Question for users of the LnL AP and a bullet feeder die

PDA

SC_Dave
January 8, 2013, 05:15 PM
As the the shell plate rotates how do you keep the bullet from toppling off before it goes into the seat/crimp die?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for users of the LnL AP and a bullet feeder die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tightgroup tiger
January 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
You need to bring your expander die down far enough that you can just get a bullet to stick in one of your shorter cases. That should get you pretty much in the range to getting all your bullets to stick in the case.

SC_Dave
January 8, 2013, 07:57 PM
OK, I'm using a powder through expander so I'll adjust for a little more flare until I get it to stay. I thought that was the answer but I wanted to be sure.
David

Crunchy Frog
January 8, 2013, 11:39 PM
Wait until the press indexes (the little click) before you set the bullet into the case mouth. If you put the bullet in the case before you pull the handle, the bullet will be thrown out or at least get cockeyed when the little ball bearings under the shellplate click into place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for users of the LnL AP and a bullet feeder die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!