Wal mart feeback link

PDA

vamo
January 9, 2013, 07:32 PM
So some people seem to be a bit upset about wal mart meeting with Biden today. As of the time I am writing this post they have said nothing publicly about their support on any restrictions. I see this as no different than writing a congresscritter; walmart wields considerable influence let them know you wouldn't be very happy customer if they were to support new restrictions.

https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us/store-corporate-feedback

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal mart feeback link" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
January 9, 2013, 08:03 PM
We need to be very polite and respectful at this point since WalMart has been pressured into "sending an appropriate representative (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/01/09/wal-mart-to-attend-meeting-on-gun-violence/)" to the meeting Biden is holding with others (such as the NRA (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/0109/NRA-coming-to-White-House-Will-there-be-fireworks))and that WalMart said their leadership was too busy to attend.

We want WalMart's representative to go in there armed with the certain knowledge that the sales they saw of everything AR in their stores is a tangible indication of how their customers think and feel about America's Rifle in the parts of the country where they are welcome. They won't see a lot of losses from the sale of ARs if they decide they can do without that business, but they will see significant losses in the rest of their departments as the families who fully support RKBA spend their money, even temporarily, with their competition who were not involved in the stripping customers of their 2A rights over an isolated incident in a town that didn't even have a WalMart, that the firearms weren't bought at Walmart, that the ammunition wasn't bought at WalMart and that the magazines weren't bought at WalMart.

"Please keep in mind that the nightmare visited on the children and staff of Sandy Hook is an isolated catastrophe having nothing to do with the 300 million Americans in communities across the U.S. that are not criminally insane. WalMart's decision to begin carrying America's Rifle in their hunting departments was met with great support as it is a versatile and reliable firearm that permits every member of the family to learn firearms safety, participate in competition and use for hunting squirrels to deer in calibers from .22 to .223 and 6.8mm. Further, the misuse of any product WalMart might sell by a criminally insane person does not mean that we should tolerate elements in the government treating all of your customers as if they were criminally insane as well. Falling violent crime rates over the past decade reported by the FBI's Uniform Crime Report and growing AR sales at WalMart prove that the increased sales of America's Rifle have done nothing to cause crime to go up. Please consider the value to your customers and all Americans as you listen to the misguided arguments to limit the right of Americans and your right to sell the most popular firearms in history."

vamo
January 9, 2013, 08:11 PM
Agreed hso I guess I kind of assume everyone will be as level headed as I am when writing in to this sort of thing so my apologies for missing that in my original post. I simply let them know that I shop at walmart a lot, and if they support restrictions I won't shop at walmart so much. I was a bit more diplomatic and long winded than that though.

Yoda
January 9, 2013, 08:13 PM
Here's what I wrote to them:
Regarding your decision to meet with the President on "gun safety:" Please keep in mind that you can make him happy or you can keep me happy. Guess which one of us does more shopping in your stores?

Here's a link where you can leave your own note to Walmart Corporation:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us/store-corporate-feedback#2

Tell your friends to send their own notes to them.

- - - Yoda

JVaughn
January 9, 2013, 08:23 PM
I wrote my letter, basically thanked them for the continued and non interrupted service and asked them to stand up for us. Hope they stay strong, they reach a large audience.

wbrown609
January 9, 2013, 08:41 PM
Does Wal Mart need to be reminded of Kmart's fate after their experience with Rosie.

Trent
January 9, 2013, 08:47 PM
I don't understand how our Government can turn to WalMart for help with gun politics.

That's like me going to the local Casey's gas station to ask for help with major auto repairs. Sure, they sell oil, and stuff, but they aren't gonna be qualified to help you change a transmission.

Lupine411
January 9, 2013, 09:46 PM
Only reason I ever shop at Wal-Mart is for ammo. Period.

Teachu2
January 9, 2013, 10:16 PM
"I am a long-time customer of WalMart, both in store and online. I am asking you to support my 2nd Ammendment rights in return. Allowing the erosion of the right to keep and bear arms is as repulsive to me as unions are to your company.
Should WalMart choose to support new restrictions on firearms and/or ammunition, I will respect your right to do so. I will, however, excersise my right to spend my money elsewhere."

sonick808
January 9, 2013, 10:44 PM
I just wrote them as well.

Been doing a lot of composing and writing lately....

