Piers Morgan..."Your little book" aka the Constitution of the United States

PDA

GiorgioG
January 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
For once someone on 'our' side completely deconstructs Piers Morgan without coming across as a nutjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdhAm_oUUs

If you enjoyed reading about "Piers Morgan..."Your little book" aka the Constitution of the United States" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
January 11, 2013, 11:42 AM
.......wow......piers honestly believes the govt cares about him and could never turn tyrannical.......just what dream world does he live in?

kwguy
January 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
Piers lives in his own dream world. He is just too used to being a "subject". The phrase "may your chains rest lightly upon you" was absolutely MADE for him. Breitbart called him for what he was, and all Piers had left was his stupid "how dare you" line. I thought it was good.

holdencm9
January 11, 2013, 12:01 PM
Very proficiently spoken. He makes a good point about Piers being "philosophically consistent" and although I do not necessarily agree with everything he said, he was very good and at least he understands the real POINT of the second amendment.

I also love how he calls out Piers on being a bully... Well done!

Prophet
January 11, 2013, 12:41 PM
Nice to see Piers finally getting some of his own medicine. Shapiro did an excellent job of putting him in his place while coming off as astute and reasonable. We need more like him.

beatledog7
January 11, 2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry to have to disagree, but Ben did not do such a good job here. For starters, he fell into letting Piers call AR-15s, the kind we can buy, "assault weapons," and even used the term himself. Thanks, Ben.

Ben did accurately state the real purpose of 2A, but he came across as the nutty one, IMHO. Piers Morgan is a pro at this, and anyone sitting down with him or others like him to talk about gun control has to be able to articulate that the antis' plans to install gun control measures will not prevent a single mass shooting. I realize that Ben was there because of the recent release of his book and that its topic was supposed to be the basis for the discussion.

But let's be realistic here. Anyone going up against a well-rehearsed and well-schooled anti such as PM needs to point out the true underlying causes of these recent mass shootings. In most cases, mass shooters grew up over medicated for supposed behavioral conditions (aka lack of parental discipline) and are now permanently unable to discern right from wrong because of those medications. They gain access to guns either by illegal acts or by slipping through the system even though they are known to have mental conditions which should disqualify them from gun ownership. They select mythical gun-free zones to carry out their illegal acts, and they typically give up as soon as they are confronted by someone with a gun.

Therefore, the best way to prevent such attacks is first to ensure that the environment in which these mass shooters feel free to act is modified. In short, we must clearly and rationally articulate that make-believe gun-free zones are the thing that facilitate and even encourage most mass shootings, and that the legality or availability of any particular kind of gun are irrelevant.

Next, we must re-examine the entire idea that whenever we see a behavioral challenge in a child we must create a medical diagnosis that absolves parents of any responsibility to parent that child beyond making sure that he or she takes that pill. Further, we must close the gaps in mental health reporting and modify the way we view mental illness--in short, we must reconsider the politically correct but mistaken notion that institutionalization is nearly always a bad thing.

Then, we must point out that the need for AR-15s and 30-round mags lies imbedded in the original and current purpose of 2A -- to ensure that the people of this nation maintain the ability to stand up to tyranny in the same way that the revolutionists did in 1776. Then, of course, we must point out that "need" has no bearing on 2A rights, and if it did then by extension it would also have a bearing on 1A rights; therefore, PM must now justify why he needs to have his show.

Ben failed to point out most of this; he stumbled badly in his articulation of 2A's purpose, allowing himself to look like a conspiracy theory whacko instead of pointing out rationally how such tyranny is already happening. Just because he's on the side of 2A doesn't mean we have to say he was awesome. He wasn't.

Halal Pork
January 11, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure why anyone cares what Piers Morgan has to say. He's gotten ratings for CNN and that's his job. I don't think he's any sort of intellectual or great mind or what have you. I'd put him on par with Simon Cowell or that angry chef on the Food Network. True, the right to keep and bear arms is something Brits I've spoken with often bring up as being a bizarre and absurd bit of American culture. Hey, different countries and different cultures. I've pointed out to some particularly pushy Brits (not making a blanket generalization, but I've run into quite a few) that Catholics in Northern Ireland might have disagreed historically with prohibitions against possession of firearms. I spend a lot of times overseas and this pub conversation is my second least favorite. ("George Bush is an idiot Nazi" takes first place though.) In conclusion, I don't really care what Piers Morgan thinks and no one should get bent out of shape over what he says on the idiot box.

