 2013, 05:51 PM
I have nothing nice to say, therefore... I will keep my mouth shut.

ditto here

briney11
January 2, 2013, 05:54 PM
Makes me almost ashamed to be from the Des Moines area.

horsemen61
January 2, 2013, 05:55 PM
That is crazy I don't know/understand why anyone could feel that way against myself and my guns :(

gym
January 2, 2013, 06:04 PM
He's right on the thin line that seperates sanity from insanity. It's those kind of wack jobs that create situations like the one he is so angry about

Grassman
January 2, 2013, 06:04 PM
That's what I got out of the thread too.
But this all we seem to up against these days. We have seen way too much of this for the last four years. I don't take stuff like this lightly anymore.

BrooksD
January 2, 2013, 06:06 PM
Its not FOX. The piece orginially appeared in the Des Moines Register a few days ago. Fox is just publishing an opinion piece about the original opinion piece.

Grassman
January 2, 2013, 06:09 PM
This is how moon bat ideas gain traction. I don't take it lightly anymore.

January 2, 2013, 06:13 PM
Do you think this "crank" is the exception on their side? Somehow, I doubt it.

Ignition Override
January 2, 2013, 06:36 PM
He will probably be refused service in some restaurants or other places where his is recognized.
His address and phone number will probably be published quite soon.

Hanoi Jane and Ted Turner were refused restaurant service years ago in either WY, ID or MT, where he owns a large chunk of land.

AlexanderA
January 2, 2013, 07:04 PM
Ever consider the possibility that Kaul is a provocateur, who is just out to make the anti-gunners seem like crazies? And that whether he intended to do so or not, that is the end result? The pro-gun side should wish for more columns like this! They're proof positive that the antis are deranged.

Onmilo
January 2, 2013, 07:08 PM
So when is Piers Morgan leaving???

gym
January 2, 2013, 07:10 PM
Not soon enough, Hell I will drive him to the airport

Texshooter
January 2, 2013, 08:54 PM
I think the more articles like this, the better for our side.

It shows them as nuts & hypocrites. The anti crowd can in no way rationally defend it. The more stuff like this printed, then eventually it will have to be addressed at some WH presser.

AND, it is helping to increase NRA membership.

Keep it coming nujtjobs.

And if you want to murder me, give me a time and place.

Thank you for your help.

1911 guy
January 2, 2013, 09:08 PM
I see this as a two edged sword. On one hand, we can use opinion pieces such as this ti illustrae to those few on the left who actually think for themselves to show them who their sometimes compatriots are. On the other, there are far too many who, because of ideology, look past the nut-case language and agree in principle. Without, of course, considering the end result of such logic.

There is indeed a time to express ourselves in a reasoned and logical manner. Unfortunately, we no longer live in a society where thought and reason are encouraged or even the norm. When confronted with such as these, our best policy may indeed be a "scorched earth" philosophy of engagement. Destroy them both intellectually and use the same tactics they employ, character assasination. Dig up dirt and exploit it, whether it be black and white fact or "interpreted" data.

TexShooter, your post reminds me of a T-shirt i saw when I was in Israel. "Invade us... We need the real estate!"

mnrivrat
January 2, 2013, 09:17 PM
And we are suppose to be the violent ones ? :rolleyes:

Just another piss-ant trying to grab his 15 minutes . I would ask him if he wants to take some personal reponsibility for attemting what he proposes. A tuff guy with a pulpit and pen .

Cosmoline
January 2, 2013, 09:30 PM
It doesn't really surprise me. Eventually I suspect there will be a shooting war over guns, ironically. But hopefully not in our lifetimes.

Walkalong
January 2, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hopefully not. The ballot box is far less bloody.

Get involved politically. :)

beeenbag
January 2, 2013, 09:37 PM
Why would this "non gun toting" liberal want to threaten us crazed gun owners? Doesn't he know that we are all nuts and blood thirsty? Why, I could go up to my safe and turn all the guns on "attack" mode and let them out. It would be pure devistation on all the peaceful liberals. They should thank us for containing all of these evil weapons that are just drooling at the muzzle to take out everyone in sight.

:rolleyes:

Crash_Test_Dhimmi
January 2, 2013, 09:59 PM
Before you write him off as some crazy communist, I saw that Adam Lanza's facebook profile had his political position as "Anarchist Communism". "Crazy Communists" have done a lot of damage in the last hundred years or so

Nickel Plated
January 2, 2013, 10:06 PM
It really amuses me when antis say that gun owners should be killed. And who is going to do that exactly. They are, in concept atleast (though I know some of them prefer the "Do as I say, not as I do" lifestyle) completely unarmed. And they want to kill off a group of people who are heavily armed, outnumber the US military and all police agencies combined several times over, many of which are likely better shots than all those soldiers and police, and some of which have been amassing their collection of guns waiting for just such an occasion since 1783.

Yea that will go over really well. :neener:

r1derbike
January 2, 2013, 10:24 PM
Done, Walkalong. Several times. Political involvement gets to the crux of the biscuit.

You can't reason with unreasonable people, or have intelligent conversation with someone who lacks intellectual capacity.

I've heard/read enough terroristic threats and utter nonsense from the antis, that I don't listen to the tripe now. What is alarming, those threats are not being taken seriously by those who would otherwise investigate such statements.

vamo
January 2, 2013, 10:27 PM
At least he's admitting that a gun ban would require a repeal of the 2nd amendment

HEAVY METAL 1
January 2, 2013, 10:37 PM
oh, beeenbag, I laughed so hard at your post that I frightened my dog!:D

psyopspec
January 2, 2013, 11:19 PM
But this all we seem to up against these days. We have seen way too much of this for the last four years. I don't take stuff like this lightly anymore.

Media is a business. If you're clicking it, reading it, linking it, talking about, or buying the original paper it ran in to see if your letter to the editor about it was published, then their business is good. I spend a fair amount of my daily drive time tuned in to NPR, and I peruse quite a few left leaning news sites. They're factually incorrect, and in some cases heavily slanted, but this is a whole new level of crazy. If "this is all [you] seem to be up against," consider seeking out better or more varied information sources, and take a breath while considering that the author represents only himself and maybe a handful of fringies.

Midnight Oil
January 3, 2013, 07:53 AM
I've heard/read enough terroristic threats and utter nonsense from the antis, that I don't listen to the tripe now. What is alarming, those threats are not being taken seriously by those who would otherwise investigate such statements

This thought hadn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it.

KMatch
January 3, 2013, 12:28 PM
"I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth"

That's a terroristic threat, isn't it?

gunNoob
January 3, 2013, 12:36 PM
That guy is an idiot.

Al Thompson
January 3, 2013, 12:52 PM
I think this one has run it's course. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "this is going too far...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!