Help! New Slide Won't Go Into Battery.

PDA

Chupacabra
March 6, 2004, 01:36 PM
The Ceiner .22 conversion kit I ordered from Cabella's arrived yesterday and I promptly cleaned it, lubed it, and installed it on my Kimber Custom II 1911. Installation was a snap but I noticed something odd when I racked the slide...It stayed locked back after I let go! (I know you're not supposed to do that but I wanted to make sure everything worked mechanically) Only after nudging it forward with my thumb did it go back into battery.

I know normally the slide can only lock back if there is a magazine present, but I took it out before I installed the kit.

Is there something wrong with the conversion kit? Should I be worried? Does it need to be sent back?

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

:uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! New Slide Won't Go Into Battery." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911Tuner
March 6, 2004, 01:45 PM
Howdy Chupa,

Sounds like there's a tight spot in the slide/frame fit. Sometimes they drop in and go...somethies they don't.

Tuner's Rx...Put just a dab of J&B Bore Cleaner in the frame rails at the
front and mid-ways. Work the slide back and forth once or twice to spread
it out. Add 2-3 drops of oil per rail work the slide through its travel about
25-30 times. Clean it out..oil it...put it back together and see if it ain't a bit
better.

Another possibility is that the disconnect is making hard contact with the cocking rail. A little oil and some use will probably smooth it out. If it
went forward just a little and stopped, that's probably it. If it didn't
move at all, it's probably the slide/frame fit.

Luck!

Tuner

Chupacabra
March 6, 2004, 01:59 PM
Thanks Tuner! I'll try that out.

:D

Arc Angel
March 6, 2004, 02:08 PM
:rolleyes: Yes, I agree with, '1911 Tuner'. I'd, also, try a dab of synthetic grease inside each slide track. Something like, 'Sentry Solutions Hi-Slip' grease works well for me. Good luck! :)

Here's the link: http://www.sentrysolutions.com/AllProducts.shtml

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! New Slide Won't Go Into Battery." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!