Inazone
January 11, 2013, 01:07 PM
While I don't agree with Ben Shapiro on a few points, he did the best job I've seen so far of going toe-to-toe with Morgan. As much as I would have liked to see Shapiro avoid using "assault rifle" or "assault weapon" at all, he did a commendable job of getting his point across despite Morgan's every effort to interrupt, distract and derail him. If fewer "guests" allowed themselves to fall prey to such tactics, how much of a program would Piers Morgan have left to host?

kwguy
January 11, 2013, 01:13 PM
True. He wasn't perfect, but not bad. The "assault weapon" thing irks me, as well as when they say, in a mewley, whiney voice that "you don't need an assault rifle for deer hunting". I just wish someone would point out that it is ALSO an excellent hunting platform, if for no other reason than to point out their ignorance.

I think it just bothers people that PM is a bully, and is allowed to be one with a major news (cough) network.

mljdeckard
January 11, 2013, 01:16 PM
Something I want to see more commentators do is not dodge the "Why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?" question. I wan't more of them to state that if there is a legitimate defensive use for rifles, it is disingenuous to put an arbitrary limit on the number of shots that will be needed.

Double Vision
January 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mr. Shapiro represented himself and the 2nd Amendment very well.

As far as Morgan, eh, better to say nothing.

fxstchewy
January 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
I like that he was giving "musket" morgan a dose of his on medicine, one thing i really don't understand about "musket" is...is he even a american citizen? he has said that he has children and is concerned about their safety because of our right to own semi-autos, so why did he pick up from the merry uk and come over here? if i lived somewhere else that was so "safe" and i was really concerned with that i probably would not move here :confused:
I have No need or respect for people that move somewhere and start tell people how to live.
The way "musket" rails on about "killing machines" may cause some nut job to loose it on him and he may be face to face with his greatest fear. probably quite a few people take exception to a brit coming to america and telling us how to live.

NaturalDefensiveRights
January 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
Overall, Ben Shapiro did alright bringing up some good points, but there's problems with many things he said, that leads to be believe he's not really on my side. He seems to think we're not currently in a tyranny, and thinks that AR's are assault rifles. He also seems to think that anyone that's taken psychotropic drugs (even 10 years ago, for example) or convicted of a misdemeanor should not own firearms.

HarcyPervin
January 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
Shapiro did a great job of keeping his cool, even though he almost lost it a couple times. I also think he did a great job of explaining the true intent of the second amendment without coming off as a tin-hat crazy. Piers' over the top bullying style of debating seemed not to get under his skin, as I know it would have mine.

Midnight Oil
January 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
so why did he pick up from the merry uk and come over here?

mainly because he was wrapped up in that whole UK phone hacking scandal.

r1derbike
January 11, 2013, 02:29 PM
Piers Morgan? Oh! That incredibly stupid man! Spewing false "facts". The man who the U.K. doesn't want back. The man who staged false photos and accused UK soldiers of atrocities. The man who lost his job in the UK for it.

The misguided fool who is doing everything in his power (including lies, he is good at that) to trample and destroy the U.S. Constitution, and has delusions of grandeur about rewriting the bible.

The Piers Morgan who believes that our government will never turn tyrannical? Heck, his own did, that's why we're here and he is on our soil!

That Piers Morgan. What a role model?

sidheshooter
January 11, 2013, 02:35 PM
Nice post beatledog. I haven't watched the video yet, so no comment one way or another on that, but I like the way you've summarized the main arguments we all should be prepared to make.

Calibre44
January 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
We DO NOT want him back ... !!:)

heavydluxe
January 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Sorry to have to disagree, but Ben did not do such a good job here. For starters, he fell into letting Piers call AR-15s, the kind we can buy, "assault weapons," and even used the term himself. Thanks, Ben.

(...snip...)

