Glock Announcement

PDA

flaman
January 4, 2013, 06:18 AM
Glock to announce a new product offering in 3 days. Hmmm, what could it be?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Announcement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
January 4, 2013, 06:20 AM
Gen 5?:evil:

tarosean
January 4, 2013, 06:23 AM
Something plastic???

Seriously though.. if its not a single stack 9 I dont care....

dirtengineer
January 4, 2013, 06:43 AM
Single stack 9 the same size at a Kahr PM9 would be very cool.

Gtscotty
January 4, 2013, 06:51 AM
The ever-elusive Glock carbine!

Juuuust kidding, it's the Gen 5 G22 now with a 3 stage recoil spring ;)

PowderMonkey
January 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
You posted the same on the 1911 forum.

I hit their site and didn't see any announcement.

Linkage?

Robert
January 4, 2013, 08:10 AM
Link please.

TexasGlock23
January 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
first I've heard of this

olderguns
January 4, 2013, 08:36 AM
I'm on glocks website at least weekly,and a fan on their facebook page, and I haven't seen anything.

Aaron1100us
January 4, 2013, 08:38 AM
Glock shotgun

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

hentown
January 4, 2013, 08:38 AM
Glock's a lot less interested in their website than in marketing their products. They're notorious for not updating their site. ;)

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 08:41 AM
All models 10 rounds max.

ColtPythonElite
January 4, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'll bet they will come out with another model I don't want. Thus, far their track record is 100%.

TJx
January 4, 2013, 09:25 AM
A forehead shield made of polymer.

ku4hx
January 4, 2013, 09:32 AM
Glock to announce a new product offering in 3 days. Hmmm, what could it be?
Maybe quote the announcement or provide a link? Your post reminds me of my wife telling me at 10:00AM "I have something to tell you when you get home after work."

Why tell me you have something to tell me? Just tell me.

TJx
January 4, 2013, 09:33 AM
http://www.facebook.com/GLOCK

1goodshot
January 4, 2013, 09:34 AM
A plastic bayonet to attach to thier pistols

1911 guy
January 4, 2013, 09:37 AM
I heard Glock had finally really perfected their product line.

It now includes steel guns, useable external controls, ergonomics slightly better than a 2"x4" and a grip angle suitable for more than three percent of the worlds population. In contrast, of course, to everything they've made previously.

Hapworth
January 4, 2013, 10:09 AM
Appears legit; Glock's Facebook page references it in official posts:

https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK

Internet speculation leans heavily toward single stack in either compact .45ACP or subcompact 9mm, and the ever longed for, never realized Glock carbine.

ClickClickD'oh
January 4, 2013, 10:12 AM
Glock 1911 is finally coming.

bannockburn
January 4, 2013, 10:30 AM
A Glock single stack in .45...that could be relatively interesting.

Steve H
January 4, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'd bet either a single stack 45 or a 9

Hapworth
January 4, 2013, 10:34 AM
Others have noted a close look at the "Big Announcement" word puzzle on Glock's FB seems to have the phrase "online community" jumbled up, leading some to speculate this is nothing more than an official Glock forum launch.

The letdown would be similar to the last time Glock had a "major announcement" and it turned out to be their 25 anniversary.

oneounceload
January 4, 2013, 10:36 AM
They already have a single stack 45 - the 36
A single stack 9 would be nice ONLY if they make the slide as thin as a Kahr

Ehtereon11B
January 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
Glock could change the stippling on their slide and call it a new generation. Wonder if the Gen 5 will be a downgrade like the 3 to 4 was with the same QC issues at the beginning?

Hapworth
January 4, 2013, 10:39 AM
They already have a single stack 45 - the 36True, but that's a subcompact; speculation is something in full or compact size.

C0untZer0
January 4, 2013, 10:42 AM
One of the models that doesn't have a Gen 4 is going to get a Gen 4 rollout.

17L Gen 4 anyone ?

mgmorden
January 4, 2013, 10:44 AM
My money is on a sub-compact single-stack 9mm. That market is absolutely booming and Glock would be crazy not to grab their piece of the pie.

