Taurus 24/7 rifling?

PDA

Keeperfaith
January 8, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hello,
I recently loaded some lead bullets in 40 S&W. I was planning on using them in my Taurus 24/7 (not the Glock, because of the polygonal rifling).

However I'm not 100% sure what rifling the Taurus 24/7 has...

Can anyone tell me if it has traditional rifling thats "safe" for lead bullets?

Thanks

Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 24/7 rifling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
January 8, 2013, 02:45 PM
I don't know.

But if you have one?
Look through the barrel and see if has conventional lands & groves?
Or polygon rifling you can hardly see like your Glock?

Duplicate thread in Handloading:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8631886#post8631886

rc

Ifishsum
January 8, 2013, 04:41 PM
My Taurus Millennium Pro (2nd gen) has traditional rifling - the 24/7 is pretty much the same platform AFAIK - so unless something has changed recently it should be traditional lands and grooves.

x_wrench
January 10, 2013, 08:35 AM
i have a gen 1 24/7 in 40 S&W. it has traditional rifling, and i shoot hoards of lead thru it, with zero problems. just make sure the bullet is .001 or .002" LARGER than the bore size, lubed, and within pressure (loading specs) and you should be fine. one word of advice, if you are going to load HOT , i would suggest you do that with jacketed rounds. a few, as long as everything is right will not hurt anything. but if you shoot very many of them in a row (10 +), i have always had leading issues. that might not be the case with a good bullet lube. but i am stuck with liquid alox for now, so i keep them fairly mild.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 24/7 rifling?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!