Ben failed to point out most of this; he stumbled badly in his articulation of 2A's purpose, allowing himself to look like a conspiracy theory whacko instead of pointing out rationally how such tyranny is already happening. Just because he's on the side of 2A doesn't mean we have to say he was awesome. He wasn't.
I bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

HOOfan_1
January 11, 2013, 03:18 PM
Stop listening to him and maybe he will go away

r1derbike
January 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
We can't even have him deported! Our present administration has him glorified as their poster child! They would never harm one of their own, never!

KMatch
January 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Then quit sending your unwanted HERE!:D

About the hunting side of it - when asked about using the AR as a hunting rifle, why DO we defend it in that use? It works in many cases on smaller game, sure, but I have to wonder how it would be handled if the truth came out that many don't prefer it for it's lack of power. There really are much better "killing machines" out there and it's proven in the field daily.

How many center fire rifle cartridges are lower in power per round?

These are questions I'd like to see debated with these "experts".

mljdeckard
January 11, 2013, 03:35 PM
That's something people also need to remember, this is the best thing that ever happened to Piers Morgan. CNN has been choking, Larry King's ratings were in the gutter when he turned in his soap box, and Piers Morgan did not do anything to improve the situation. There's a fine line between; "These gun laws are so insane I'm moving back to England." and "I had to go home anyway because no one watches my show."

StrutStopper
January 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
Let's not forget PM also feels the Bible needs revision, it is outdated you know and does not account for what is now considered socially acceptable...

AirForceShooter
January 11, 2013, 04:16 PM
He's in it to make a living and get attention.
CNN was ready to drop his slimey butt until all this started

AFS

Calibre44
January 11, 2013, 04:41 PM
What this idiot has failed to recognise is that AR15s are legal over here, albeit in 'straight-pull configuation (you need to manually pull back the slide to eject and load the next round) with no ristriction on mag size. Not as quick as a semi but still pretty quick!

Also you can own an AR15 in .22 in semi-auto ...

Like I said ... idiot!

beatledog7
January 11, 2013, 04:44 PM
I bet you're a ton of fun at parties.

Yeah, I'm a blast. People who know me know I say what I think, and they've gotten used to that. I'm not here to please anyone.

The_Armed_Therapist
January 11, 2013, 04:51 PM
For a neocon arguing for more gun control, Shapiro did a pretty good job. Morgan is a scumbag.

herkyguy
January 11, 2013, 06:43 PM
Morgan is the nut. But he is a pro at debating. We have to be very careful because goons like him can steer an argument.

M-Cameron
January 11, 2013, 07:07 PM
Morgan is the nut. But he is a pro at debating. We have to be very careful because goons like him can steer an argument.

umm, no......insulting, berating, ignoring, and talking over your guests is not debating.

he re-hashes the same facts and regurgitates the same arguments.....even after hes been proven wrong. when he doesnt like your respone, he simply asks his questions again and says them louder.....that is not debating, that's acting like a 2 year old.

beatledog7
January 11, 2013, 07:48 PM
Yes, PM is a jerk. But when you go on his show and try to beat him at his own game, you lose. He's better at it.

figment
January 11, 2013, 07:49 PM
Something I want to see more commentators do is not dodge the "Why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?" question. I wan't more of them to state that if there is a legitimate defensive use for rifles, it is disingenuous to put an arbitrary limit on the number of shots that will be needed.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.Tyranny is telling me what I need. There is nothing in the Second Amendment about hunting. Its about the Government fearing its citizens not the other way around. This is what our forefathers wanted to ensure a "free state".

goon
January 11, 2013, 08:00 PM
Actually, I think Shapiro did a very good job of standing up to Morgan. I thought Joshua Boston also did, but Shapiro seemed more in his element on the show (not suprisingly).
Shapiro's point that the reason some of his ancestors are now ashes in Europe got right to the point of why semi-automatic weapons with high capacity magazines are necessary. He did a good job of noting that tyranny can sneak up on us and that we should always be prepared to resist it.
It might have been better if he had brought up the self-defense use of military style rifles with high capacity magazines - it's very hard to murder a homeowner and rape his or her teenage daughters while he or she is actively resisting you with an AK and a couple 30 round magazines - but you can't have everything. I'm sure Shapiro had his reasons for avoiding that argument, even if we don't know what thos reasons are.

