Broke my lubrisizer

PDA

wgaynor
January 12, 2013, 07:16 PM
I broke a doodad. It's the bolt that goes through the mount and arm that the unit pivots on. And as luck would have it, ... i have every other size bolt in my workshop except for the one that fits it... back to pan lubing for now.

Is this a common problem on lubrisizers? Should I stock up on bolts for it (things only break when you need them)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Broke my lubrisizer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Curator
January 12, 2013, 07:25 PM
No, that's unusual. Usually the handle "yoke" breaks. I have 2 hose clamps keeping mine together even though I have the new part--just haven't had time to replace it. Call RCBS on Monday. They will send you the part, no charge. They give good product service. You might ask for a new "O" ring set for the lube piston while you are at it. If you haven't replaced those yet, you are over due.

wgaynor
January 12, 2013, 07:38 PM
Will RCBS ask for a receipt? It was given to me by a guy that used it to cast for competitions.

presspuller
January 12, 2013, 07:58 PM
Will RCBS ask for a receipt? It was given to me by a guy that used it to cast for competitions.
No. RCBS doesn't care how or who broke the part. They have replaced things for me that I told them was my stupid fault and tried to pay them for it. Still free.

wgaynor
January 12, 2013, 08:21 PM
Awesome! Thanks. I was going to just pick up a bolt, but I'll call them and have them send the correct one along with an o-ring

If you enjoyed reading about "Broke my lubrisizer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!