Should I Sell Or Hold On To It?

PDA

Russ Jackson
January 12, 2013, 09:35 AM
Do you think Saiga 12's have reached their highest price due to the current hype or are they going to go up? Should I sell it or keep it?

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr1/RussJackson/saiga_zps4274f87d.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I Sell Or Hold On To It?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
January 12, 2013, 09:38 AM
Should I sell it or keep it?

It's a gun, not an investment. Go shooting!

Russ Jackson
January 12, 2013, 09:42 AM
It's a gun, not an investment. Go shooting!
I have $700 into it and they are selling for $1800+ with the Drum. It turned into an investment.

Sam1911
January 12, 2013, 09:47 AM
So is this a spare Saiga? Do you have one to replace it with if you sell it? If you bought it because you wanted/needed it, what will you use to fill that gap if it's gone?

I can see selling off extra guns you bought to sock away for that purpose (selling when the market is hot), but not something that fills a niche in your arsenal. You might make $1,100. Can you replace it for $1,100? Maybe, eventually.

I wouldn't, but the market's pretty hot right now. If you're going to, might as well do it now I guess.

WoodchuckAssassin
January 12, 2013, 09:52 AM
If selling it is your ultimate goal, then it won't get more popular than right now. I wouldn't wait. Biden is expected to put through gun control legislation sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Then again, holding onto it is always an option :)

KevininPa
January 12, 2013, 01:52 PM
............problematic, preban .410 Saiga from the early '90s. Fixed the problem, found out how in the early pages of the .410 section of the Saiga Forum. Got this thing for my wife but she doesn't care for it. Too many things to remember (safety, chambering a round :rolleyes:. I guess I should be happy that she likes shooting revolvers :)). It is fun to shoot now. My other Saiga is of the 7.62 variety. It has not been converted and has a wood sporter stock. I treat it like my "poor mans" Mini-30. I'm perfectly happy with 10 rounders for it.

Anyways, I saw the prices that stock .410s are going for and I was tempted. But what if we can't get them anymore in light of recent events? Like it was stated above, do you have another? That $1100 profit is nice now, but if importation is stopped, you're not going to touch another at that price. Now if you just don't like it, then sell away.

As for me, I'm keeping mine for the fun factor. Even just got the Kushnapup stock like yours for it. Everything I own is of a sporter, hunting stock type. Just as a fun toy, I want one mall ninja type thing for kicks. Who knows, maybe I can still get the wife to have fun with it! :)

Russ Jackson
January 12, 2013, 03:28 PM
............problematic, preban .410 Saiga from the early '90s. Fixed the problem, found out how in the early pages of the .410 section of the Saiga Forum. Got this thing for my wife but she doesn't care for it. Too many things to remember (safety, chambering a round :rolleyes:. I guess I should be happy that she likes shooting revolvers :)). It is fun to shoot now. My other Saiga is of the 7.62 variety. It has not been converted and has a wood sporter stock. I treat it like my "poor mans" Mini-30. I'm perfectly happy with 10 rounders for it.

Anyways, I saw the prices that stock .410s are going for and I was tempted. But what if we can't get them anymore in light of recent events? Like it was stated above, do you have another? That $1100 profit is nice now, but if importation is stopped, you're not going to touch another at that price. Now if you just don't like it, then sell away.

As for me, I'm keeping mine for the fun factor. Even just got the Kushnapup stock like yours for it. Everything I own is of a sporter, hunting stock type. Just as a fun toy, I want one mall ninja type thing for kicks. Who knows, maybe I can still get the wife to have fun with it! :)

They are a lot of fun to shoot and always draw a crowd at the range. I have another one that is stock.

KevininPa
January 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
They are a lot of fun to shoot and always draw a crowd at the range. I have another one that is stock.
Heck! If you have two, then sell and start building that next one! Sometimes the fun is in the building as much as the shooting.

ApacheCoTodd
January 12, 2013, 09:05 PM
In your place as described - I'd sell it now and turn it into something else. Get the big money while you can price-gouge-whiners be darned.

JohnnyK
January 12, 2013, 09:13 PM
dude, that's one sweet bangy wangy... where did you get the kit to convert a saiga 12 into a bull pup?

BP44
January 12, 2013, 09:56 PM
Sell,sell, sell!!!
That is if you are sure a ban is not coming:)

KevininPa
January 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
........that's a Kushnapup stock. Google it. I got one for my .410.

PoserHoser
January 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
I hate being left handed :(

MCgunner
January 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
I never make predictions well. I think tacticool stuff is going up at a logarithmic rate right now and won't turn around anytime soon, but I'm not Nostradamus. :D JMO

If I had one of those things, it'd be strictly FOR the investment. Make enough off it, maybe I could buy that Cynergy I want. :D

Oh, yeah, and I'm a left handed shooter, so I couldn't shoot it anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I Sell Or Hold On To It?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!