CTGunner
January 11, 2013, 08:02 PM
Well I think Ben did a very nice job.

goon
January 11, 2013, 08:03 PM
As for hunting, the .223 round in semi-automatic rifles such as the Mini-14 and AR-15 is popular among many of the people where I live for hunting. They kill Caribou with them. I looked at a Mini-14 the other day and the owner told me he had used it for a lot of hunting... and it showed. That rifle had a lot of wear and finish taken off the stock, and the high capacity magazine he was selling with it was also well worn and spotted with bits of corrosion.
People can and do hunt with them, but that's beside the point.
The reason for the Second Amendment is to resist tyranny, and now according to SCOTUS, also self-defense. I'm not complaining about that.

sota
January 11, 2013, 08:05 PM
I also agree Ben did a great job.
maybe not perfect, but I don't think anyone on the pro- side will ever get it 100% right all the time. the anger and venom from the other side can throw off even the best.

Gottahaveone
January 11, 2013, 08:24 PM
But when you go on his show and try to beat him at his own game, you lose. He's better at it.

Kind of reminds you of the old saying "Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." doesn't it?

9mmforMe
January 11, 2013, 08:46 PM
Piers is a master of fallacy and being specious. He will say anything to excite the passions of those who agree with him so that logic and reason are cast to the wind. I think Ben did a good job. He was well spoken, emotionally well regulated and informed. Piers also cares more about the ratings for his show and will take on any topic that generates money for his puppet masters.

American Finn
January 11, 2013, 08:51 PM
When I listen to people like Piers Morgan badmouth our Constitution it angers me beyond belief. My retort to him is if he doesn't like our laws or freedoms, go back to Europe where you belong! If you think life there is so much better, please go back, we don't need you here.

Ben made some great points, and then some I wasn't in agreement with, and that's fine. The best point that Ben brought up, in my opinion, and one that resonates with me, is the analogy of living in California and having our "porous" border and 12 million illegal immigrants in this country. You notice Piers wanted to get off that subject really quick, and how these two factors are contributing to crime and violence in this country. How many guns are illegally flowing into this country from other sources, not to mention drugs, etc.?

The reason I feel I can say to Piers "go back to where you belong" is the fact that I am the first generation born in this great nation. My grandparents and father emigrated from war torn Finland to the U.S. for a better life. My family had to be sponsored to emigrate (my great great aunt), and were expected to be productive and assimilate into the American culture. That meant respect of our laws and beliefs, and we did. In fact, my father served this nation in Vietnam, and god bless him for his service.

I learned from an early age to respect and love this nation because this is a great nation, and we Americans have accomplished great things.

And PM is a huge bully...as Ben reiterated, anyone who doesn't agree wholeheartedly with his point of view is "stupid, arrogant, how dare you...blah". Pathetic reporting as usual from CNN.

I miss the days of Edward Murrow, Charles Kuralt, Walter Cronkite, etc. At least they were subjective and accountable.

RetiredUSNChief
January 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
Ben Shapiro is outstanding in that video.

He has a well gounded understanding of the dynamics of the "debating" tactics that people like Piers Morgan use and how to defuse them. (Those were satirical quotes, in case you missed that.)

I especially like Piers' slip when Ben drove him to answer his question about handguns and banning all guns:

"Because I believe in respect in an American's right under the Second Amendment of the Constitution, you kindly brought in, to defend themselves with a handgun or a pistol; what I don't understand..."

Notice his eyes as he's hunting for his reply to Ben's questions. It's very nice to see him on the defensive.

I don't agree with everything Ben said...however, he's EXTREMELY adroit at handling people like Piers.

It's VERY entertaining to see how Piers tries repeatedly to slide to other topics when he's getting shafted on the current one. And just as entertaining to see Ben cut him off repeatedly and slide him onto another topic that Piers isn't ready to address.

I also love how Piers tries repeatedly to set Ben up for a smackdown, only to have Ben sidestep it. Like his discussion about Ronald Reagan...an obvious set up for "if you liked Ronald Reagan, why don't you like gun control?" Heh!

