Connecticut CCW Witch Hunt

PDA

wacki
January 3, 2013, 11:49 PM
The names and addresses of about 170,000 handgun permit holders in Connecticut, now kept confidential by law, could be made public under a proposed bill that pits gun owners against would-be reformers in the aftermath of the Dec. 14 Newtown school massacre.

The bill, introduced by Rep. Stephen D. Dargan, D-West Haven,

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/newtown-sandy-hook-school-shooting/hc-handgun-permit-foi-0104-20130103,0,6372731.story

If you enjoyed reading about "Connecticut CCW Witch Hunt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
January 3, 2013, 11:50 PM
And what are we going to do about it?

BlueBronco
January 3, 2013, 11:52 PM
We have our ccw privacy protected by statute here in Florida because of a couple of papers pulling this crap in 2005. If a bill popped up to make it public again, I would be writing my state legislators and state senators as well as the Gov about it and carrying my soap box around.

LubeckTech
January 3, 2013, 11:54 PM
Is there much those of us outside CT can do?

Atbat82
January 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
It's protected by statute in CT too. But this genius wants to change it. I can't see any reasonable justification for making it public. It's clearly vengeful even though that vengeance is WOEFULLY mis-directed.

Sent from my iPhone

BlueBronco
January 4, 2013, 12:04 AM
Is there much those of us outside CT can do?

Other than encourage ccw license holders in CT to rally, I don't thinks so.

wacki
January 4, 2013, 01:23 AM

step 1: make sure friends in CT know
step 2: pay attention and make sure it doesn't happen in your state

I consider this pretty serious stuff and it should be fought fiercely and early.

black_powder_Rob
January 4, 2013, 01:54 AM
^^^^ this!

JohnsXDM
January 4, 2013, 01:57 AM
Theres one common thread to all of these new gun related bills coming out nation wide,,,,,they are all being sponsered by DEMOCRATS!!!!!

gunNoob
January 4, 2013, 02:29 AM
I guess it's good that IL doesn't have CCW... They know I have a FOID card but nothing about if or how many guns I own.

Inebriated
January 4, 2013, 02:29 AM
Theres one common thread to all of these new gun related bills coming out nation wide,,,,,they are all being sponsered by DEMOCRATS!!!!!
NO way!!!?

Flashcube
January 4, 2013, 02:57 AM
Great... not what I needed to see right before bed. :banghead:

I guess the old word processor is going to be getting another workout this weekend...

garymc
January 4, 2013, 05:33 AM
It's not ccw permits. Apparently Connecticut requires a permit to own a pistol. It's the pistol owners being targeted.

BLB68
January 4, 2013, 08:39 PM
"It's a tool for criminals," said Robert Crook . . .

What a name to go with that quote. :D

Jim NE
January 4, 2013, 08:53 PM

Publish the names AND ADDRESSES of the legislators who pass the law and the journalists who print the information.

JohnnyK
January 4, 2013, 08:59 PM
God Bless Texas... I was born in Hartford... I'm so Glad I live in Tx... where our Governor loves his RKBA!

JohnnyK
January 4, 2013, 09:01 PM
just think... the Constitution was written in Connecticut!!! my how things have changed!!!! From the Constitution State to Communist State :( it's a sad state of affairs!

Onmilo
January 4, 2013, 09:01 PM
I may be moving back to Texas the way things are going up here in yankeeland...

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ah America 2013. A lunatic commits a massacre and the first bills written up by Democrats are to punish innocent citizens. Makes perfect sense!

Are the sheeple in Conn. speaking up? What are the odds in your legislature? Have you written this clown?

lionken07
January 4, 2013, 09:31 PM
I'm doing everything in my power but there are just not enough of us up here. I was listening to our Govt Malloy and he is just helpless. Calling there is no need to have "30 round clips". He is also setting up a task force to look at "gun control" as if it's not tight enough. We have some of the tightest gun control laws around already and it's not doing much.

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 09:53 PM
Send him this: http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/sheriffs-called-out-to-fight-the-law/

JRadice45
January 4, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I was unaware this was happening in my state. One misguided bill...

xXxplosive
January 4, 2013, 09:59 PM
Don't get me wrong........these libs are violating our right to privacy as I see it and they're doing it in a malicious manner....that being said......maybe they'll post next as to whether you own a dog or not or have an alarm system......our GS couldn't care less......C'mon over uninvited and meet him......he's our door man.

Devonai
January 4, 2013, 10:04 PM
I contacted my state rep, who is a Republican, for what it's worth.

JRadice45
January 4, 2013, 10:21 PM
I just finished contacting my rep' s as well

gunnutery
January 4, 2013, 10:24 PM
I don't know CT law, but 170,000 people sounds like it should be enough signatures for a recall election.

Kind of interesting that the only way he can be vengeful towards gun owners is through the pistol permit holders, the very tool most murderers use. All in the name of "safety."

PedalBiker
January 4, 2013, 10:26 PM
I got gerrymandered, my rep is no longer in my district and my new rep is a Boulder liberal.

Diane Degette is making trouble in Colorado. Hickenlooper is making noise, but I haven't heard any plans from him. We have some reasonable Democrats out here, just not many from Denver.

CTGunner
January 4, 2013, 10:53 PM
About a year ago a bill was introduced to limit magazine capacity n CT and there was a lot of resistance from law abiding gun owners. The community rallied and it was stopped. This time is going to be harder.

19-3Ben
January 4, 2013, 10:59 PM
Other than encourage ccw license holders in CT to rally, I don't thinks so.

Yeah, as a CT resident and permit holder this is damned terrifying. If any of you know any CT permit holders please get in touch with them.

CTGunner
January 4, 2013, 11:12 PM
3.6 million people in the state and only 170k permit holders. The math IS scary if that permit number is correct.

Atbat82
January 5, 2013, 01:06 AM
3.6 million people in the state and only 170k permit holders. The math IS scary if that permit number is correct.

Seems about right. You don't need a permit for long guns (though getting one removes a two week wait).

Local news here just had a local chief of police talking about how dangerous this law would be. Oddly, it's the first reasonable news report I've seen on gun control. It actually admitted that pro-RKBA folks aren't all crazy.

Sent from my iPhone

If you enjoyed reading about "Connecticut CCW Witch Hunt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!