Is THR running slow for anyone else?

PDA

rcmodel
January 2, 2013, 04:42 PM
Seems like the last three days or so it takes a long time to load when I click on a tread. 15+ seconds sometimes.

Not every time, but often enough to be annoying.

I don't think it's me, because every other website just snaps too when I click on it.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Is THR running slow for anyone else?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
January 2, 2013, 04:45 PM
It's been slower, hangs up occasionally, and I'm seeing a relatively large number of double-taps.

horsemen61
January 2, 2013, 04:48 PM
yes RC I feel that it has been running slower as well :banghead:

Odd Job
January 2, 2013, 04:51 PM
Very slow here.

bikerdoc
January 2, 2013, 04:52 PM
12 seconds to get into this thread.

Walkalong
January 2, 2013, 05:00 PM
Slow here. 4 to 6 seconds to get the post window after hitting reply.

Trent
January 2, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah same here, been pretty bad off and on all day.

marksg
January 2, 2013, 05:10 PM
OK, I thought it was just me, Guess not

Mal H
January 2, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, it's been slow intermittently. Derek is already working on it.

Slipknot_Slim
January 2, 2013, 05:17 PM
I thought I was back on AOL dial-up :(

Derek Zeanah
January 2, 2013, 05:29 PM
Yep. It's a head scratcher. I'm on it, but the fix might involve downtime and major surgery.

Hope not, but we'll need to see.

(Part of the problem is that we're seeing about 80% more traffic than last month. Reboots a few days ago, then again today have dropped the in-memory cache as well, and that takes a couple of days to be back to normalish.)

Water-Man
January 2, 2013, 05:42 PM
It's not just today.

I've been having this problem for awhile.

armedwalleye
January 2, 2013, 06:52 PM
Seems a LOT slower tonight in loading or posting.

Derek Zeanah
January 2, 2013, 08:04 PM
At the bottom of this page I'm viewing I see a line that saysAll times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.It's right above the green bar that has Contact Us on it.

If you run into a really long page load -- like 10+ seconds more than normal -- then copy that line from the page and post it here.

Well, let me correct that. I'm going to collate the slowness y'all report and look for correlations in server stats. So one report might be spurious, 2-3 probably means there's a problem, but 40 people reporting the same slow period isn't useful.

So check if someone else has reported it, and if 0-1 people have go ahead and post.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle. I just can't isolate the problem, and I've been trying to for days now...

Chevelle SS
January 2, 2013, 08:34 PM
very slow. Sometimes won't load at all

rcmodel
January 2, 2013, 09:21 PM
Dereck

Clock at the bottom of the page said 8:05 PM when I clicked "post quick reply" on this one.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=8616979&postcount=13

It said this after it finally posted: