Is that the bullet leaving the barrel?

PDA

duelist1954
January 11, 2013, 02:45 PM
I pulled some still pictures off of a video I'm working on. It looks like I can see the bullet exiting the muzzle, but maybe I'm just seeing the muzzle hole itself. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/GBXnN.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Is that the bullet leaving the barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim K
January 11, 2013, 03:07 PM
I think you are seeing the bullet. But don't you lose cameras that way?

Jim

4v50 Gary
January 11, 2013, 06:48 PM
Ditto Jim K.

mitchz
January 11, 2013, 07:44 PM
Probably wad or patch, I've seen alot of them on my vids and only one ball so far. I think the ball travels so fast that it is usually a blur and the wad or patch slows down so fast you see alot of them.

raytracer
January 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
And cameramen....

I suspect he's using a mirror.

Jaymo
January 12, 2013, 02:38 PM
It's only a wad or patch, if he's using patches or wads. If none are being used, I think it's the projectile.
Cool pic, BTW, Mike. Sure am glad you're still posting vids and linking them here. Your vids are my favorites, and not just because you're a fan of BP, EAA Witness, and EAA BBBH. OF course, those reasons surely don't hurt.

kBob
January 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
Since we used to get photos of the back of a projo going down range from 105 and 155 howitzers just beyound the muzzle when photoed from next to or behind the gun I don't see any problem with believing that to be the bullet.

-kBob

VA27
January 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
Sunspots. That is a picture of the sun, isn't it?:D Cool photo! I also believe it's the bullet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is that the bullet leaving the barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!