Fiocchi or Estate 00 Buck?

PDA

kyarcher
January 3, 2013, 05:11 PM
I'm looking to stockpile a few rounds of 00 buck and would like your opinion on which of these two to get.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fiocchi or Estate 00 Buck?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
January 3, 2013, 05:28 PM
The one that performs best in YOUR gun. You need to try some of each

btg3
January 3, 2013, 05:36 PM
I'm looking to stockpile a few rounds of 00 buck and would like your opinion on which of these two to get...

Not sure why you've narrowed the choice to these two, but if you have yet to pattern them, then that could be worth more than opinions here.

Might "stockpile a few rounds" qualify as an oxymoron? Gonna keep your stockpile in the mag tube?

btg3
January 3, 2013, 05:39 PM
Duplicate deleted.

evan price
January 3, 2013, 06:34 PM
Fiochi patterned better than the others I tried in my guns. I keep nickle plated 00 fiochi in the rack.
You need to try both at a range of distances and see which performs best.

Hunterdad
January 3, 2013, 09:29 PM
I'm a fan of fiochi

Fred Fuller
January 3, 2013, 10:57 PM
I agree - pattern both. Estate is now made by ATK, which also makes Federal, Speer etc IIRC.

AND run the gun hot with your choice, to be sure they will function reliably in a hot gun. About 15 rounds as fast as you can put them safely downrange should do it, that's a Rolling Thunder drill's worth of ammo and a pretty good test.

45crittergitter
January 25, 2013, 07:23 PM
Fiocchi has a much better reputation for reliability than does Estate, though if ATK owns it now, Estate may be doing better.

VA27
January 25, 2013, 11:51 PM
Function test, too. I shot with a P.D. that bought Fiocchi for training ammo and had multiple failures to extract in my 870.

axeman_g
January 28, 2013, 02:07 PM
Fiochi is my choice, only because Estate sometimes bind up my action due to expansion. Whatever you do, dont buy cheap SD ammo. It will let you down, most likely when you most need it.

returningfire
January 28, 2013, 02:57 PM
Fiocchi everytime

If you enjoyed reading about "Fiocchi or Estate 00 Buck?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!