Lucifer_Sam
January 9, 2013, 11:04 PM
You might gently remind them that they type of people who buy guns are usually the type that are more likely to frequent their stores, also. The left have been pretty vocal in their dislike of Walmart, to the point where they've been banned from NYC. In other words, they have alot more to lose by offending the gun public than the anti gunners, who are more likely the type who "oppose" walmart. In other, other words, they don't owe the left anything, they've never been a friend to Walmart in the first place.

But I agree, the Walmart move is just strange. Maybe signs of desperation-looking for help anywhere they can hope to get it? Maybe trying to cut a back door deal with (or threatening) them so Walmart will stop carrying firearms and they can claim a victory?

gym
January 9, 2013, 11:30 PM
Please continue to support the 2nd amendment by selling guns and ammo, at fair prices. You are the largest employer in the country, what you do is looked at by billions of people all over the world.
In keeping with the Doctrines and laws of the Republic, many will view what you do in this critical time , with great importance.
Please continue to support the American working man that made your company the Successful business that it is today, sincerely,
George xxxx

vamo
January 9, 2013, 11:33 PM
But I agree, the Walmart move is just strange. Maybe signs of desperation-looking for help anywhere they can hope to get it? Maybe trying to cut a back door deal with (or threatening) them so Walmart will stop carrying firearms and they can claim a victory?

What I read when it was first announced a few days ago the admin was going to spin that closing the "gun show loophole" would be beneficial to retailers such as walmart because there would no long be a legal private market for guns. I thought about posting links to basspro, cabelas, Dick's, etc, but figured if walmart isn't onboard then the rest wouldn't dare support more restrictions. I think as long as we're vocal the walmart execs will see that they're just better off sitting this one out.

wriggly
January 9, 2013, 11:44 PM
From an ex Walmart insider....they don't give a rats derrier about you, me, or any other Americans. They only care about their bottom line.

The only reason they brought back guns to Walmart stores in a lot of areas, is because after they stopped carrying them the last time folks spoke up with their wallets, and Walmarts bottom line suffered. Let me tell you, if Washington gives them enough of a subsidy to stop selling guns, they would do it in a NY Cuomo minute.

mf-dif
January 9, 2013, 11:58 PM
Wrote them...told them i'd take all my business elsewhere.

vamo
January 10, 2013, 12:04 AM
Don't disagree with that statement wriggly. Walmart will do whatever they believe will get us to buy the most stuff, that is generally not accomplished by angering a large portion of your customer base. I see the fact that they had to be prodded into attending this meeting as a good sign that they intend to stay neutral which is good enough for me. But that can change if they get far more anti feedback than pro.

Old Fuff
January 10, 2013, 12:10 AM
It would I think, be a good idea to hold off writing WalMart until we learn what actually happened at this meeting. Then if indeed they did join forces with Biden cut loose and let them have it.

But not before.

vamo
January 10, 2013, 12:10 AM
edit:sorry for spam internet's actin screwy.

vamo
January 10, 2013, 12:12 AM
edit:sorry for spam internet's actin screwy.

Red Sky
January 10, 2013, 03:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Walmart stands to lose FAR more from supporting either side in a national debate like this in lost sales out of anger than they would gain from the side they supported. It's almost always best for business to avoid taking sides, but to make sure they do at least that if not take ours writing them can only help. Working on my letter to them now.

wow6599
January 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
The irony is, Wal-Mart is the enemy of all unions. Without union support, Obama never gets elected. Does Wal-Mart really want to alienate both sides?

d-dogg
January 10, 2013, 10:26 AM
My correspondence with Walmart.

Thank you for your message.

Dear X,

Thank you for your inquiry. There are a lot of views on this topic and the country is about to engage in a national conversation about the sale and regulation of certain firearms.

In areas of the country where we sell firearms, we have a long standing commitment to do so safely and responsibly. Over the years we’ve tried very hard to find the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly.

We will be paying attention to this important conversation like everyone else in America. We hope Congress and the Administration will reach a consensus on the right path forward in this area.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

aka108
January 10, 2013, 10:33 AM
WalMart is the nations largest retail seller of firearms. The company will protect it's interest is this part of their business.

Old Fuff
January 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
Frankly, no one knows what WalMart's position is at this point, but it seems reasonable to presume they will look after their own best interests. There is nothing to be gained by jumping in too soon.

