Dillon precision backorders

PDA

Clinton
January 4, 2013, 04:20 PM
Placed an order on sunday for the rl550b and still @1k in que before its processed. Currently 550 are already on backorder. Good that they are producing but hope quality prevails over quantity.

Clinton

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon precision backorders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kingcreek
January 4, 2013, 04:26 PM
Dillon quality has never been an issue. Patience, you won't be disappointed.

Clinton
January 4, 2013, 05:57 PM
Im not disappointed. Just glad they are a great company they are.

Clinton

Scuba_Steve
January 4, 2013, 06:00 PM
I just bought a second one today locally. I had to pay sales tax, but no waiting :)

Kevin Rohrer
January 4, 2013, 10:56 PM
I am guessing that the end-of-the-year is a bad time to buy anything directly from the factory.

Did you try ordering from Brian Enos first?

Clinton
January 5, 2013, 12:32 AM
I didnt know about enos until my order was placed. Also enos is shipping from factory as of now according to his site.

Clinton

rfwobbly
January 5, 2013, 04:54 PM
About 90% of all Dillon presses ship from Dillon. Hardly anyone actually stocks the presses. That's great during normal times, but can make for a bottle neck in the delivery system during times like these.

Hold on, you won't be disappointed.

Consider using this extra time to modify your order. The Dillon ammo boxes are roughly 10 for $10 ($1 each !) and add no perceptible shipping weight to your order.

Clinton
January 5, 2013, 11:06 PM
Went w a calendar instead! ;) saw the fedex notice today wahoo! Im making some oak 1/8 oak box joint containers while I wait.

Clinton

Clinton
January 25, 2013, 01:18 PM
I was satisfied w my reloader. Dillin just sent out an email that backorders are trending @ 6 to 8 weeks. If you order do so over the phone. Just a little hint.....

Clinton

HighExpert
January 29, 2013, 07:54 PM
I called Dillon and was informed they will not take a backorder for magazines because it is still up the air in D.C. They have told me that my orders for dies and supplies should go out the end of February. They also said the shelves are almost bare. They do have a few of the obscure caliber dies left.

boommer
January 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
I just wish it would go back to years you might bump into somebody that reloads and the others said your going to blow yourself up!

slamfirev10
January 29, 2013, 10:25 PM
man, i've been following mag and ammo shortages, now presses too....off to hug my 550b

Hondo 60
January 29, 2013, 10:42 PM
I ordered 2 caliber conversions, a toolhead, a powder die, set of 5 lock rings, an allen wrench set & toolholder and a partridge in a pear tree.

Got an email from Brian Enos, I could be waiting 6-8 weeks to see my order. :(

dsm
January 30, 2013, 12:05 AM
I hear the pain! In the 25 years I have been reloading, I never seen a run on reloading presses and equipment like what is going on now. Components are a given...every 4 years, count on a shortage of something. Glad I'm well stocked on components and all the equipment I need...I just don't like the price of stuff now! 25 lb Bag of lead #8 shot: $40 plus tax!

I've had my eye on a Forster CO-AX press for quite some time. Not that I need another single stage to add to my collection of 4 single stage presses. I wanted one because of the design and worked a shooting buddy's coax. I missed a used one on a shotgun forum and can't seen to locate one. They used to be under $250 a year or so ago. Well now, you can backorder one from midway for $299. No thank you! I was watching one on eBay and it went for $450! Granted it was new, but given this climate, I'm not surprised.

Boy...if I had a few mapuls, I'd be able to work a trade, lol.

floydster
January 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
Wait till all this blows over, we will be in re-loading heaven with all the components and equipment going on the market:)

Smokeyloads

jr_roosa
January 30, 2013, 01:18 PM
I would love one, but if I got a progressive, I would blow through all of my components in about a day.

I only have about 6000 primers on hand and maybe 3000 bullets.

-J.

Clinton
January 30, 2013, 09:08 PM
Only?! I have 50

Clinton

Catpop
January 31, 2013, 02:46 PM
50, 3000 sounds like one at the bottom and one in the middle. I'm still using up 1975 inventory! But switching to 45 acp caught me short on lpp and bullets.

jr_roosa
January 31, 2013, 08:56 PM
Only?! I have 50

Yikes. Come by the house and you can have a few hundred to keep you going!

I remember when I went from buying individual trays of 100 to getting 1000 primer boxes. I thought that was pretty awesome.

After this mess, I'm going to start buying the sierra 500 bullet boxes, 8 pound kegs, and primers by the 10,000. I'm sick of running out of stuff in the middle of a panic. This is the third one I've had to deal with, and I haven't been in the game very long.

-J.

dnite
January 31, 2013, 10:30 PM
Yep, dillon is behind but I had an issue with the Square Deal and emailed custormer service last week, got an email today saying the parts ahd been shipped. About seven days total. My 650 just keeps on ticking.
dk

Clinton
January 31, 2013, 10:35 PM
Yikes. Come by the house and you can have a few hundred to keep you going!

I remember when I went from buying individual trays of 100 to getting 1000 primer boxes. I thought that was pretty awesome.

After this mess, I'm going to start buying the sierra 500 bullet boxes, 8 pound kegs, and primers by the 10,000. I'm sick of running out of stuff in the middle of a panic. This is the third one I've had to deal with, and I haven't been in the game very long.

-J.

Where do I go? :)

Clinton

hAkron
January 31, 2013, 11:08 PM
I ordered a 650XL today. Initially I'm going to dedicate it to 9mm, the slowly migrate all of my small pistol primer stuff over to it and use my Hornady Lock and Load AP for large primer stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon precision backorders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!