WHich has clearer and brighter glass, Nikon vs Burris

PDA

nathan
January 8, 2013, 05:57 PM
The Burris Fullfield ll vs Nikon Prostaff , both in 3 x 9 x40 ?

If you enjoyed reading about "WHich has clearer and brighter glass, Nikon vs Burris" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
adelbridge
January 8, 2013, 06:27 PM
There isnt going to be much perceivable in optics quality. Sometimes a specific reticle will hold focus better depending on your eyesight. Try them both out side by side in a store. I ran a Nikon Prostaff/Buckmaster/Monarch inside Bass Pro and couldnt really tell any major difference in quality at 3-9X
Running a scope outside at last light is my acid test.

jmr40
January 8, 2013, 06:38 PM
I've been impressed with the Nikon Monarchs's and the Buckmaster ain't bad. The Prostaff's I've owned are useable, but you can do better. In that price range the Burris, Leupold VX-1, and Redfield Revolution, and Vortex Diamondback are the best deals. The Vortex might be the brightest, but it has a very limited eye relief. If it were me, it would be between the Burris and Leupold. I like the long range reticle a lot, it is not extra $ on Burris, where it will cost a bit more on Leupold. That does make the Burris a little more attractive price wise.

nathan
January 8, 2013, 06:52 PM
I plan to mount on a Savage 93R17GB in 17HMR . The price is good right now at Buds, besides the .17HMR will be great for small game and is suppose to be very accurate.

Drail
January 8, 2013, 07:50 PM
In my experience the difference in low light levels will always go to the Nikons. It's subtle and it will cost you more but it's there.

If you enjoyed reading about "WHich has clearer and brighter glass, Nikon vs Burris" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!