SCCY Industries CPX-1 CPX-2 discussion

PDA

BSA1
January 3, 2013, 01:01 PM
Comments and discussion please.

If you enjoyed reading about "SCCY Industries CPX-1 CPX-2 discussion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shadow 7D
January 3, 2013, 03:26 PM
badly done knockoff of Keltec

C0untZer0
January 3, 2013, 03:41 PM
What's worse about the SCCY than the PF-9 ?

Skribs
January 3, 2013, 03:56 PM
From the short amount of reviews that I've read, the Gen 1 pistols from SCCY were crap, but the Gen 2 are okay. Cheap quality but cheap price, so it's not really a bargain but you get what you pay for.

I don't have any personal experience, but especially with the finger grooves on the SCCY I'd prefer a Kel-Tec. If you have the funds available, Glock or S&W is probably a better option, but if you need something cheap I don't think the SCCY would be a bad choice.

2wheels
January 3, 2013, 04:31 PM
Since KelTecs ain't expensive to begin with, this is a situation where I'd go with the better known company that has a reputation for taking care of their customers.

leadchucker
January 3, 2013, 04:33 PM
The SCCY is more closely akin to the P11 than the PF9.

Shadow 7D
January 3, 2013, 04:36 PM
OH, and SCCY (which got sued and lost for violating SKKY vodka's TM or copy right)
had a policy of spamming FAKE reviews that were tracked to the Corporate IP on this and MANY other forums, which left a bad taste, of having the president and VP trashing KT (were they were previously employed) and touting this "great new product" claiming to be 'in no way affiliated with this company'
AND violating pretty much EVERY gun forums commercial use policy.

rbernie
January 3, 2013, 04:40 PM
What's worse about the SCCY than the PF-9 ?Reportedly - bits falling off randomly. There have been prior threads here on this, in case anyone is interested enough in the topic to do a search.

NormH3
January 3, 2013, 04:46 PM
It's my understanding that the CEO that was involved with the "false reviews" is long gone. I've also heard that their support and product is much, much better than previous.

coolluke01
January 3, 2013, 04:52 PM
My brother has a SCCY 9mm. The slide keeps cracking! He has sent it back to them 3-4 times each time it would crack again with light use with standard 9mm target loads. When it comes back this last time it will stay in a drawer and not get used except emergencies.

He's been thinking about getting a Glock like his older wiser brother. ;-)

C0untZer0
January 3, 2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks coolluke01

glove
January 3, 2013, 08:35 PM
Check out the February Guns&Ammo, Sweeney did a review on it.

banddr2
January 3, 2013, 09:01 PM
I have 200 rounds through a Gen 2 with 0 malfunctions and pretty accurate and easy to shoot. I think it is a Kel Tec P11 clone with better quality. I will not shoot it as a range gun, so I expect its life to be under 1000 total rounds for me, that's all I expect, it's not a Glock! My intended use is an under the seat car gun and if it ever gets stolen Im only out 250 bucks.

coolluke01
January 3, 2013, 09:39 PM
^^^^ How about the fact that you let a criminal get his hands on a handgun!! $250 is nothing compared to the fact that you may be an accomplice to a murder, rape etc.

Secure your weapon.

BSA1
January 3, 2013, 09:39 PM
I looked at both models today.

Exterior workmanship is very good,

Exterior finish was flawless.

Lifetime warranty follows the gun, not the owner.

Well under $300.00.

Gun Tests liked it and gave it a B-.

banddr2
January 3, 2013, 09:57 PM
"^^^^ How about the fact that you let a criminal get his hands on a handgun!! $250 is nothing compared to the fact that you may be an accomplice to a murder, rape etc.

Secure your weapon."

Seriously! I thought this was a gun performance thread not a storage technique thread. I lock my car, what else can I do. Havn't had one stolen in 30 years.

Kiln
January 3, 2013, 10:34 PM
A guy I used to know had a first gen model. Only issue was that if you grip it the wrong way your hand flips the safety on with recoil. Otherwise it worked fine.

That said I know firsthand that Kel Tec pistols are decent guns. The P40 I have has been problem free for 2500 rounds.

MedWheeler
January 4, 2013, 12:56 PM
How about the fact that you let a criminal get his hands on a handgun!! $250 is nothing compared to the fact that you may be an accomplice to a murder, rape etc.

Oh, please. Burglarize a vehicle, steal a gun, commit a crime with it, and it's the owner's fault? And the owner even becomes an accomplice!? :what:

Let's see; where have we heard that before?

Oh, yeah, just about every left-wing liberal politician and media source out there..

coolluke01
January 4, 2013, 01:54 PM
Saying "oh the liberals say that" doesn't excuse ignorance or foolishness.
Do you lock your guns up in your home? 2500 cars are stolen every day, not to mention the 1000's of breakins every day.
A car is not a very secure place at all.

I'm not talking about being a criminal accomplice but a moral one. I don't want to live with the fact that I was careless with my gun and a crime was committed with it.

