has anyone used missouri bullet co bullets in their sks?

PDA

bhhacker
January 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
I would think that I could get them to size their RNFP to .310 or .311 and use Unique for plinking/small game.

Anyone already doing this or willing to give some advice?

If you enjoyed reading about "has anyone used missouri bullet co bullets in their sks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
January 10, 2013, 10:47 PM
The concern would be that shooting a lead bullet would lead to plugging up your gas port with lead eventually. Using gas checked bullets would be a step better but would still have it happen eventually. That is the biggest reason most people will not bother with lead bullets IMHO. I did it with 30 Carbine bullets and mucked up my gas port, but I just did it that once.:cool:

JLDickmon
January 10, 2013, 10:47 PM
they make a 120 gr sized .313 for 32-20 lever rifles..

Missouri doesn't custom size.

If you're looking to fiddle around with diameters, get a hold of Beartooth Bullets. They usually size in four diameters.

I forgot about the gas port clogging..
maybe it's best you stick with jax..

ljnowell
January 10, 2013, 11:29 PM
they make a 120 gr sized .313 for 32-20 lever rifles..

If you're looking to fiddle around with diameters, get a hold of Beartooth Bullets. They usually size in four diameters.

I forgot about the gas port clogging..
maybe it's best you stick with jax..

Thats a first, Brad used to do it all the time. You may have to wait a little longer to get them, but they would do it.

bds
January 11, 2013, 12:08 PM
From their FAQ page - http://www.missouribullet.com/faq.php
Can I request special sizing or can I change the type of alloy I want used?
Yes. There is a minimum order of 1,000 bullets and a $10.00 set up fee for special orders. These bullets require a special set up and will be made as time permits.

I want a bullet that you don't have. Can you make them for me?
Depending. Generally, we will purchase the requisite mould set on a minimum order basis comprised of 10,000 bullets.

bhhacker
January 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
When I bought 500 bullets from them, the #1 and #2 whitetail, I asked for the 165gr bullets to be cast in .311 and they gladly did that. It took an extra couple of days but was very nice of them.

I wouldnt think id have to worry about the port clogging if i was shooting lead at/around 1000fps

I know its a different gun, but my 336 with 9 grains of unique and those same bullets was a pleasure to shoot and never leaded the barrel. No gas checking or anything either.

I just want a plinking round for now

If you enjoyed reading about "has anyone used missouri bullet co bullets in their sks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!