Reasonably priced Steel AR-15 magazines in stock

PDA

goon
January 12, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hey all,
I don't have any affiliation with this company, but they have AR magazines in stock that are getting mostly positive reviews on the other forums I am reading about them on. The magazines are still priced at $19 each. Put ARFCOM in the promotion box to get a discount and any order above $99 you can also use FREE-GRND to get free shipping.

Just passing this on. This company seems to be big on making sure people have the equipment they need rather than taking advantage of us in a tough situation. I know they are shipping as fast as they can and if this goes badly for us, steel wears harder than polymer or aluminum...

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30%20w.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Reasonably priced Steel AR-15 magazines in stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
January 12, 2013, 09:57 PM
I guess for some people this will be a pretty good deal. I know in some areas ANY 30 round AR-15 magazines are hard to come by at a reasonable price.

Eureka40
January 12, 2013, 11:23 PM
I ordered some of these around Christmas and got them in about 2 weeks.

These are the best metal mags I have seen. I would recommend these without hesitation. They have a very durable coating and a much improved floor plate design. The white follower is a good idea also.

missouri dave
January 13, 2013, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the link I just ordered some.

ryno31
January 13, 2013, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the link I just ordered some myself.

bjs1187
January 13, 2013, 09:36 AM
Just picked them up. Hope they actually are in stock.

Gun Geezer
January 13, 2013, 09:49 AM
Well, I just joined the "panic" crowd I guess. I much prefer to hunt hogs and such with a 10 round mag. Much shorter and still plenty of shots for the dense woods I hunt.

But, now I'll have plenty of 30-rounders in the mag box.

Now I just need some ammo!

9thchild
January 13, 2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the link, in for four.

stashu
January 13, 2013, 02:05 PM
Why are the 30rd mags cheaper than the 10rd and 20rd mags????

Red flag anyone?

2ndtimer
January 13, 2013, 02:27 PM

Red flag anyone?

Supply and Demand. Everyone is trying to acquire 30 round mags before any proposed ban/executive order takes effect. The manufacturers are all churning out that product that is the most in demand, while the other lower demand products are put on the back burner. Nothing sinister here, just good business in a (at the moment) free market.
PS, I also ordered a trio of the E-Leader mags from Mako Group. I figure if they are Israeli manufactured, they should be good to go!

WinThePennant
January 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
I bought 10 30-rounders. I'll buy another 10 if I like the looks of these.

I actually prefer 20-round AR mags, but they are more expensive than the 30s. Heck, I'll probably buy 20 20-rounders, too.

aubie515
January 13, 2013, 05:48 PM

Red flag anyone?
Why would this be a red flag? You have low post count and are new...should we say red flag about you???

Mako is a really great company to do business with...they really hooked me up on a product. I have no reservations on telling others to buy from Mako.

shooter_from_show-me
January 13, 2013, 06:00 PM

Red flag anyone?

IDK, why are 5 round mags more expensive than the 25 round mag from PRI for the 6.8 SPC?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

briansmithwins
January 13, 2013, 06:43 PM

Red flag anyone?

Uhh, ever hear about 'efficiency of scale'?

How many 30 round mags do you think they sell vs 20s, or 10s? I'd bet it's 50 or 100 to 1.

With me, it's closer to 10:1, but that's because I use the 20s for matches. I've never bought a 10 round AR mag.

BSW

goon
January 13, 2013, 11:37 PM
The 30 round magazines are cheaper because they are cranking out about a bazillion of them right now. Their tooling and machines are set up to make a lot of them, both for us and for the Israeli military. To make smaller magazines requires them to reset tooling, and they'll also sell less of them.

These guys have a good reputation on a couple forums and their products are getting good reviews on the AR-15 forum, as long as your rifle has a mil-spec magwell. They are soliciting feedback from those with complaints to keep quality control high during this time of insane production. And they're selling something for the same price it was in November.

