Glock Gen 4. 2 mags now instead of 3?

PDA

TennJed
January 10, 2013, 12:49 AM
I have read some post in various forums where people said they "heard" Glock Gen 4s were now coming with 2 mags instead of 3 Can anyone confirm this with a purchase they actually made (not just heard about)? Maybe a dealer or shop owner? And if you did get a G4 with 2 mags can you confirm the box said 2 mags also?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Gen 4. 2 mags now instead of 3?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Teachu2
January 10, 2013, 01:31 AM
I just bought a new Gen3 G26, came labeled and packed with 2 mags.

Quiet
January 10, 2013, 01:42 AM
Nothing has changed from Glock.

If you are short a magazine, it's most likley because the dealer removed one in order to sell by itself (this was a fairly common practice right before the first Fed AWB went into effect).

Glock label system:
Red label = two standard capacity magazines
White label = two 10 round or less capacity magazines
Blue label = (full size & compact) three standard capacity magazine or (subcompact) two standard capacity magazines

All Gen4 Glocks are blue label.

TennJed
January 10, 2013, 01:56 AM
I just bought a new Gen3 G26, came labeled and packed with 2 mags.
IIRC the Gen 3s have always came with 2 mags

Urban_Redneck
January 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
I believe only the "Blue Label" guns come with 3 mags.

ku4hx
January 10, 2013, 10:25 AM
All Gen4 Glocks are blue label.
My Gen4 19 S/N RKK### purchased in 2011 wasn't; it came with three 15 round magazines.

I believe it may be a case of, "All Blue Label guns come with three magazines; but not three magazine guns are Blue Label".

psyopspec
January 10, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm not near any of my tupperware cases right now, but IIRC they are labeled on the outside with what the contents should be. It's always a good practice to bring it up before handing over money and completing a purchase if the box says 3 and there are only 2 there.

beatledog7
January 10, 2013, 12:32 PM
My Gen4 came with 3 full-capacity mags. AFAIK they still do.

Hapworth
January 10, 2013, 01:09 PM
To my knowledge and experience, all Gen4s come with three mags, red label or blue.

OregonJohnny
January 10, 2013, 01:55 PM
I just bought a Gen 3 Glock 20SF, and it came with 2 15-round mags. When I asked the dealer what the main differences are between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks (besides the obvious interchangeable backstraps, dual recoil springs, grip texture, etc.) he mentioned the Gen 4 guns come with 3 mags.

JDGray
January 10, 2013, 03:32 PM
I thought the blue label glocks were a LE thing?
Stupid me...

TennJed
January 12, 2013, 06:04 PM
Well I picked it up and it did come with 3 mags. :)

I am now a glock owner. When I got home I could barely look my single action revolvers and 1911s in the eye

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Gen 4. 2 mags now instead of 3?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!