Hapworth
January 4, 2013, 10:47 AM
Glock could change the stippling on their slide and call it a new generation. Wonder if the Gen 5 will be a downgrade like the 3 to 4 was with the same QC issues at the beginning?
Well, Gen4 was certainly more than a change in stippling, but your point about the problems in the early Gen4s is well taken: Glock rolled a product out without the benefit of full R&D testing and paid a heckuva price for it, money and reputation-wise.

Hopefully they learned a lesson from that...

rbernie
January 4, 2013, 10:55 AM
I just want a Gen4 Glock 20 and a midsize 45ACP to fill the hole between the 21 and the 30.

mgmorden
January 4, 2013, 11:05 AM
Just one thing I noticed - right before their announcement of their - er, upcoming announcement, they replaced their cover photo with a puzzle piece partially filled in. I'm guessing that is alluding to their new product:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AGvOOAgAtv0/UObvsfFZuOI/AAAAAAAABFk/SPy2ZlfxZAE/s800/293642_10151334200551797_763955192_n.jpg

g_one
January 4, 2013, 11:06 AM
Not to derail the topic, but what's the fascination/desire for a single-stack 9mm? I thought the whole point of a double stack 9 was that it wasn't that much wider than a single stack 45. I have a G26 and it fits both IWB and in a pocket holster just fine, and I've never once thought it was anywhere close to too wide for my grip.

hk-sigman
January 4, 2013, 11:10 AM
They are coming out with an M&P copy :what:

smalls
January 4, 2013, 11:15 AM
I have a G26 and it fits both IWB and in a pocket holster just fine, and I've never once thought it was anywhere close to too wide for my grip.

You may not think so, but a lot of people don't like double stacks, and find them too wide for their hands or to comfortably carry.

mgmorden
Not to derail the topic, but what's the fascination/desire for a single-stack 9mm? I thought the whole point of a double stack 9 was that it wasn't that much wider than a single stack 45. I have a G26 and it fits both IWB and in a pocket holster just fine, and I've never once thought it was anywhere close to too wide for my grip.

Note that when "wonder nines" took off most states didn't have concealed carry available. Handguns were either for the range, the nightstand, or for open carry. The concealed carry movement has changed a lot of the criteria that people have for weapons. Size most definitely matters.

Different people have different tolerances as to pistol width for IWB carry, and tiny differences on paper can make for huge differences in actual feel. You may be able to comfortably IWB carry a G26 but I certainly can't - its just too wide. My LCP for example feels wonderful IWB but my Makarov that I sometimes carry (in a Theis holster which is pretty good) still feels like I'm shoving a brick between my pants - and its even a single stack.

eldon519
I am looking at their Facebook page, and I don't see where they promise a new product. They just promise big news. As mgmorden posted above, they have a cryptic facebook profile picture to match. I'm not sure if it's the only possibility, but it certainly looks like it might say "The Ultimate Online Community" with what might be a "sign up" in the bottom left, and possibly a "share" about middle of the page. It may not be a product at all in the firearm sense.

tarosean
January 4, 2013, 11:19 AM
Speculation is its nothing more than their usual attempts at something "new" as in mix match their parts bins and designate new numbered gun.

G30 with a G36 Slide.. = 30S

Hammerdown77
January 4, 2013, 11:30 AM
I'm gonna go with single stack 9mm sub-compact as well. All of their competitors have one.

bp78
January 4, 2013, 11:37 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19497930/forums/glock_hilite.png

On their teaser, notice the upper right. Appears to be a new compact handgun. Dimensionally it looks like a single-stack to me, based on the grip to trigger-guard ratio and the light-rail width.

ny32182
January 4, 2013, 11:42 AM
Please, please be a full ambi 34 so I can shoot a Glock again.

But it won't be... after witnessing the success of the Shield, if they come out with a new gun I would guess subcompact single stack 9 like everyone else.

xwingband
January 4, 2013, 12:03 PM
If it's not a singe stack 9... they're dumb.

For those saying a 1911... if it doesn't have a safety and is striker fired, how can you say it's anything 1911 related? I can see saying something like the HK USP's and HK45 is a polymer 1911 of sorts, but Glock is not going to add a safety or suddenly make a hammer fire pistol.

