Four Sevens Light Survives Wash Cycle

PDA

Tony_the_tiger
January 8, 2013, 04:52 AM
Just wanted to let you know, my wife put a Four Sevens Quark-X Tactical in the wash cycle on hot with all the other clothes including white vinegar and detergent, rinsed it with fabric softener, and banged it around through about 60 minutes of a hot dry cycle.

She opened up the dryer and was surprised to see the whole thing lit-up.

The light came out clean, and still functions 100% with no noticeable damage to the light itself and only minor cosmetic scratches on the aluminum body. This is a testament to solid design and use of multiple o-rings.

Would buy from them again based on this experience. Just to be safe i'll probably replace and re-lube the o-rings with silicone gel and go from there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Four Sevens Light Survives Wash Cycle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirtengineer
January 8, 2013, 07:57 AM
My preon 1 has made it through more than once. Even stayed clipped in my pocket.

Nasty
January 8, 2013, 02:49 PM
lol...I thought I was the only one to have put hsi Quark thru the washer.

I *do* feel a little bit less stupid now!

ps: Mine came out unfazed too.

Deltaboy
January 18, 2013, 08:36 AM
Over the years I have washed flashlights and pocket knives. So far no harm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Four Sevens Light Survives Wash Cycle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!