Missing Micro Target sight

PDA

Gunsmithy
January 4, 2013, 06:21 PM
I recently purchased an old Colt 1911A1 C model. I got a great deal on the pistol. I saw that it had a big square "Micro" rear sight that was/is broken. I expected to drift it out, yank off the huge front sight, and install a more modern set. Well, whoever did the silver-solder job on the front sight did a grea job - That sucker is there to stay! The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to keep the old girl set-up with the old target sights.

So, I'm now looking for a replacement Micro adjustable rear sight. The square-based one, not the really long one with the huge dovetail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Missing Micro Target sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunsmithy
March 19, 2013, 03:41 PM
If any of you guys have an old Micro, or know where I can get one, I'd appreciate the lead. Thanks.

rcmodel
March 19, 2013, 03:47 PM
Keep an eye on evilbay.

Been four sold so far this year.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Colt%201911%20MICRO%20rear%20sight&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&LH_Complete=1

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "Missing Micro Target sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!