Skribs
January 4, 2013, 02:05 PM
The fact that any lock or safe can be defeated means that no matter what you do, you're vulnerable to theft. There is an advantage to keeping the gun out of sight but with easy access.

The fact that guns can easily be had by a criminal without stealing my guns means I do not feel responsible if they do. I do think it is responsible to at least hide them.

BSA1
January 4, 2013, 09:24 PM
Well we stayed on topic for 16 posts. Thanks for the comments about the guns.

PGT
January 27, 2013, 11:07 PM
I ordered one today. I also have a Bersa Thunder UC on the way. We'll see which one I like better. :)

parkerd
February 24, 2013, 09:46 AM
Own a SCCY 9mm. Got it by winning a raffle. If you want accurate information see the sccy forum: www.sccyforum.com
This pistol has operated flawlessly for me. Own several firearms including Glocks. The Glocks have been decent, but still have their issues. I think far too many for their inflated price. I am posting here because I really get tired of the postings by someone who heard something from their granny, who heard something from her plumber, who heard something from his waitress.....
If you want to know about the operation of a gun, or anything for that matter, talk with people who have the item and have used it. The Glock guy whose brother sent it back "3 or 4" times - if it was his brother, and if the guy is really into guns, don't you think he would know if it was exactly 3 or 4? The funny thing is the company doesn't know anything about it. If Glocks were perfect then there would not be a need for a "Glock armorer".
If a company is making crap and doesn't fix it, then they need to go. If a company has a decent product and works to improve it - then they need to be recognized and supported.
Sccy makes a good lower priced pistol, continues to work to improve it, and has pretty good customer service. Do a search and look at all the recent reviews.

coolluke01
February 24, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hey, I am a plumber! Lol
I don't remember exactly how many times because it has been over the last four or five years. He also lives in another state so he could have sent it in 20 times and I wouldn't know for sure.
The gun seems to work for most. I bring up this instance for the benefit of the OP.

I have shot the gun and disassembled it. It's a cheap gun. If you want a better gun pay the extra, but don't expect this gun to be a high round count gun.

Airbrush Artist
February 24, 2013, 12:54 PM
Local top gunsmith told me they are fine until you break them down to clean them and parts start fallin off,I've researched them extensively and It would make a good firearm to have for the Low price shoots well,is accurate and looks and feels really comfortable Locally I can get one for $250 New, Iwas so very close to gettin one but waited,for me a S&W Compact 9 mm.or 40m&p...still a tad undecided on that part of the choice...

Mr. Trashcan
February 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
This may sound superficial, but I don't like grips that dictate where you put your fingers. I prefer my Keltec P11 with a Hogue grip which can be custom applied to accomodate any hand.

pittspilot
February 24, 2013, 11:41 PM
A couple were shooting one next to me a few trips ago at the range. Looked good but it was jamming on them a lot.

Mr. Trashcan
March 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
Local top gunsmith told me they are fine until you break them down to clean them and parts start fallin off

That's not a gunsmith I'd trust. Anyone who is familiar with the KelTec P11 or the SCCY knows that when you remove the guts there are pieces that can fall off. And putting them back on is simple and takes two seconds.

C0untZer0
March 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
^ when I take my Glock apart the barrel falls off :(

ErikO
March 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'll probably get one, slightly more money than a Hi Point but looks much better.

Airbrush Artist
March 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
Seems to be a whole bunch of negatives! But ,I'll probably own one sometimein the future ,just stay away from the CPX-1http://www.sccyforum.com/

IMTHDUKE
March 12, 2013, 11:18 PM
Got one the other day just for the low price. Gunblast.com has a review. Haven't fired mine yet. Took it down for cleaning andt the barrel came out:)

gamestalker
March 13, 2013, 05:12 AM
I just got 2 of the Gen. 1 and I love them. The slide and other parts are extremely well fitted, they are accurate, and I have yet to shoot anything through them that didn't cycle perfectly. So far they have eating 90 gr. XTP's, 115 gr. XTP's, Nosler's, and Gold Dots, 124 gr. XTP's, 147 gr. XTP's.

When you work the slide it feels like they are on a ball bearing surface, like silk. They say it's due to the self lubricating metals and precision mated surfaces.

The chambers are nicely supported too, although the chamber seems a little bit thin to me, but I think that's just me being a little nervous about new light weight metal alloy technology I guess.

I also like the DA feature, ambidextrous safety, and the pressure trigger safety. And another quality is the trigger pull, it is soo smooth and constant. I am truly impressed with my SCCY's, and I plan on buying a couple of 2nd gen. models as soon as they are back on the shelves. I like them better than any of the Taurus I own, and they are about $100 bucks less than the PT111 or 709.

GS

akv3g4n
March 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
My buddy had a gen1 9mm that the safety broke off of while I was shooting it. The trigger reset was horrible and he said that it was the 3rd time that the safety had broken off like that. In SCCY's defense, they do keep sending him new ones at no cost.

If you enjoyed reading about "SCCY Industries CPX-1 CPX-2 discussion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!