What happened to Charlton Hestons guns?

PDA

Twiki357
January 11, 2013, 02:41 AM
For some reason this came to mind today. Back in 2008 when Charlton Heston passed away, there were emails floating around of pictures of his "Gun room" with it's bank vault door and all of his collection. This may have been discussed here before, but I couldn't find anything with the search function. I have two questions: 1. Does anyone know if those pictures were real, and 2. If they were real, does anyone know what ever happened to his collection? My guess would be the NRA museum, but I have never heard one way or the other.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Charlton Hestons guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
January 11, 2013, 04:34 AM
The pics are real. But those were not Heston's guns. They belonged to some ex-NRA board member, IIRC.

natman
January 11, 2013, 03:46 PM
Real place, real guns, not Charlton Heston's (although I am sure he had some nice guns of his own).

http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/gunvault.asp

Killian
January 11, 2013, 04:49 PM
One turned into a snake and slithered away. T

he others were stolen by a group of strangely dressed 5 foot tall monkeys.

All very odd actually.

Sock Puppet
January 11, 2013, 05:21 PM
One turned into a snake and slithered away. T

he others were stolen by a group of strangely dressed 5 foot tall monkeys.

All very odd actually.

No more odd than hundreds of gun claims made by the media on a daily basis.

zxcvbob
January 11, 2013, 05:21 PM
They probably couldn't pry them from his cold dead hands. :D (that's a joke, but I mean it respectfully)

Boxhead
January 11, 2013, 05:28 PM
I bought them.

If you enjoyed reading about "What happened to Charlton Hestons guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!