LSWC and 40 S&W Hi-Point

PDA

ljnowell
January 11, 2013, 10:01 PM
As the title says, I'm looking at the combination for my dad and his Hi-Point pistol. He is wanting me to load up 1k rounds just to have around. I plan on using AA#2 and shooting for target velocity.

Anyone here have any experience with SWC profile in a Hi-Point pistol? Do they like them?

If you enjoyed reading about "LSWC and 40 S&W Hi-Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
January 11, 2013, 11:50 PM
I am loading Missouri Bullet IDP #7 RNFP with 231/HP38 at mid load with good results with both of my 40 CAL High Points. I load the bullet so that about 1/16 of the straight shank of the bullet is above the brass. I have never tried a SWC as of yet but it should work OK when the length is adjusted for a good feed with a couple dummy rounds seating them deeper till they work then using that work up an accurate load.

Stormin.40
January 11, 2013, 11:55 PM
I have loaded light 155gr SWC for a Beretta and it is my most accurate load. By light I mean 900fps, I used Tite group.

You will want to make a dummy round, no primer or powder, and determine an OAL that will chamber. Then make a few rounds, 5-10 each, starting with minimum load data and work up. SWC in auto pistols can cause trouble, so verify your loads work before you make 1000.

ljnowell
January 12, 2013, 01:22 AM
Im down with all that guys, I load SWcs for about 15 different handguns.. Im talking about hi-points in particular. I just dont want something like an xd45 issue with them.

Stormin.40
January 12, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sorry can't help with that aspect.

If you enjoyed reading about "LSWC and 40 S&W Hi-Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!