Obama To Possibly Use Executive Order For Gun Control

PDA

ObsidianOne
January 10, 2013, 05:08 AM
Seeing this on a lot of news websites. My apologies if it has already been posted.
Scary stuff.

Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/politics/gun-control-battle/index.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama To Possibly Use Executive Order For Gun Control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
radiotom
January 10, 2013, 05:18 AM
This isn't going away....time to stop pretending that it is...

Evergreen
January 10, 2013, 05:30 AM
Very dark times are ahead.

dickz
January 10, 2013, 05:43 AM
Don't worry, Big government will make sure we are all safe. They are going to pass a law against mental illness.

Silverado6x6
January 10, 2013, 06:10 AM
2AR

Second American Revolution.

We as individuals will need to adhere to the what our founding fathers penned into law, we may have to elect our local militia leader, to organize a training area and to insure those that join the militia are properly armed.

This isn't about joining the national Guard, it may be applied to a State Militia if that state has one, my current state Alaska does have one. I have a feeling they may start announcing the need for candidates and supplies soon though personally I think the liberals and middle of the road politicians will downplay any need for an Alaska militia because of our distance from the lower 48.

gc70
January 10, 2013, 06:50 AM
Executive orders? I think you can count on it, but any EOs that might be issued would not be significant.

During his first term, Obama made a big deal out of issuing executive orders when Congress would not act on his proposals. Obama will pay back his gun control supporters by throwing their wish list against the wall and seeing whether anything sticks. If their proposals are not passed by Congress, Obama can blame obstructionism in Congress and then issue executive orders that nibble around the edges on a few issues to show how he "did something."

radiotom
January 10, 2013, 06:57 AM
Executive orders? I think you can count on it, but any EOs that might be issued would not be significant.

During his first term, Obama made a big deal out of issuing executive orders when Congress would not act on his proposals. Obama will pay back his gun control supporters by throwing their wish list against the wall and seeing whether anything sticks. If their proposals are not passed by Congress, Obama can blame obstructionism in Congress and then issue executive orders that nibble around the edges on a few issues to show how he "did something."
You are missing the point. Obama doesn't just want to sit back and do nothing in his 2nd term. He wants to transform America, and strict gun control is one way. The blame game is taking a backseat for now to gun control and tax hikes.

Isaac-1
January 10, 2013, 07:00 AM
As I see it there is a limit on what he can do without Congress, but that limit can cause all of us a lot of headache, and may include such things as practical elimination of online gun and ammo shopping, delaying purchases through slow NICS processing, maybe even limiting purchase quantities, etc.

Sam1911
January 10, 2013, 07:20 AM
YES, we've had several...many...threads on it. Two were merged yesterday and then Frank closed them this morning. Go read them if you want to see what the REAL issues and answers are.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama To Possibly Use Executive Order For Gun Control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!