Ahhh...it's like watching UFC!

:):)

The only thing I think I would have added to this would be at the end, where Piers really pushed his point...Ben missed, perhaps out of politeness, the opportunity to bring to light the origin of the United States as a country with respect to Great Britian.

Ah, well...it was well fought and Piers did not walk away unscathed. Not a bad encounter coming from a man like Ben Shapiro, who has yet to see 30 years.

:D:D

KTXdm9
January 11, 2013, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure why anyone cares what Piers Morgan has to say. He's gotten ratings for CNN and that's his job. I don't think he's any sort of intellectual or great mind or what have you. I'd put him on par with Simon Cowell or that angry chef on the Food Network. True, the right to keep and bear arms is something Brits I've spoken with often bring up as being a bizarre and absurd bit of American culture. Hey, different countries and different cultures. I've pointed out to some particularly pushy Brits (not making a blanket generalization, but I've run into quite a few) that Catholics in Northern Ireland might have disagreed historically with prohibitions against possession of firearms. I spend a lot of times overseas and this pub conversation is my second least favorite. ("George Bush is an idiot Nazi" takes first place though.) In conclusion, I don't really care what Piers Morgan thinks and no one should get bent out of shape over what he says on the idiot box.
He's just a carnival barker. Playing the heel to get ratings. I won't waste my time.

Mulk
January 12, 2013, 12:09 AM
The only "little book" I have ever heard of was the Little Red Book. A Freudian slip perhaps?

Kiln
January 12, 2013, 04:16 AM
The founders of the USA kicked a massive army of British back overseas but thousands of current day Americans can't get ONE guy deported.

sidheshooter
January 12, 2013, 05:41 AM
Ben Shapiro is outstanding in that video.

...I don't agree with everything Ben said...however, he's EXTREMELY adroit at handling people like Piers...

I just watched the video, and I agree. Nice to see Morgan get slapped around for a bit in his own back yard.

RetiredUSNChief
January 12, 2013, 06:18 AM
You know, this fully functional assault weapon being auctioned off on ebay right now would be UK compliant.

I wonder what Piers Morgan would have to say about it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assault-Weapon-Cavemans-AR15-Assault-Rock-/160953713972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item257996c534

Kiln
January 12, 2013, 06:32 AM
You know, this fully functional assault weapon being auctioned off on ebay right now would be UK compliant.

I wonder what Piers Morgan would have to say about it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assault-Weapon-Cavemans-AR15-Assault-Rock-/160953713972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item257996c534
If I was a rich man, I would buy this just to say I bought it and put it up for display, along with photos of the auction itself.

RetiredUSNChief
January 12, 2013, 06:48 AM
If I was a rich man, I would buy this just to say I bought it and put it up for display, along with photos of the auction itself.

If you do, make sure it's secured so that children can't get ahold of it and hurt someone.

You could be open for a world of hurt if some kid took that thing to school with them. Imagine the carnage that could ensue!

Kiln
January 12, 2013, 07:00 AM
If you do, make sure it's secured so that children can't get ahold of it and hurt someone.

You could be open for a world of hurt if some kid took that thing to school with them. Imagine the carnage that could ensue!

Now that I think about it this thing would go straight into the safe, along with my other assault weapons.

I would love to see the look on people's faces when I pulled out the most expensive weapon in the safe and showed them the $3,000 "assault rock" along with the Ebay receipt.

mnrivrat
January 12, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm waiting for the poster of Morgan dressed in a British 18th century military uniform with his finger pointing outward:

" I WANT YOUR GUNS "

History repeats itself - we are NOT subjects of the King

mf-dif
January 12, 2013, 10:56 AM
Shapiro did a good job of not coming through as a complete nut job which is what Piers is good at doing. Piers pounds the same questions to all his guests and then counters with emotion. You almost have to do the same to him.

He could have done a better job of explaining the constitution and the 2nd amendment. Shapiro takes away Piers "hunting" repeated lines by saying it's purpose is to defend against a tyrannical government. But he should have strongly emphasised it for the American people having the ability to do this. By not doing so gave an opening to Piers to make it sound like it was just Shapiro fearing the government.

