Joshua Boston on Piers Morgan Tonight

PDA

SpazC
January 8, 2013, 09:32 PM
The Marine that sent the well publicized letter to Feinstein was just on Piers Morgan's show.

FINALLY a calm, competent spokesman for our side.

He held his tongue, didnt yell, and left very little room for Piers to take shots at him.

Im sure clips will be online soon if you didnt see it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Joshua Boston on Piers Morgan Tonight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carter
January 8, 2013, 09:37 PM
Did he resort to personal insults again when he knew he had no logical come back?

TennJed
January 8, 2013, 09:38 PM
I was impressed

taliv
January 8, 2013, 09:42 PM
any youtube available?

SpazC
January 8, 2013, 09:47 PM
No insults, just logic. One of his key points was the public's lack of education on the whole issue and the actual weapons in particular.

I'll search on youtube as I dont have a DVR to pull it from.

berettaprofessor
January 8, 2013, 09:55 PM
Saw it. Young and calm. He's no Alan Gottlieb, but he'll get better with time. Good points, could have been delivered better but not bad for his first time. I kept hoping I'd hear the "number of people injured in mass shooting incidents by the time police respond Vs. number injured when a CCW is present" statistic.

gunNoob
January 8, 2013, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pORTzF_qu2w

CTGunner
January 8, 2013, 10:07 PM
Well done.

StrikerPaws
January 8, 2013, 10:52 PM
I can't seem to find the full segment on Youtube as of yet, only a clip of it.

I did find this article which seems to have the complete video at the bottom.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/piers-morgan-confronts-former-marine-where-do-more-guns-lead-us-other-than-utter-wild-west-hell/

pwhfirefighter
January 8, 2013, 11:06 PM
I thought Josh Boston did an excellent job. He gave common sense answers and represented law abiding gun owners well. The only thing Piers Morgan could say to his answers was the he(Piers) just did not think civilians should own ARs. Piers had nothing but his opinion about civilian ownership of ARs without any facts or common sense, an opinion to me that is very skewed to begin with coming from Britain.

So I say, good job Marine.

Just my thoughts

gunnutery
January 8, 2013, 11:24 PM
Boston did a great job, but as a typical anti, Morgan wasn't listening. Hopefully anyone on the fence watching at home will have listened a little more.

Perhaps Morgan's problem is that this isn't his country. I mean to say that, what does he care about it's outcome? He has no part in shaping or reshaping how the country ends up. If things get scary he can always go home. Boston however, plans to raise his family here and hand down the tools to defend the country, because he cares about it's outcome.

Carter
January 8, 2013, 11:31 PM
Wow, he did very well. I think he actually improved from his earlier spot on CNN. Morgan actually remained calm as well, so that was a pleasant change. Boston countered every argument with a logical response and did his best to cover all the relevant points he could in an 8 minute segment. He got a lot more respect that John Lott or Pratt got from earlier shows.

Well done sir.

Hopefully he'll get some more air time and cover even more points that we all wish would get more media exposure.

lobo9er
January 8, 2013, 11:35 PM
Watched the 1st video good stuff I am holding out to see the full video of him on piers. Unfortunately all this is giving piers ratings. I would be willing to bet a dollar that the majority of his audience of late have been pro gun/pro constitution watching because of the guest he has on or just hear what the opposing side is saying.

Grmlin
January 8, 2013, 11:40 PM
Mr. Boston did a great job. I also wonder why Morgan wasn't insulting to him like other Pro 2A representatives, I guess he was made to understand that being rude, argumentative, and disrespectful to a former service member would have unleashed the hounds from hell on all sides. He was almost tolerable that time. Mr. Boston thank you for your service brother and a job well done speaking up for all our rights.

DammitBoy
January 8, 2013, 11:43 PM
Very well done! That does so much more for our side than anything that loon Alex Jones tries to do.