The National Rifle Association doesn't want new gun laws. And Wal-Mart sells a lot of guns, and has a lot of gun owners for customers, so the retail giant doesn't want to look too close to the White House's anti-gun push either, one source familiar with the company's stance said.

"Gun sales are going through the roof after the shooting. It's one of the fastest-selling items right now," the source said. Wal-Mart wants to be helpful to the White House, but "when it contradicts sales, that's where it stops."

http://www.nj.com/us-politics/index.ssf/2013/01/expectations_low_for_biden_nra.html

paramedic70002
January 10, 2013, 12:30 PM
They care about customers' opinions ($$$). I left the logical arguments to others. My comment to them was short and sweet:

"No compromise on gun rights."

T-Bolt
January 11, 2013, 11:46 AM
Here's mine:

I'd like to express my appreciation to Wal-Mart for participating in the recent discussion where your representative had opportunity to participate with Vice President Biden on gun violence. I venture to say we spend nearly $1000/mo at our local Wal-Mart and do so because it is a store that provides us one-stop shopping for nearly everything we need. I have even had temporary employment with Wal-Mart.

I am also a strong supporter of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. I am an avid fisherman, hunter, and shooter as is my son. I hope that in any discussions you had, or may have opportunity to have, you will acknowldege and recognize that law abiding citizens are not the problem. Wal-mart and its policies are not the problem. As long as you continue to support us - the law abiding - you can count on our patronage.

While I am sure no one wants any association with the tragic events that took place just weeks ago in Connecticut, I also believe that anyone associated with the mother that saved herself and her kids outside of Atlanta just days ago might take solice that another tragedy was avoided.

There are thousands upon thousands following these events and the postion Wal-Mart will take in the future of which I am one. Your loyalty toward us will determine our loyalty to you.

I have enjoyed shopping at Wal-Mart and hope to continue to do so.

Kindest regards

r1derbike
January 12, 2013, 03:27 PM
I worked for this company for over 18 years. They will do whatever makes Biden's minions happy. They will not fight for Americans' rights to own a gun that our ignorant lawmakers have deemed poison, or anything else that is banned by Biden's committee. They will agree to instantly send gun buyers' information to the ATF, or any other agency electronically, to track every purchase. I'm going to go out on a limb, and say they will do this retroactively as well, if directed to do so. It's going-down, folks. Ammo purchases may have restrictions placed on them as well. Whatever laws are passed, Walmart will adhere to them, and they will sell your soul to the devil.

Anyone heard of the old adage, "say one thing, do another"?

They don't care about ANYTHING, but their bottom line, and how they appear to the outside world, no matter how much that costs them.

They discontinued so many items in their stores a number of years ago, that the backlash was monetarily damaging.

They slowly started to bring back discontinued items to get traffic in their stores again, and they revamped their sporting goods department to get men back in the stores again as well.

Don't think for a moment they care about our rights, under the Constitution. They buy a bean, sell a bean. If they can't buy a bean, they can't sell it.

As far as unions; if any of their stores vote-in unions, they close the entire store.

5 Screw Smith
January 12, 2013, 04:12 PM
Biden's meeting with representatives of WalMart and the NRA, to name a few, was a dog and pony show. The Obama administration, as acknowledged by Mr. VP himself, had already made a decision about what they want to do about firearms and accessories, and they have every intention of getting their way, most likely through executive privilege. The US Constitution is just a piece of old paper to be tossed aside as far as they are concerned.

vamo
January 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
I worked for this company for over 18 years. They will do whatever makes Biden's minions happy. They will not fight for Americans' rights to own a gun that our ignorant lawmakers have deemed poison, or anything else that is banned by Biden's committee. They will agree to instantly send gun buyers' information to the ATF, or any other agency electronically, to track every purchase. I'm going to go out on a limb, and say they will do this retroactively as well, if directed to do so. It's going-down, folks. Ammo purchases may have restrictions placed on them as well. Whatever laws are passed, Walmart will adhere to them, and they will sell your soul to the devil.

Anyone heard of the old adage, "say one thing, do another"?

They don't care about ANYTHING, but their bottom line, and how they appear to the outside world, no matter how much that costs them.

They discontinued so many items in their stores a number of years ago, that the backlash was monetarily damaging.

They slowly started to bring back discontinued items to get traffic in their stores again, and they revamped their sporting goods department to get men back in the stores again as well.

