Replacement for Click & Clack?

PDA

backbencher
January 7, 2013, 11:30 PM
As Click & Clack are set to retire, perhaps it's time for a gunsmith who can diagnose problems from a short description to go on the air.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement for Click & Clack?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sheepdog1968
January 7, 2013, 11:38 PM
As Click & Clack are set to retire, perhaps it's time for a gunsmith who can diagnose problems from a short description to go on the air.
I will miss them as well. With an apple iPhone or tablet or computer you can find many podcasts that focus on firearms.

ApacheCoTodd
January 8, 2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah - sure - That'll happen on NPR.

That aside - what a great idea for a nationwide call in show on something like The Salem Radio Network maybe in off hours.

It could be "Lock and Load"... Give us a call at 1-800-223-3006.

rcmodel
January 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
Diagnose problems from a short description??

What do you think we are doing!!!

It don't get no shorter, or vague then some of the questions we get right here!

rc

MtnCreek
January 8, 2013, 12:02 PM
Gunsmithing from Lake Wobegon ??? Thanks, but I'll pass.

backbencher
January 8, 2013, 10:30 PM
rc, hope you take it as the compliment it was intended as. You'd make a great radio-show gunsmith. Happy New Year.

beag_nut
January 9, 2013, 08:02 PM
I also think rcmodel would be great as an "instant" diagnoser.
HOWEVER, the format takes two partners to jab at each other, in real time, and come up with humorous, somewhat believable solutions to problems. Thus a radio-type format is quite necessary. Anyone want to do the give-&-take with rcmodel? Not that I would presume he wants the "job", anyway. Maybe it's better that he stays here and gives measured, accurate opinions and recommendations, when he wants to.

Crashbox
January 9, 2013, 08:18 PM
It would indeed take two people... hmmm... rcmodel and Hickok45? As the late Dennis Weaver would say, "There ya go."

Arp32
January 9, 2013, 08:19 PM
RC and Old Fuff. That would be worth the pledge drive!

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement for Click & Clack?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!