Skribs
January 4, 2013, 12:09 PM
Single stack, sub-compact 9 seems most likely, but honestly if they don't make it thin then it won't sell very well. The G36 is significantly bulkier than the XDs, for example (although the XDs did come out later). By my estimate, if they do the same thing with the G40 (if the G40 is the single stack 9), it would be about 1.04" wide, which would be a lot wider than a Shield and significantly wider than the LC9.

The other thing that nobody in this thread has said is that the G40 would be a .22, which would be ironic since the G22 is a .40.

Derek Zeanah
January 4, 2013, 12:15 PM
SHOT is coming up. We'll know in a week and a half.

hk-sigman
January 4, 2013, 12:21 PM
My guess is that it will be a full size gun. The teaser shows a smooth trigger which is something that they only use on full size guns. It will also have a rail so it's doubtful that it will be a subcompact model.

beatledog7
January 4, 2013, 12:23 PM
If I posted a new thread with a single word -- GLOCK -- how long would it be before the haters would say something derogatory?

mgmorden
January 4, 2013, 12:25 PM
My guess is that it will be a full size gun. The teaser shows a smooth trigger which is something that they only use on full size guns. It will also have a rail so it's doubtful that it will be a subcompact model.

IIRC, serrated trigger was done for import points on smaller guns. Glock just recently started doing a fair bit of domestic production, so they don't necessarily need the import points and can use whatever trigger they want.

And speaking of that import situation, another possibility is a US release of the Glock 25 (though I kinda doubt they'd make this much stink over that).

marb4
January 4, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm going with the "Ultimate Online Community". Would love to see a Glock carbine but doubtful it will happen in the current political climate (if ever).

C0untZer0
January 4, 2013, 12:32 PM
I have Glocks - I love them, I'm not a Glock hater.

I know there are folks out there who absolutley love their G26, but the quest to get it accepted as a pocket pistol is just not going to work. The Glock G26 fan boys do 1 of 3 things

They drop a G26 into a cargo pocket and declare it a pocket pistol

or

They drop it into some work pants type work wear that has larger front pockets than say the average Levi or Lee jeans or cotton Dockers

or

They cram that pistol into a normal front pocket, with it bulging out all over and peeking out the top, but because it's "in" the pocket they declare it a pocket pistol.

If the G26 was everything that it's fans think it is then S&W Shields wouldn't be selling like hotcakes, and Luger LC9s wouldn't have sold like they do, and people wouldn't have flocked to the Kahr PM9 and CM9, and other slim nines.

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 02:41 PM
I say some subcompact in .380.

Glock? It's not a hate thing, it's the fact that they use the word "perfection".

I have a 17L and a 20. Calm down.

PabloJ
January 4, 2013, 02:54 PM
All models 10 rounds max.
Please.......we are trying to stabilize current situation by making people come to their senses. There is no need to throw gas into the fire.

Inebriated
January 4, 2013, 03:15 PM
I say some subcompact in .380.
They already have that.

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 03:24 PM
No .380 Glock in the USA that I've seen.

smalls
January 4, 2013, 04:56 PM
They make one, but it never had enough "import points" to be sold here. They now gave a US plant, do they could if they wanted too. But it's also the size if their G26, do it wouldn't sell well.

January 4, 2013, 05:16 PM
GLOCK is going to announce that they're purchasing Freedom Group and retroactively renaming every Remington branded product by replacing the word Remington with GLOCK. For example, the .223 GLOCK. :scrutiny: Renaming existing products seems to count as new products these days.

JustinJ
January 4, 2013, 07:14 PM
A 9mm glock with a slide-fire attachment called the Glock 17.5

OilyPablo
January 4, 2013, 07:39 PM
They make one, but it never had enough "import points" to be sold here. They now gave a US plant, do they could if they wanted too. But it's also the size if their G26, do it wouldn't sell well.

I meant a true small small subcompact.

tahunua001
January 4, 2013, 07:48 PM
a rock river arms 1911 with the glock name on the side and a $150 dollar price hike?
a single stack 45ACP?
a chunk of railroad with a tupperware plate melted to it...oh wait that's all glocks...

well I give up, for all I know they're going back to the Gen 2.5+ backstraps and change their slogan to something less pretentious...

KAS1981
January 4, 2013, 07:55 PM
Single stack "carry" pistol (or pistols).

EBK
January 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
Glock is a one trick pony. hard to imagine they are comming out with anything noteworthy.

