Downtime Early on Tuesday

PDA

Derek Zeanah
January 7, 2013, 11:33 PM
Big changes required to deal with the increased usage we're seeing. The changes will make THR unavailable, but I'll try and get it all worked out early to inconvenience as few people as possible.

Throughout the day there may be brief 1-2 minute outages as well. I'll minimize it as best I can, but I really want tonight to be the last really slow night for a few years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Downtime Early on Tuesday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
January 7, 2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complains about

788Ham
January 8, 2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate you guys and all you do !

Ragnar Danneskjold
January 8, 2013, 04:53 AM
I'm glad you posted this. I just got some interesting error messages in the past 10 minutes and I thought the site might have been under cyber attack.

GP100man
January 8, 2013, 08:23 AM
Me also , thought it was a virus attack or summtin !!

Thanks for the message !!

Trent
January 8, 2013, 10:05 AM
Just got the THR is Unavailable page a few mins ago... but the blog entry here said everything was back up and running?

http://blog.thehighroad.org/?p=129

blahpony
January 8, 2013, 10:13 AM
I guess I can get some work done during the outages. :D

Derek Zeanah
January 8, 2013, 10:22 AM
Just got the THR is Unavailable page a few mins ago... but the blog entry here said everything was back up and running?
Yeah, I made a change and rebooted the database server.

Sorry. Those might happen intermittently.

Trent
January 8, 2013, 10:24 AM
Wow running spectacularly fast now.

:)

Derek Zeanah
January 8, 2013, 10:39 AM
Don't jinx it. ;)

Things run cleanly, then there's a trigger, and things go sluggish from there.

Working in properly identifying the trigger and mitigating it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Downtime Early on Tuesday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!