Know your opponents well...

PDA

tjs45d
January 3, 2013, 08:25 PM
We need to understand the people who are trying to re-write the Constitution. Attached is a link I ran across on another website. Scary thought process, but this is what we are up against..!

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2013/01/kurt-eichenwald-lets-repeal-second-amendment

Thanks to all who administer this site and to all the members who post here. I have been reading the posts here for a number of years and just recently joined the board. I appreciate the opportunity to converse with like-minded Americans.. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Know your opponents well..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Alaska444
January 3, 2013, 08:35 PM
That's a shame. Kurt Eichenwald wrote a wonderful expose on dialysis practices in America in about 1996 if I remember correctly for the NY Times. The article is still quoted today in dialysis circles.

However, he tortured himself with slanted grammar in his essay on gun control and the 2A. Unfortunately, there are getting to be more sheeople in the US. We are in for a battle where the other side doesn't play by fair rules.

Tommygunn
January 3, 2013, 08:37 PM
Well, that's a very typical lib who seems willing to allow us to keep our guns but wants us to buy insurance, like we do when we drive a car. No comprehension of what the 2A means as he over-analyzes pecayune semantics.

Midnight Oil
January 3, 2013, 08:49 PM
Once the Second Amendment is gone, a new amendment, one that takes account of the realities of modern times, should replace it. I think such an amendment should read something like this:
The people retain the right to keep and bear arms, subject to reasonable restrictions deemed necessary by the Congress and the President to secure the lives and well being of others.
-Kurt Eichenwald

you're right, the thought process of the anti crowd (in this case, "reasonably" pro crowd) can get very scary. the fact that there are a growing number of people that have returned to the point of wanting a monarch, with a divine right to rule its subjects, is a frightening thought indeed.

buckeye8
January 3, 2013, 09:05 PM
Midnight Oil: They don't care a whit about the form or process. They want civilians disarmed, and they want it now.

If it can be accomplished by executive fiat, they're fine with unitary tyranny.

If it can be accomplished by muscling a bill through the legislature, they're fine with oligarchical tyranny.

If it can be accomplished through ballot initiatives, they're fine with the tyranny of the majority.

We cannot project our values (rule of law, due process) onto them. They respect neither. Ends matter to them, not means.

oldbear
January 3, 2013, 09:11 PM
Even though i don't agree with Kurt Eichenwald, the writer of the essay, I have to say it's one of the most Intelligent arguments supporting firearm control I've read in some time. Iím starting to believe that if there is any major firearm control legation passed in the next few years an argument such as the authors may be the basis for it.

Grassman
January 3, 2013, 10:07 PM
I would argue trash like this article harms more people, guess we should ban the first amendment too?

3twelves
January 3, 2013, 10:15 PM
I would argue trash like this article harms more people, guess we should ban the first amendment too?
The 1st has been being stomped on for while now along with the 4th and 5th.

If you enjoyed reading about "Know your opponents well..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!