Another gen of the same old pistols.

wow6599
January 4, 2013, 08:34 PM
They redesigned their guns to have fully supported chambers!

RyanH1
January 4, 2013, 09:08 PM
Another updated extractor or spring? :evil:

njdet354
January 5, 2013, 12:21 AM
Glock carbine. They recently built a 100 yard indoor range at the Georgia facility.

mgmorden
January 5, 2013, 12:23 AM
They updated their puzzle with a few more pieces. It's looking from what I can see like it truly is going to be an online community site.

I have got to say that if it turns out to actually that, this will have been the DUMBEST advertising campaign I've ever seen. I mean bad. Really bad. Like someone in their marketing department should be fired bad. The only firearms community (as evidenced by this very site and many more like it) is already quite well served.

paramedic70002
January 5, 2013, 01:57 AM
New cartridge: 9mm GAP :eek:

9mmDietCokeLover
January 5, 2013, 07:53 AM
Looked at it, and they are definitely adding some type of online community. Made this up quickly to see.

bds
January 5, 2013, 08:21 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/543184_10151335949186797_1496508688_n.jpg

It's looking like - https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK
Glock | ID. THE ULTIMATE ONLINE COMMUNITY

OilyPablo
January 5, 2013, 08:40 AM
That's it?

Well you guys at least make it a reach out pro-2nd place!:D

jon86
January 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
welp... nothing to see here, move along

cl4de6
January 5, 2013, 11:32 AM
I hate Glocks. They are a one-trick pony, but even I admit they do that one trick very, very well. I've encouraged many, many people to buy Glocks because of the simplicity and availability of parts, although there is less reason to do so now with the M&P.

The funny thing about Glock is that you sort of have to buy into their way of thinking. As one poster above said about the G26, "people shove it in their cargo pocket and call it a pocket pistol." And they are right. Glock owners will conform to the pistol rather than demanding the pistol conform to them. This is why they deal with the crazy grip angle, the fat grip, and the crappy stock sights. And if you don't like it, well: "NEIN! Das Glock est Perfection, Ju est zee problem!"

So I think Glock knows that its market will do just fine if they don't introduce a slim carry pistol. There is a reason why everybody owns a G19. It holds a good amount of ammunition, conceals up pretty well under a loose t-shirt or sport coat, and goes bang when you pull the trigger. For most people who are not enthusiasts, it works pretty darn well. EDIT: Even for people who are enthusiasts, it works pretty darn well.

So I doubt that Glock will introduce a thinner pistol. It would be a solution in search of a problem and lots of retooling when they've already done a good job at making their customers conform.

eldon519
January 7, 2013, 07:41 PM
Glock updated the message to say it is not just a forum, but they have also delayed the announcement to add changes. Makes me think it was just a Forum, and they are scrambling to add something to combat the disappointment.

mgmorden
January 7, 2013, 08:14 PM
Glock updated the message to say it is not just a forum, but they have also delayed the announcement to add changes. Makes me think it was just a Forum, and they are scrambling to add something to combat the disappointment.

Quite possible. The amount of criticism they were receiving on Facebook was unreal. Not that a Glock forum wouldn't be useful (though I think its adequately covered already), but it's the type of thing that could just be announced with no buildup. When they do a "secret" countdown customers expect a little more.

TennJed
January 7, 2013, 08:29 PM
A polymer snubbie revolver in 380 GAP

hentown
January 7, 2013, 08:30 PM
Glock carbine. They recently built a 100 yard indoor range at the Georgia facility.

That's because we Georgian's typically shoot our Glocks @ 100 yds.

Hammerdown77
January 7, 2013, 08:36 PM
Single stack 45 Auto that is NOT the G36

Inebriated
January 7, 2013, 08:40 PM
Single stack 45 Auto that is NOT the G36

Why in the world would Glock possibly try another iteration of what could be their least-selling firearm, with the long list of other things there is a real market for?

Seven High
January 7, 2013, 09:44 PM
A Glock 19 in 22lr with adjustable sights.

Inebriated
January 7, 2013, 10:21 PM
A Glock 19 in 22lr with adjustable sights.