LubeckTech
January 8, 2013, 11:43 PM
I think Jouhua did a good of handing Morgan's head to him.
Morgan's idea of getting an inarticulate rube backfired on him.

gunNoob
January 8, 2013, 11:45 PM
found it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwfRgiw-qc

taliv
January 8, 2013, 11:48 PM
imagine if everyone spoke out and said they weren't going to turn their guns in

gunNoob
January 8, 2013, 11:49 PM
^ they can't throw us all in jail

Ignition Override
January 8, 2013, 11:51 PM
Mr. Boston's calm, detached responses to Piers' attempts to twist Boston's facts into a different context was not easy. He was prepared and was excellent, being able to point out Pier's intentional distortions of his statements.

On the other hand, who was the Other guy (from Texas) who sat opposite Piers last night (Monday), and became loud, gradually more emotional and defensive? I could not believe that this guy thought that he was helping the rational pro-gun movement.

That (other) guy presented some excellent information, was able to point out increases in the UK's violent crime rate as a result of gun confiscation years ago plus many other paradoxes unknown to the general US public, but his very loud style and threatening gestures appeared to be a major liability, and might have been exactly what Piers wanted.

This was followed by two guys in the extended Kennedy family who found it easy to criticize his abrasive, defensive style.
If the pro-gun guy (who claimed that two of his ancestors fought at the Alamo) has somehow remained detached and calm, his information might have made him an excellent pro-gun spokesman.

lobo9er
January 8, 2013, 11:54 PM
He did good, could tell he was nervous.
Piers reminds me of what Sigmund freud said about fear of weapons.

DammitBoy
January 8, 2013, 11:56 PM
Morgan actually remained calm as well, so that was a pleasant change.

That was no accident. He had to be respectful of Mr. Boston's service and calm demeanor.

kwguy
January 8, 2013, 11:57 PM
^^^ LOL, that Freud thing was funny! It's true!

Mr. Boston DID do a great job. One thing that I've noted during these discussions with anti's, is that there there are no real "gun geeks" involved. What I mean is that when McCrystal describes the "destructiveness" of the .223 round, or when Morgan decries the need for a civilian to have such a "powerful" weapon, those statements are silly, and easily countered. "A .223 round moving at 3000 fps?" Wow. Ok. I mean, it's not BAD, but...compared to what? A pistol?

You know what I mean. Any self respecting hunting round is much more "destructive" (subjective term) than the .223/5.56, which itself is just "adequate to the job", and more suited to smaller game. Heck, if that round is the death ray they purport it to be, then what would be acceptable as a rifle round? Nerf bullets? Many people now believe that the .223 is the only round available in these weapons. They don't understand the scope of configurations available, and fail to realize that hunting is not the only firearm sport, and that even for hunting, that weapon is one of the best platforms out there, available in almost any caliber.

Mr. Boston DID counter Morgan's statement about "killing large amounts of people at close range" with the fact the M16 / M4 family of rifle did indeed have medium range accuracy as its "forte". I'm quite sure that Mr. Boston has his own base of "gun geek" knowledge.

It's like wanting to ban 4 cylinder red cars because they look too fast, but that station wagon with a big motor and crappy brakes is ok.

I wish we could get those kinds of facts out. There is a LOT of ignorance out there, as I've seen from comments posted on various articles, and that doesn't help our cause. Even McCrystal is either deliberately misleading, or just plain ignorant.

Like Mr. Boston said, education is paramount. Our "community" is filled with firearms geeks of every kind, as we well know. I mean, look at the discussions in the community, ballistics, reloading, different sporting events, etc. I guess I'm just saying that, like Mr. Boston, who tried to educate Mr. Morgan on some points, we should, when we can, do the same when the opportunities arise.

lobo9er
January 9, 2013, 12:06 AM
No kidding, I know some hunt deer with 223, but not many. They have no idea they are talking about a varmint round.