Don't think for a moment they care about our rights, under the Constitution. They buy a bean, sell a bean. If they can't buy a bean, they can't sell it.

As far as unions; if any of their stores vote-in unions, they close the entire store.

Walmart cares about making money if it becomes apparent that taking a position will lose them customers they might be willing to just stay silent on the issue. I'm not expecting them to join forces with the NRA to defend gun's rights I doubt that would ever happen in the current political climate. If enough concerned gun owners write them though I would fully expect them to not state an opinion.

KTXdm9
January 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
Did my part. Hopefully they realize supporting gun control would be a horrible business decision.

Trent
January 13, 2013, 12:34 PM
WalMart will be as moderate as they can be.

They're not going to risk losing 40% of their revenue from gun owners by taking a hard-line anti-gun stance, or 60% of their revenue from non-gun owners by taking a hard-line pro-gun stance. Either way is a "lose" for them.

They'll float down the path of least offense to the consumer.

Whatever allows them to continue selling cheap mainstream Chinese goods and generating profit.

wriggly
January 14, 2013, 11:07 AM
They're not going to risk losing 40% of their revenue from gun owners by taking a hard-line anti-gun stance,

Respectfully....just where did you source that little tidbit? I take no issue with anything else you have said, but 40 percent is waaay off. Trust me, Gun sales and accessories have been the weakest dept for years. That was the reason they stopped selling guns before. Gun owners are notorious at running in to get their gun or ammo, and right back out the door.

I ran a sporting goods dept at two different Walmarts, and the average total gun and ammo sales were right about $700 to $1000 a day. That has little effect on the bottom line at a store that does a million$ a week.

As for implying you wont shop there anymore if they fail to support us. They know the wife will still come while we are at home.

Trent
January 14, 2013, 11:15 AM
40% is the latest figure I heard thrown out by the major news media.

As I understand it other polls show different figures, but I intentionally used the figures that the Biden commission is going to be throwing at WalMart.

As far as the wife comment, all too true. I've avoided shopping at WalMart for over 10 years now unless, by necessity, I had to (out of town, where I don't know the local shops, etc). My wife, not so much.

DCoke
January 14, 2013, 04:32 PM
Be very wary about who carries what power with regard to WalMart. The Oblama administration wants them to fall into line with their views and WalMart wants to avoid the Oblamacare taxes etc. It's all politics and political and they're making decisions that they say are based on their "bottom line" (with regard to halting ammo orders), when it could actually be more along the lines of you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

30 cal slob
January 14, 2013, 04:36 PM
Folks, for what it's worth, I just spoke with Walmart corporate management today.

I was told it's business as usual - they continue to sell guns and ammo, and in the forseeable future.

You can look up WMT's investor relations or public relations website.

r1derbike
January 16, 2013, 11:58 PM
Respectfully....just where did you source that little tidbit? I take no issue with anything else you have said, but 40 percent is waaay off. Trust me, Gun sales and accessories have been the weakest dept for years. That was the reason they stopped selling guns before. Gun owners are notorious at running in to get their gun or ammo, and right back out the door.

I ran a sporting goods dept at two different Walmarts, and the average total gun and ammo sales were right about $700 to $1000 a day. That has little effect on the bottom line at a store that does a million$ a week.

As for implying you wont shop there anymore if they fail to support us. They know the wife will still come while we are at home.
Absolutely! WM targets women, as they spend way more of a family budget than men. Walk-in most any remodeled WM on the grocery side, and you are met with brightly-lit neatly displayed produce that seems to go on forever. Look to the left, and you will see the cosmetics and jewelry sections angled perfectly, for women to see from just a few paces inside the front doors. Straight down grocery action alley, everything you could possibly want to stock a kitchen with edibles is well-signed and ready to pile high in shopping carts.

It's true; we men don't spend much money at WM, because there's not much there that we'd spend much money on, except in sporting goods, and I spend precious little there anyway!

Usually "business as usual" in corporate speak means, "uh-oh, Houston, we have a problem".

Old Fuff
January 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
The old saying, time will tell may apply. Biden has done his thing and Obama has staged his dog & pony show, and throughout it all, no mention of WalMart.

WalMart may or may not discontinue or syspend the sale of tactical firearms and accessories simply because they are too hard to get, or the prices have gone higher then they're typical customers are willing to pay.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wal mart feeback link" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!