He should have remind Piers how our constitution it came to be, as it was an overthrow from the American people of their tyrannical government. It's how the country came to be, if it was illegal then it could still be under British rule. Followed by the number of revolutions of the people that have happened in the last century in other countries...and if he thinks those countries citizens would have been slaughtered without guns.

The response to the "why do you need the AR" shouldn't have been deverted to handguns. It should be that the amendment has nothing to do with the type. Which would have coaxed him into saying the AR did not exist during the writing of the amendment.

Set up for reminding him the amendment was written at the time when the average citizen could own the same weapons as the military. The musket was the "assult" rifle of the day. Citizens then could also own cannons, mortars and explosives. And our founding fathers intended it to be this way. That the document has been around this long is proof of its working. It has deterred tyranny.
Piers would then blow up again. Then state countries where citizens where disarmed and what happened by their governments to the people.

Piers setup questions as to "what gun was used in aurora, sandy etc". Answer AR. Then say let's look at single perp mass murdering citizans. Ask, what type of weapon was used by Breivik to kill 77 people. Ask what did McVeigh use fot 168? Ask what weapon Cho used to kill 35. Ask what was used in Fort Hood for 13.

These are bombs and handguns. Piers didn't you just say you support handguns? So why the fascination with the AR15 Piers? I understand it's hard to think about these when put on the spot...but you have to come in with a strategy for any battle. For Piers it's best to troll a troll.

Calibre44
January 12, 2013, 12:53 PM
It is ironic that PM's fav football team (soccer) is called 'Arsenal' who were formed over 100 years ago from an actual armoury (Woolwich Arsenal)

Their nickname is 'The Gunners' and their club emblem is a cannon!

mnrivrat
January 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
The response to the "why do you need the AR" shouldn't have been deverted to the fact handguns are used more in murders. It should be that the amendment has nothing to do with the type. Which would have coaxed him into saying the AR did not exist during the writing of the amendment.

A response that perhaps in a nation of free people, we ought not to be restricted to only items that someone else, or the government, feels we NEED .

Or a response that askes the question why one should be subject to HIS idea of what I need or don't need. (who died and made him King ? - and this is NOT England)

Airbrush Artist
January 12, 2013, 07:51 PM
I swear I would have Punch Him in the face when he threw that Constitution ,Just Think Of the people who have Died for that book...

Leadhead
January 12, 2013, 07:54 PM
It's amazing how the left leaning media and anti's capitalize on these rather rare tragedies and then accuse the NRA and Gun manufacturers of pushing a fear agenda and encouraging gun sales and new NRA memberships.....?

Piers, You are dancing on the graves and you are left wing. Get over it.

Leadhead
January 12, 2013, 07:56 PM
I swear I would have Punch Him in the face when he threw that Constitution ,Just Think Of the people who have Died for that book...

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear did punch him..... here's an interview where he talks about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzu2ObrYzc

BHP FAN
January 12, 2013, 07:57 PM
''how dare you''?! bwahahahaha that was hilarious!

krameranzac
January 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
Are we speaking of the same Piers Morgan who tried to frame British soldiers for abuse of captives and got caught?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm

ApacheCoTodd
January 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
"Standing on the graves..."

I absolutely loved his outrage and indignation on being called on that and then his case of epizoodics when he didn't get the expected apology for the accurate description of his behavior and the behavior of those like him. Watch it again and you can actually see him prepping himself for the apology anyone of weaker convictions would have reflexively tossed out at his weak "how dare you?" mantra. Then there's a physical exhibit when you can tell a second later that he realizes the apology will not be forthcoming and he's been called out in a way he can not defend.

"How dare you?"