That would be a Glock 40 ;)

hwmoore
January 8, 2013, 03:21 AM
how about a Glock 40m a 22mag pistol with a 32 round capacity lol got to do better than Keltec at this point Glock is playing catch up to every one else in the 380 and slim 9mm but it's probably another stinking Glock forum :(

Hammerdown77
January 8, 2013, 12:35 PM
Why in the world would Glock possibly try another iteration of what could be their least-selling firearm, with the long list of other things there is a real market for?
Dunno, we'll see. A little birdy told me.

Maybe to get into single stack IDPA?

hardluk1
January 8, 2013, 01:56 PM
How about this-http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/08/the-new-glock-30s/ maybe they have it worked out.

The glock puzzle board looks like the g1? . That number could be a 6 or glock 16. It will be interesting to see whats up.

Hammerdown77
January 8, 2013, 04:11 PM
I'd heard you could do that, but I didn't see the point. The grip frame is still as thick as the slide of the standard G30, so what do you gain? No G36 holster would work because the trigger guard and dust cover would be too wide.

Unless this is a whole new frame that is between the G36 and G30 in thickness...

Skribs
January 8, 2013, 04:17 PM
Glock 17 was the first pistol (17th patent by Gaston), I don't think they'd retrofit those numbers. If it was a brand new pistol, it would be G40. If it's a retrofit of an older pistol it would be a next Gen option, or maybe something like a Small Frame.

Walt Sherrill
January 8, 2013, 04:26 PM
Somebody mentioned a Glock in .22 wmr, with 30 or so rounds. I'd buy one of those. (I've been on a waiting list or two for a Kel-Tec PMR-30 for almost a year...)

C0untZer0
January 8, 2013, 06:20 PM
I didn't see anyone else say it so I'll say it

A Glock chambered for .32 ACP to compete with the Beretta Tomcat

psyopspec
January 8, 2013, 08:01 PM
http://us.glock.com/upload/news/SHOTHits/TheTruthAboutGuns.jpg

Beavertail backstraps.

AFDavis11
January 8, 2013, 08:10 PM
Probably a revolver :)

76shuvlinoff
January 8, 2013, 08:16 PM
If it's a single stack 9mm, a THIN single stack 9mm, I would have to break some vows and try it.... in a few months.

2zulu1
January 8, 2013, 08:44 PM
Glock is adding a 38 Super model for competition, single stack with grip and slide safties.

KenW.
January 8, 2013, 10:23 PM
A g-1911.

kayak-man
January 8, 2013, 10:32 PM
Am I seriously the only one who hopes its a polymer framed top break revolver in 10mm????

beatledog7
January 8, 2013, 11:58 PM
What's the hottest selling pistol these days? Pocket .380s. The Glock 40 will be a single stack, 6+1 (optional 7-rd extended mag) .380 Auto. It'll essentially be a scaled down G36, almost exactly the same size as the DB 380 but reliable, like a Glock. And it'll have traditional Glock sights.

Gaston, may a place a pre-order now? I'll take two, consecutive serials, please.

OilyPablo
January 9, 2013, 07:24 AM
What's the hottest selling pistol these days? Pocket .380s. The Glock 40 will be a single stack, 6+1 (optional 7-rd extended mag) .380 Auto. It'll essentially be a scaled down G36, almost exactly the same size as the DB 380 but reliable, like a Glock. And it'll have traditional Glock sights.

When I said this some guy said I was full of it. Hmm.....

meanmrmustard
January 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
Maybe it's the Glock 5.7?

flyskater
January 9, 2013, 03:45 PM
From Glock's facebook page:

"The bad news is that you'll need to wait just a little bit longer. We're adding something new that we think you'll love."

So that means the waiting game continues again.

Walt Sherrill
January 9, 2013, 03:51 PM
Beavertail backstraps

Old news. That was announced at last year's SHOT SHOW.

Skribs
January 9, 2013, 03:54 PM
To delay the waiting game makes it even worse.

ku4hx
January 9, 2013, 05:03 PM
I don't think it really matters what it is. The way I see it, the Glockers will love it no matter what it is, and the anti Glockers will love hating it no matter what it is. So, whatever it is will likely be forum fodder for a while.

A little something for all of us.

Inebriated
January 9, 2013, 06:23 PM
Announcement 1 of 3 is "Glock ID"... I registered for it... I have no idea what it is, but I got 550 points for registering lol

Skribs
January 9, 2013, 06:51 PM
ku4hx, I think Glock lovers will hate it if its just a website after all this buildup.

