Could the Mods please ban future threads on bans, door-to-door confiscations....

PDA

sleepyone
January 11, 2013, 08:16 AM
and all the other dastardly and horrible things that may or may not ever happen? It seems every other thread is nothing more than speculating, guessing, hand wringing or just plain 'ol stirrin' the pot. :banghead: Does not seem very "High Road" to me... It actually makes us out to be the fanatics the liberal media anti-2A crowd has painted us out to be. :o

Maybe you could create a new Topic Group called "Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me"

If you enjoyed reading about "Could the Mods please ban future threads on bans, door-to-door confiscations...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Halal Pork
January 11, 2013, 08:49 AM
I agree with forming a new "topic group" but not exercising blanket censorship. Since someone is paying for this bandwidth though, and it's not me, this website is someone's private property and I appreciate it's their prerogative what they allow and don't allow. Might make sense to put gun rights threads somewhere other than "general gun discussions." My unsolicited 2 cents.

rbernie
January 11, 2013, 09:06 AM
If folk aren't allowed to come here with their concerns and use THR's seasoned membership to get talked off the ledge, so to speak, then where will they go and who will help balance their fears and concerns with facts and reality?

We are in the middle of a teaching moment, both internally and externally, WRT the RKBA. That inflection point is not best served by shutting out those who need help most.

d-dogg
January 11, 2013, 09:09 AM
Folks need to get things off their chests. I agree with a sub-forum for that, but disagree with censorship.

brnmw
January 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
Folks need to get things off their chests. I agree with a sub-forum for that, but disagree with censorship.

+1 for me.

swathdiver
January 11, 2013, 10:32 AM
and all the other dastardly and horrible things that may or may not ever happen?

What about the 1st Amendment? You're for the second but not the first? If you don't like one, you're not a supporter of them all. :scrutiny:

Sam1911
January 11, 2013, 10:41 AM
What about the 1st Amendment? You're for the second but not the first? If you don't like one, you're not a supporter of them all.Remember an internet forum is not a government institution or public property. The 1st Amendment does not really apply here. We can (and do every day) limit what is said here.

Having said that -- and even given how frustrating dealing with some of these endlessly repetitious panic threads is right now, rbernie is exactly right. Better have folks come HERE and get their fears assuaged and/or educated than run elsewhere and hear nothing but the ranting and hand-wringing of those masses who don't know better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Could the Mods please ban future threads on bans, door-to-door confiscations...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!