2ifbyC
January 9, 2013, 12:06 AM
I was thoroughly impressed with the calm, collected, and cogent reasoning given by Joshua to the preordained questions posed by Morgan.

As a Marine, the mettle of the man shined brightly. He did the USMC and those of us that truly believe in the Constitution proud.

SpazC
January 9, 2013, 10:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDxpbQZqzo

Here's a link to the full, unedited segment.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 9, 2013, 10:56 AM
I thought he actually did good against Piers. For once when Piers says" I just think you should be able to defend your house with a pistol", I want someone to offer the rifle deaths versus the pistol deaths in this country. I would almost be afraid that he would start on banning all pistols too. I only watched the clip of Joshua, watching the complete show would be like pulling teeth...

MErl
January 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
I think we would want him to start ranting against handguns. He does that and he looks more like a loon. Alot more handgun owners than AR owners out there.

berettaprofessor
January 9, 2013, 01:26 PM
I mean to say that, what does he care about it's outcome? He has no part in shaping or reshaping how the country ends up.

I believe he makes some offhand comment in the segment about "his children being raised and going to school here."....something like that.

If that's the case, looking at Mr. Morgan's nee Meara's educational background, I wonder if his children are really in public schools? Or are they being educated at elite private schools from Day 1, as Mr. Morgan was?

c4v3man
January 9, 2013, 02:33 PM
With the enormous pressures on him to not simply represent himself, but also to represent common-sense gun owners in America, Boston did an excellent job. If anything, he was better on Pierce's show than on the earlier CNN clip. Bringing up CCW's preventing mass murders is an excellent point, and it's not difficult to name 2 or more cases CCW's prevent a mass murder to every media-crazy mass murder that is portrayed on TV.

The only think I would like for him to add to his selection of points (which would have been especially helpful during Pierce's interview) would be the vast difference between crimes committed with handguns vs long guns. If anything, Pierce should be against handguns since they are used in the majority of crimes.

sidheshooter
January 9, 2013, 03:26 PM
Just watched the Piers clip. Mr. Boston is exactly the type of spokesperson that we needed to come to the forefront. He is obviously very current on firearms events, issues and facts, and he presents those facts with poise and quiet force. We will be seeing more of this guy, and that is most likely a great thing.

One word: Excellent.

We should let any friendly media outlets (even smaller local ones) know that Boston would be a good guest.

lobo9er
January 9, 2013, 04:23 PM
I would disagree that he was excellent. He was good, and came off as someone who I like. But if wants to be a spokes person (not that he wants that, I dont know) he needs to loosen up a bit he was clearly nervous. I'm not tearing him up just constructive criticism. Theres alot of facts I wish he threw at piers in addition to the ones he did. The nervousness will go away I would imagine after a few more interviews.

Ignition Override
January 9, 2013, 04:58 PM
lobo9er:
Maybe Mr. Boston's performance was not what we could call excellent, but if you had seen that Other guy's very unfortunate emotional presentation Monday night, Mr. Boston was so much better, and much more rational.

mavracer
January 9, 2013, 05:31 PM
He did an exellent job.

76shuvlinoff
January 9, 2013, 05:39 PM
video was removed from YouTube?

TennJed
January 9, 2013, 05:47 PM
I thought he actually did good against Piers. For once when Piers says" I just think you should be able to defend your house with a pistol", I want someone to offer the rifle deaths versus the pistol deaths in this country. I would almost be afraid that he would start on banning all pistols too. I only watched the clip of Joshua, watching the complete show would be like pulling teeth...
I liked that part also. Piers was actually at a loss of words for a moment when e stated that if there had been multiple attackers the woman would have been in trouble. Piers had no real answer when faced with the reality that more rounds are sometimes needed. He quickly ended the interview after that

Ryanxia
January 9, 2013, 05:58 PM
Videos removed. :(

CookeMonster
January 9, 2013, 06:09 PM
Videos removed. :(
By the website running an anti-gun ad featuring children every other video you watch? Amazing!