C0untZer0
January 9, 2013, 07:48 PM
Did Gaston's girlfriend come up with this idea?

C0untZer0
January 9, 2013, 07:50 PM
Am I seriously the only one who hopes its a polymer framed top break revolver in 10mm????

I think so...

Gtscotty
January 10, 2013, 12:10 AM
That's because we Georgian's typically shoot our Glocks @ 100 yds.

Only if the longer ranges are closed...

ku4hx
January 10, 2013, 07:02 AM
ku4hx, I think Glock lovers will hate it if its just a website after all this buildup.
Could be, could be. As a self professed "glocker" (even though I own more Rugers) if it's an online community I'll just ignore it like I do so many others. But, "one man's poison is another man's porridge" sort of thing.

Personally, I think it's just one more load of corporate hype.

JN01
January 10, 2013, 05:30 PM
From Glock's facebook page:

"The bad news is that you'll need to wait just a little bit longer. We're adding something new that we think you'll love."

So that means the waiting game continues again.

You don't expect them to release it before it has reached perfection do you?:D

GI_Jared
January 10, 2013, 11:12 PM
So from what I can tell on their facebook page Glock wasn't referring to a new handgun. They released a new website/tool called Glock ID, where you can do all sorts of stupid stuff. Like store the Glocks you own in a virtual safe, track your range time, and earn points to get "Glock rewards."

MAKster
January 10, 2013, 11:18 PM
This social networking forum was their big announcement but the reaction on Facebook and Glocktalk was so overwhelmingly negative and mocking that Glock is desperately trying to find something else that they can promote as new. Glock is totally coasting and it appears that they will never release anything new as long as Gaston is running the show.

el Godfather
January 11, 2013, 12:27 AM
Glock 16, 15, 14 and 13. Full size, compact, sub-compact and single stack compact, respectively, in 7.62x25. At least thats what I want.

Inebriated
January 11, 2013, 02:26 AM
Glock 16, 15, 14 and 13. Full size, compact, sub-compact and single stack compact, respectively, in 7.62x25. At least thats what I want.
I'd be all over that...

Though it'd be the 40, 41, 42, and 43.

rbernie
January 11, 2013, 09:02 AM
This social networking forum was their big announcement but the reaction on Facebook and Glocktalk was so overwhelmingly negative and mocking that Glock is desperately trying to find something else that they can promote as new. Glock is totally coasting and it appears that they will never release anything new as long as Gaston is running the show.For the thread win!

Robbins290
January 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
I would trade Any sig I got for a modern gun in 7.62x25

eldon519
January 12, 2013, 01:20 PM
I wonder if it might be a Gen 4 G30. If I'm not mistaken, they haven't made that yet, and if it truly was just the forum, and they are scrambling to come up with something, that would be a pretty logical and easy step to make in a hurry. Might have already been on the drawing board and is just getting pushed sooner.

OilyPablo
January 12, 2013, 01:46 PM

Does a 1911 count?

I would also love the same - a modern gun in 7.62X25. Not that I have anything against 357SIG.

bds
January 12, 2013, 01:57 PM
How about 10mm necked down to 9mm ... 9x25 Dillon?

Lone Wolf makes conversion barrel for Glock20 to 9x25 - http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?Prod=954

Robbins290
January 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
I never heard of the 9x25 dillin. A 1911 would do the trick :-) I don't have any issues with the 357 sig either. I have a few guns in 7.62x25 and have a lot of ammo stock up.

OilyPablo
January 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
There is a 7.62x25 1911 barrel.