"How dare you, indeed!"

gym
January 12, 2013, 10:55 PM
You are playing right into his hands by allowing him to benefit from this problem we have.
This jerk could care less what the issue is, if he was anyware else he would be tar and feathered, "do they still do that", and rode out of town on a jackass. he cares not about the issue, only his ratings and his name getting around, just ignore the Britt, and he will go elseware.
Now if I saw him in a restaurant, I might ask him politelly to step outside and discuss this further, "apprentice boy".

bubbameat
January 12, 2013, 11:11 PM
I actually think Piers is great for us. The more he talks the more his toes poke out the back of his head.

http://twitchy.com/2013/01/12/piers-morgan-exposes-dana-loeschs-lack-of-gun-knowledge-by-making-up-models-calibers-deleting-tweets/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Ignition Override
January 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
krameranzac/bubbameat:

Thanks very much for the links. To use Piers' own words during the gun debate with the excellent Mr. Shapiro, "How Dare you".;)
If you've not seen it, you will enjoy it on Youtube. The BBC article is perfect, and I should have tried a search, but probably would not have found it in the maze of BBC homepage links.

Made two copies of that old BBC article and can't wait to show it to random coworkers and immed. family members who watch CNN and Piers quite often. This will help prove some points I would like to make about journalistic integrity, because our family almost always avoid topics on which we won't agree.
They never watch the station that my wife and I watch quite often, because of what friends or other tv stations imply or say about it.

Onmilo
January 13, 2013, 04:39 AM
I would just LOVE to debate that pompous englishman on the Bill of Rights...

RetiredUSNChief
January 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
Ah, yes..."how dare we", indeed!

"How dare we"...we who took up arms against a tyranical British Empire over two centuries ago.

"How dare we"...we who, in 1812, commenced fighting a 2 1/2 year war with the tyranical British Empire, and her allies, who were still smarting over American Independence a quarter century earlier and doing things like impressing American Sailors into British naval service, blockading American merchant traffic, and hiring privateers to do the same.

"How dare we"...we who went up against the largest empire this world has ever seen, covering over 13 million square miles and 500 million people at it's height...1/4 of the world's land mass AND 1/4 of the world's population at that time.

"How dare we"...we who came to Great Britain's aid in not one, but BOTH World Wars.

"How dare we", indeed.

:evil:

ApacheCoTodd
January 13, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ah, yes..."how dare we", indeed!

"How dare we"...we who took up arms against a tyranical British Empire over two centuries ago.

"How dare we"...we who, in 1812, commenced fighting a 2 1/2 year war with the tyranical British Empire, and her allies, who were still smarting over American Independence a quarter century earlier and doing things like impressing American Sailors into British naval service, blockading American merchant traffic, and hiring privateers to do the same.

"How dare we"...we who went up against the largest empire this world has ever seen, covering over 13 million square miles and 500 million people at it's height...1/4 of the world's land mass AND 1/4 of the world's population at that time.

"How dare we"...we who came to Great Britain's aid in not one, but BOTH World Wars.

"How dare we", indeed.

:evil:
Yup...

Or in other words - "How dare we?" "We've seen your lot before sir, a couple-a-times."

Hell, burn the White House, burn The Capital, burn the constitution - all the same to them... and US.

19-3Ben
January 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
I've always really liked Ben Shapiro. He's awesome.

captain awesome
January 13, 2013, 01:00 PM
Some one needs to talk to pierce like this;
"The second amend...."
Pierce interrupts; "i don't care about your little..."
"Pierce, Pierce, you are a British person correct?"
"Yes, yes I am"
"Aren't British people known for having good manners and being polite?"
"what does tha...."
"Then why are you not being polite and letting me finish my statements?"
"more blustering and huffing and puffing..."
"Pierce, you always talk about having a conversation or discussion, yet you never allow any one to. Every time you interrupt me, I am just going to talk over you louder and louder until you stop. do you understand?"
Pierces constant frown and scowl hardens, but he shuts up for a minute.

Trent
January 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
I say one thing, the kid held his own.

Morgan is an overbearing bully who doesn't allow others to make a point, and when they DO score a point against him, he blasts back with the first hurtful demeaning quip his brain can formulate. He's constantly in a state of verbal whiplash.

Shapiro kept a cooler head than I would have.

I would have, at some point, snapped and said "Listen you pompous British ****, shut up and let the other side speak with equal time, and allow me to finish at least ONE sentence during this interview."

If you enjoyed reading about "Piers Morgan..."Your little book" aka the Constitution of the United States" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!