Update on Slix-Shot Nipples for ROA??

PDA

J-Bar
January 7, 2013, 10:07 AM
As I recall, feedback from several folks about using Slix-Shot nipples in Uberti and Pietta revolvers was very positive, but I think there were some problems encountered when trying them in the Ruger Old Army...maybe the nipples were a tad too long?

If my memory is correct, does that problem still exist or are Slix-Shot nipples now a good idea in ROAs also?

Thanks for the benefit of your experience.

If you enjoyed reading about "Update on Slix-Shot Nipples for ROA??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AbitNutz
January 7, 2013, 10:50 AM
I have them on mine and they work fine...

Mesquite Lefty
January 23, 2013, 03:53 PM
what lb springs are you using rather than the stock 23 lbs? Just got mine and have put 17 lb wolf springs on. Do I need to check if enough pressure with powder and ball or just cap??

Fingers McGee
January 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
As I recall, feedback from several folks about using Slix-Shot nipples in Uberti and Pietta revolvers was very positive, but I think there were some problems encountered when trying them in the Ruger Old Army...maybe the nipples were a tad too long?

If my memory is correct, does that problem still exist or are Slix-Shot nipples now a good idea in ROAs also?

Thanks for the benefit of your experience.

Doug, as far as I know, they corrected the overlength problem. Call Ol#4 at desperado and ask him.

If you enjoyed reading about "Update on Slix-Shot Nipples for ROA??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!