Ruger MKII reflex sight

PDA

kbbailey
January 8, 2013, 09:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a reflex sight like this for my 5.5" MKII??

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/15609/filename/IMG_03322.JPG

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII reflex sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tuj
January 9, 2013, 07:28 AM
yes, that is a Burris Fastfire II or III (not sure which one exactly).

wally
January 9, 2013, 10:13 PM
Natchez Shooter's Supply, Brownell's and Midway all sell them, among others.

IMHO its well worth getting the new III model as with the older I and II you need to remove the sight from the mount to change battery. The III uses a different battery you can change from the top.

The mounts for I, II, & III are all the same, the photo shows the mount that replaces the rear sight, which gets it lower, but you may need the Weaver mount base if your MK II has adjustable sights unless the dovetails are the same for both rear sight options.

Its a nice setup, I've had one on my RIA 1911 for a long time and its held up for many 1000s of rounds.

kbbailey
January 10, 2013, 08:16 AM
thanks for the replies,
I put a red-dot on son #3's Henry .22. WOW!! I'm sold.
You may already know, if not ,you will find out......focusing your eyes on target/front sight/back sight/target with bifocals.....plus the MKII sights are too chunky anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII reflex sight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!