Membership list

PDA

jcwit
January 7, 2013, 01:01 PM
What happened to the membership list under community?

If you enjoyed reading about "Membership list" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
January 7, 2013, 01:05 PM
Turned off for now. That's one of those features that can really slow down a server, and leaving it off while we tune for our new load levels seems prudent.

Do you use it much?

jcwit
January 7, 2013, 01:13 PM
No I do not use it offten, once in a while, maybe 6 times a year.

I do understand the turn off tho, thanks for the reply.

Derek Zeanah
January 7, 2013, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear it. Lots of vBulletin folks think it's mostly used by PM spammers to build their PM list, and it's apparently the most resource-intensive feature we've got.

It's nice to know that it's used, but not much. I think I've used it about 5 times in the last decade, so it's hard for me to judge.

jcwit
January 7, 2013, 02:58 PM
I was just attempting to see if someone from another forum was also a member as most use the same screen name. I do PM members but don't know what a PM list is.

Best
jcwit

rcmodel
January 7, 2013, 03:37 PM
Whatever you did sure is working today! ;)

Even now with 2,922 people on.

rc

Canuck-IL
January 7, 2013, 09:25 PM
Access was moving along quite nicely for better than an hour ... seemed to come to a screeching halt about 20 minutes ago ... 7:10 CST.

Prior to that it seemed close to "normal" performance before the recent issues hit.

/Bryan

If you enjoyed reading about "Membership list" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!