Hunting scope?

PDA

fxstchewy
January 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
Recommend a decent hunting scope that won't break the bank for my New Ruger America Rifle in .243 Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jogar80
January 10, 2013, 04:57 PM
Nikon prostaff 3-9x40. Great value in my opinion

Inebriated
January 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
Depending on how much your budget can support, I'd look into the Nikon Buckmaster's or Monarch. The BDC reticule is also great to have. The Monarch is about $100 more, give or take, and it has a bit clearer glass. The Vortex Viper is also a good scope, and very clear. I'm not sure how it compares to the Nikons, since I didn't get to try it next to them, but I was impressed, given the price point of about $400.

If you want cheaper, then the ProStaff is also a good scope. One came on my Savage, and I still haven't had a reason to switch it out... Glass is clear and holds zero.

jmr40
January 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
If you are on an extremely tight budget the Prostaff is a good choice. It is the botton rung on the ladder of acceptable. For only a few $$$ more the Nikon Buckmaster, Burris FF-II, and Vortex Diamondback are well worth the extra $50 if you can afford it. In the same price range the Redfield Revolution or Leupold VX-1 are even better and would be my choice.

mdauben
January 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
My choice would be Nikon Buckmaster or Leupold VX-1 in 3-9x40.

CB900F
January 10, 2013, 10:25 PM
Fxstchewy;

If the budget will go there, the Zeiss 3-9X Conquests can be had for $400.00 these days. Absolutely good stuff.

900F

Sock Puppet
January 11, 2013, 07:45 PM
How big is your bank?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting scope?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!