B!ngo
January 12, 2013, 03:56 PM
I always see Glock as the Harley Davidson of the firearms world. A dominant market position, a fair number of haters but a larger group of fanboys who would chew lead to get the next model - be it a G40 or a FatTailWideBoyHardSomething. They both do a lot of customer studies and a thoughtful bit of marketing.
Both will rarely if ever step outside of their brand association - so no 1911, hammer model, carbine, etc. just as Harley will not build a high-revving superbike (the Porsche co-designed model notwithstanding but not exactly a towering success).
They move at their own pace, seemingly unaffected by external trends or competitors. But it likely does make sense for them to produce a single stack 9/40. A thinner CCW version of the G26/27. I don't know if they are losing business against others in this piece of the market, but there is a lot of money to be made here, the model totally fits in their design center and sooner or later it would seem like a slimmer version of an existing model will be produced.
At least that's my take.
B

wickedsprint
January 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
I always see Glock as the Harley Davidson of the firearms world. A dominant market position, a fair number of haters but a larger group of fanboys who would chew lead to get the next model - be it a G40 or a FatTailWideBoyHardSomething. They both do a lot of customer studies and a thoughtful bit of marketing.
Both will rarely if ever step outside of their brand association - so no 1911, hammer model, carbine, etc. just as Harley will not build a high-revving superbike (the Porsche co-designed model notwithstanding but not exactly a towering success).
They move at their own pace, seemingly unaffected by external trends or competitors. But it likely does make sense for them to produce a single stack 9/40. A thinner CCW version of the G26/27. I don't know if they are losing business against others in this piece of the market, but there is a lot of money to be made here and sooner or later it would seem like a slimmer version of an existing model will be produced.
At least that's my take.
B

Glocks are more like a plastic covered crotch rocket. High performance tupperware with subtle changes between generations at an affordable price.

savanahsdad
January 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
Glock 1911 is finally coming.
too late , Rock River already makes a polly 1911

ku4hx
January 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
I never heard of the 9x25 dillin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9725mm_Dillon

Interesting cartridge. In a compensated gun, you had to craft the load very closely or you'd get pronounced negative muzzle movement upon firing. The gun would actually nose dive. But once you had a balanced load, the round was absolutely awesome.

bds
January 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
I would trade Any sig I got for a modern gun in 7.62x25How about 10mm necked down to 9mm ... 9x25 Dillon?
How does 9x25 Dillon specs compare to 7.62x25 Tokarev?

9x25 Dillon
115 gr Speer Gold Dot JHP 1,800 ft/s 827 ft·lb
125 gr FMJ-FP Match or Speer Gold Dot JHP 1,700 ft/s 802 ft·lb

90 gr Gold Dot JHP 2,100 ft/s 881 ft·lb
95 gr FMJ 2,000 ft/s 844 ft·lb

7.62x25 Tokarev
90 gr FMJ 1,340 ft/s 360 ft·lb
85 gr FMJ 1,720 ft/s 560 ft·lb
85 gr JHP 1,700 ft/s 527 ft·lb

January 12, 2013, 06:52 PM
This social networking forum was their big announcement but the reaction on Facebook and Glocktalk was so overwhelmingly negative and mocking that Glock is desperately trying to find something else that they can promote as new. Glock is totally coasting and it appears that they will never release anything new as long as Gaston is running the show.

Well, even though they may not have intended to do so, Glock has perfected something with this ad campaign- disappointing their customers.

Hapworth
January 12, 2013, 07:09 PM
Isn't just a new Glock forum; also new G30S (G30 frame; G36 slide) and all but confirmed new Gen4 models.

C0untZer0
January 13, 2013, 01:00 AM
Glock Glock - a laughing stock

Nothing cool for this year's SHOT

Hammerdown77
January 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, today Glock confirmed that the new model is in fact a Glock 30S, a G36 slide on top of a G30 frame

mgmorden
January 14, 2013, 11:57 AM
Yes, today Glock confirmed that the new model is in fact a Glock 30S, a G36 slide on top of a G30 frame

They had already been doing that for certain LE contracts from my understanding, and it wasn't much of a secret.

I for one am thoroughly underwhelmed by these announcements. Something actually new would be nice. A single-stack 9mm, a US release of the Glock 25 - just SOMETHING.

eldon519
January 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
I was just thinking about getting a G30 but kept hearing comments about how wide it is. The G30S sounds like it might be the ticket.

C0untZer0
January 14, 2013, 06:38 PM
the new model is in fact a Glock 30S, a G36 slide on top of a G30 frame

It's still anti-climactic.

but I'm sure if they offered it in OD Green and DC Brown that it would raise the excitement level of Glock Nation sufficiently..

