Larkspur, CO Range

PDA

Zombie_Flesh
January 3, 2013, 09:30 AM
I am moving to Larkspur, CO in a few weeks - I am hoping to find a range locally - perhaps there is a rock pit locals are able to use or something like that. Google maps is not really good at finding ranges like this, and it appears the closest commercial range is at least 30 minutes away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Larkspur, CO Range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zombie_Flesh
January 3, 2013, 09:43 AM
Let me add I always clean up my shooting places when I leave. Typically hauling out other people's garbage as well.

Robert
January 3, 2013, 01:10 PM
There is really nothing around Larkspur as far as shooting ranges go. There are ranges in the denver area, Elbert county, El Paso county and down in Pueblo West but nothing in or around Larkspur.

mojoinco
January 18, 2013, 04:38 AM
BLGC.org (members club: look at the calendar for events -- most are open to the public). We will likely reach our 1200 member limit in the next week or two. But it is a drive from Larkspur (we do have a chapter that meets near there).

You can shoot in much of Pikes National Forest. A recent article: http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/tellercounty/news/shooting-range-shortage-sends-target-practice-into-forest/article_5cd8d4d5-38d0-5b6b-af60-8431dbc9042d.html

Another alternative: There is a recently opened indoor range in Castle Rock. It is near I-25 & Wolfensberger (exit there, head West 1 ~3 blocks, turn North, on the left next to Douglas Count Lumber).

Douglas County has nothing for public ranges other than this. Cherry Creek Reservoir/State Park has a public range, but that is quite a drive.

mojoinco
January 18, 2013, 04:39 AM
Oh, go to the CSSA (CO State Shooting Association) & the Colorado DOW web pages and see what they list. Not sure how often they are updated.

788Ham
January 18, 2013, 12:41 PM
There is also a range out by Bennet, not sure of exact location, open to public.

OregonJohnny
January 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
Here is very similar thread I started exactly a year ago, regarding the Southern Denver area. There may be a few more answers there:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=636408

Rom828
January 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
East of Colorado Springs is Dragonmans outdoor shooting range, military museum, paintball and motocross fun park. Ten bucks a head to shoot all day, closed on Mondays.

If you enjoyed reading about "Larkspur, CO Range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!