American Eagle 12 Gauge Model 66 (Noble Model 60 or 66)

PDA

Satphonebrad
January 10, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hello.

I have a American Eagle 12 Gauge Model 66. It matches the schematic for the Noble Model 60.

I took it apart to clean it up as it had got a bit of surface rust from the previous owner who didn't keep it clean and just left it in his closet and I for the life of me can't figure out how to reassemble it.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Noble-33415/Shotguns-37608/66Series-41142/66-34173.htm

is the gun. The main part in question is #83. I see where it goes in the inside of the gun and on the bolt, but have no idea where it goes on the trigger assembly.

Also The Trigger doesn't seem to want to do anything now. Its like its always pulled.. wasn't sure if this did something to engage the trigger but I'm completely lost.

Never had this issue with a gun before.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "American Eagle 12 Gauge Model 66 (Noble Model 60 or 66)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ifishsum
January 13, 2013, 02:35 AM
Not familiar with that model, but if it's anything like a Mossberg (it looks similar) that piece lays in a channel inside the receiver, and is basically trapped in place when the trigger assembly is inserted. As for the trigger, be sure the hammer is cocked back before inserting the trigger mechanism.

Hope that helps some...

Satphonebrad
January 19, 2013, 03:07 AM
If anyone can find a real tear down guide.. I think on top of the issue I'm having there's something wrong with the trigger now. its always up against the frame acting as if its depressed. If I engage it so its assumed I have pumped the gun and its in firemode, trigger still sits against the frame even-though the hammer is waiting to be fired.

Something must have jumped out and I somehow didn't see.

Anyone got anything other than the parts blowout that doesn't show crap on how things go back together....

Appreciate any help.

Brad in Phoenix.

chiggerbyt
January 19, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Brad,
I have a Noble 60 around here someplace. I may be able to take some pictures to help you out. PM me for email addy. chig

Satphonebrad
January 28, 2013, 10:07 PM
after some digging I did find some info but still doesn't give me the best answer yet.

According to the book, "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms assembly/Disassembly Part V: Shotguns, Second Edition." My Shotgun is the same or very similar to the Smith & Wesson 916. I'm guessing more towards similar as it still doesn't look right.

Hopefully just getting that piece of info out on the web can help the next guy.

I recommend buying that book if it suits your needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Digest-Book-Firearms-Assembly-Disassembly/dp/0873494008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359425224&sr=8-1&keywords=the+gun+digest+book+of+firearms+assembly+disassembly

So at least I have found a direction to get me closer I hope. off to Youtube Video land and see if something will slap me in the face and make it obvious :)

If you enjoyed reading about "American Eagle 12 Gauge Model 66 (Noble Model 60 or 66)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!