Inebriated
January 14, 2013, 07:46 PM
I don't understand why they couldn't do it in a Gen 4... Get it together, Glock.

coolluke01
January 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
The 30S is just a segway into getting rid of the 30SF. The 30sf in a gen 4 would just be a 30. I think they still have lots of old stock of the 30SF frame and once they are gone the 30s will be in Gen 4 and the 30 SF will just be a 30 again.

There still is one more announcement to come. Maybe the single stack 9? Don't hold your breath...

Lethal Threat
January 14, 2013, 09:33 PM
I said, as I dumped the Diamondback DB9 at the last gunshow, if Glock EVER comes out with one like the DB9, I am a customer. Pre-order even.

Hapworth
January 14, 2013, 11:40 PM
There still is one more announcement to come. Maybe the single stack 9? Don't hold your breath...Still betting the third and final announcement will be expanded Gen4 line.

(Still hoping -- without any real hope -- for a Glock carbine.)

Ehtereon11B
January 15, 2013, 01:24 AM
*Sigh* Looks like Glock missed the boat for something useful for mass production.

coolluke01
January 15, 2013, 01:44 AM
I'm with you on the carbine. I would buy one of those for sure.

riceboy72
January 15, 2013, 02:31 AM
Still betting the third and final announcement will be expanded Gen4 line.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/riceboy72/385262_10151354745226797_339177570_n.jpg

bds
January 15, 2013, 08:53 AM
It would be nice if Glock offered the "perfection" to left handed shooters by releasing models with full ambi slide lock and mag release.

Still a Glock fan ... who loves the M&P! :D

hwmoore
January 15, 2013, 11:56 AM
a 10mm carbine would be nice for deer and hogs I wounder why nobody's thought of that

Skribs
January 15, 2013, 03:54 PM
I like your thinking, BDS. Also, make the slide release something actually usable by one hand from an ordinary human. I can't speak about Glock, but the one on my M&P is spongy, small, and hard to activate.

The funny thing is the Glock that I would want isn't even made by Glock...half Lone Wolf and half Guncrafter Industries. But it would be aftermark parts designed to work with the other half of a Glock.

C0untZer0
January 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
a 10mm carbine would be nice for deer and hogs I wounder why nobody's thought of that

Ruger had 44 magnum carbines for years - basically does the same thing.

R.W.Dale
January 15, 2013, 04:19 PM
Ruger had 44 magnum carbines for years - basically does the same thing.

No it doesn't

You don't get to speak down on the rest of the gun community as a whole from on high in their unenlightened in all things 10mm squalor like you would if you had a 10mm CARBINE

No glock doesn't need to make a 10mm carbine because the rest of us PCC fans don't want 10 fanbois invading that niche too.

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complains about

coolluke01
January 15, 2013, 09:36 PM
LOL the G30 in that picture is a gen 3 not a gen 4!!

oneounceload
January 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
It would be nice if Glock offered the "perfection" to left handed shooters by releasing models with full ambi slide lock and mag release.

For that. think HK P7...... ;)

hogshead
January 15, 2013, 11:22 PM
Maybe a full sized G22 with a 7 round mag for NY. Sorry couldnt help it.

Jaymo
January 15, 2013, 11:27 PM
The Ruger .44 auto carbines do way more than a 10mm carbine can do, for hunting purposes. I like 10mm, but it simply cannot compare to .44 mag as a big game round.

I'd like to see Glock build the Baikal MP412 break open .357 revolver. New, modern, and just enough cheap plastic to keep Gaston happy :D
I'd buy one.
If Glock autos actually fit my hands and were ambidextrous, I'd buy one of them, too.

hwmoore
January 16, 2013, 08:00 AM
I had a ruger 44 carbine with a factory milled sight receiver I lost it in a trade. I was sorely disappointed when ruger didn't upscale their police carbine to 10 mm but try finding one now 10mm is ballistically about the equivalent to the old 41 mag and would not have the feeding problems of a rimed round but looking at the possibly of the new gun ban looks like I'm stick with a mosin

hwmoore
January 16, 2013, 08:27 AM
You don't get to speak down on the rest of the gun community as a whole from on high in their unenlightened in all things 10mm squalor like you would if you had a 10mm CARBINE

No glock doesn't need to make a 10mm carbine because the rest of us PCC fans don't want 10 fanbois invading that niche too. TO R.W. Dale Call me a fanbois again and I'll flick a bugger on you

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Announcement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!