StrikerPaws
January 9, 2013, 06:23 PM
My link in post #9 still has the full segment below the article.

TexasBill
January 9, 2013, 07:23 PM
Can we appoint Mr. Boston as our spokesman? He comes without all of Wayne LaPierre's baggage and he has a grasp of facts.

fxstchewy
January 9, 2013, 08:03 PM
He did very well, i was impressed.

lobo9er
January 9, 2013, 08:08 PM
If he keeps on doing interviews and talking in public he will get better each time no doubt. In my opinion I think mr bostons letter was better than what the NRA took a week to come up with in response to sandy hook. Blaming mortal combat and movies.

CTGunner
January 9, 2013, 08:15 PM
I hope he stays out front.

Cosmoline
January 9, 2013, 08:19 PM
He has no part in shaping or reshaping how the country ends up.

Some of the most vocal gun control advocates are from overseas, and oddly they DO feel they have a right and responsibility to force our country to be more like their own. It's a truly bizarre attitude, but I've run into it many many times over the years. Ironically these same folks will immediately want to go shooting when they come visit! Seriously, I had an anti-gun visitor from Australia who was very excited to shoot my AR's. I gave him one bullet at a time--I was taking no chances. But as it turned out he did pretty good. He's still strongly anti gun of course. It's been hard wired into them for generations over there and in the UK.

61Woody
January 9, 2013, 08:31 PM
Here is the link I just used to watch the interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TEBy6KPjVw

DammitBoy
January 9, 2013, 10:30 PM
Joshua Boston should be the voice of the NRA

RockyMtnTactical
January 10, 2013, 01:17 AM
This guy, Mr Boston is my new hero. Bravo sir! He is smart, well spoken, and knows his stuff.

chris in va
January 10, 2013, 01:53 AM
I'll play devil's advocate. Briefly.

The "powerful" comment about the AR platform is not the actual cartridge, but the capacity. IE, 10 rounds of 223 arent as 'high powered' as 30 rounds on board. I think that is where the description comes into play.

wacki
January 10, 2013, 02:01 AM
He's no Alan Gottlieb, but he'll get better with time. Good points, could have been delivered better but not bad for his first time. I kept hoping I'd hear the "number of people injured in mass shooting incidents by the time police respond Vs. number injured when a CCW is present" statistic.

What stat is that? Source please.

Diamondback6
January 10, 2013, 02:08 AM
Personal to Joshua Boston: Semper Fi, Marine! OOHRAH! *snaps to crisp salute*

bds
January 10, 2013, 03:19 AM
I love his words, "Unconstitutional laws are not laws"

I need a bumper sticker with those words!

Cosmoline
January 10, 2013, 03:57 AM
Remember that Piers Morgan is just an anagram for ROMPING A___E, using the Queen's spelling of that second word of course.

DammitBoy
January 10, 2013, 11:14 AM
Another voice of reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jspJfjB7raI&sns=fb

Very well spoken

Sgt.Murtaugh
January 10, 2013, 11:58 AM
he did fine but personally I don't think the public cares about whether or not someone can pass down an AR15 to their kids. It's simply not that important.

holdencm9
January 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
he did fine but personally I don't think the public cares about whether or not someone can pass down an AR15 to their kids. It's simply not that important.

It's not about passing it down, it is that it becomes a defacto disarmament. It just takes one generation to do so.

Funny that even Piers says he understands the need for self-defense but thinks it can be done with a handgun or a pistol. Does he not know that the Feinstein bill includes semi-automatic pistols?

I think if Boston were to get more time in the press he'd get even more eloquent and develop his arguments better. Glad at least one pro-gun non-nutjob was on Piers' propaganda machine though.

TX1911fan
January 10, 2013, 12:54 PM
He was good! Didn't get upset or frustrated. I think he was fantastic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Joshua Boston on Piers Morgan Tonight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!