Please Help Me Design My .308 Sporting Rifle

PDA

Kynoch
January 11, 2013, 11:03 PM
Recent events have made me think long and hard about the firearms I really don't want to do without for the balance of my life. One of them is a .308 sporting rifle of some kind if and when the dust settles.

I have considered an M1A but I already have a Garand which is somewhat similar and the prices for M1A's have been absurdly high (based on what you actually get) for several years now. I long ago missed the boat on something along the lines of an HK 91 or an FN FAL (and even their clones) based on price.An FN SCAR 17 or Bushmaster ACR would be great but even their pre-hysteria pricing was pretty tall.

I like my AR15 clones so I was thinking about something along the lines of perhaps an AR10 variant of some sort -- unless someone has a better idea? I really don't even know where to even get started. Such rifles are based on either the Armalite AR-10 or the DPMS LR-308 receiver? Which offers better value? Who are good suppliers for either receiver (once they are back in stock of course.)

Whose furniture would you recommend and what sort of barrel? To be honest I already have competition firearms -- this is going to be a fun/plinker. Perhaps a monument of surviving this current situation we all find ourselves in.

I'm really open to any inputs, thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Please Help Me Design My .308 Sporting Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Please Help Me Design My .308 Sporting Rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!