Sig 522 rear takedown pin problems

PDA

Brockak47
January 6, 2013, 04:48 PM
I took the grip off my sig 522 and I guess there's a spring that holds a little pin to keep the larger takedown pin from just falling out. Anyway I didn't know that and lost the spring in my carpet.

Is there a DIY fix to this or an after market spring?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 522 rear takedown pin problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stubbicatt
January 8, 2013, 09:35 AM
I am sure the spring is available elsewhere, but call SIG. They will send you one which you know will work.

I did some work on my trigger a couple weeks ago, and was alerted to the presence of that spring by postings on other internet sites, so I was able to remove it and place it safely in a bowl while I taped off the orifice so that the detente would not fall out and get lost.

If ever you remove the grip on an AR, there is an identical detente/spring under the grip there as well.

Sorry this happened to you.

rcmodel
January 8, 2013, 03:52 PM
Anyway I didn't know that and lost the spring in my carpet.You can get a parts pick-up magnet at a hardware store and find it much easier & faster then you can get a new spring from SIG I betcha.

rc

Brockak47
January 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
I will try a big magnet...

I emailed Sig and they sent me a shipping label and want me to send the rifle in.I really don't want to wait a month or more just over a tiny spring. I have found the detent, just not the spring.

EDIT: I emailed him again and told him and he said he would send a spring out to me instead of me shipping the whole rifle.

stubbicatt
January 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
Yay! Good for you on a tiny spring!~

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig 522 rear takedown pin problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!