WYcoyote
January 14, 2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks goon, I'm in too.

Okiegunner
January 14, 2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the info. Ordered some yesterday.

newglockguy
January 14, 2013, 12:49 AM
Bought some 30 rounders and some 10 rounders for hunting. If I like them I'll buy some more. Thanks for sharing this and not keeping it to yourself :D

joeschmoe
January 14, 2013, 12:53 AM
I accidently aquired some steel mags years ago. Now seems like a great time to sell them.
I only use USGI mags.
I still have NIW preban Colt straight 20's I bought durring the last AWB. Not going to sell those.

goon
January 15, 2013, 02:48 AM
Your Welcome all. I am sure the company appreciates the extra business. And with them holding prices steady for us, they deserve the support.

Murphdog37
January 15, 2013, 06:10 AM
Great-thanks I will let you know when I get them

bluecollar
January 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
Has anybody received their magazines from these folks?

WinThePennant
January 27, 2013, 11:55 AM
I ordered 10 30-rounders on 01/12/13, and have not yet received them.

hueyville
January 27, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joeschmoe,
I too have a gazillion Colt brand 20 round magazines. Same with my rifles that use them. Always preferred Colts. I have more.30 round mags than would even try to count after 25 years.of playing with AR's. One of my local gun shops has never run out of Brownell 30 round mags with Magpul followers. Been 19.99 for months. He does have a 2 per day per person limit but he has customers that have come in every day for the.past month to get their allotted mags. Sometimes bring their woke and kids so each cam buy two. Basically, my four real LGS have run low on inventory at times but have been able to keep enough stock.between them there.has been nothing I have not been able to get locally.

briansmithwins
January 27, 2013, 12:45 PM
Has anybody received their magazines from these folks?

I got my first order (27Dec12) 2 weeks ago. They are very stiff when loaded with 30 rounds and did not want to lock into the AR when fully loaded (sample of 3 mags, rest are still bagged) on a closed bolt. They do lock up when downloaded to 28 or on a open bolt but do require seating with 'authority'. They work much better with the SCAR and FS2000.

BSW

JVaughn
January 27, 2013, 01:11 PM
I ordered a handful this morning, thanks!

Fishbed77
January 27, 2013, 04:28 PM
I ordered a few back on Jan. 11. Haven't shipped yet.

bluecollar
February 5, 2013, 11:19 AM
Ordered mags on Jan. 14th. Still haven't gotten any. Would not be too concerned but they dinged my c.c. day after my order. Anyone have the same experience?

briansmithwins
February 5, 2013, 12:18 PM
Ordered mags on Jan. 14th. Still haven't gotten any. Would not be too concerned but they dinged my c.c. day after my order. Anyone have the same experience?

Yes, they charge your card as soon as you order but actual shipping is way backlogged. It took them about 3 weeks to ship my order and I ordered on the 27th of December.

BSW

Still Shooting
February 5, 2013, 12:20 PM
Guys, as an old manufacturing/planning guy (46 years) I can tell you, the production leadtime provided that suppliers of components are on time, is about 2 weeks. When you're buying inventory, you get shipment next day or two. But when demand is crazy and the line is running full-out, and shipping right out of final Quality Inspection, expect about 3 weeks delivery leadtime.

No4Mk1*
February 5, 2013, 05:16 PM
Several e-lander mags are listed here as well...
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=61400&p=11&sort=0#cnTb

waho
February 5, 2013, 06:16 PM
Bought 4 10 rounders from them, as others have said they are difficult to seat when new, after banging them in a few times things got better. 3 of them only accepted 9 rounds, easily fixable. After a couple of range trips things are fine.

Tweedle
February 5, 2013, 07:57 PM
If you would like frequent updates on where they are as far as shipping orders, check their facebook page.

They have frequently said they cannot take breaks to answer phone calls about order updates.

They are shipping approximately 1000 orders a week, on order 10,000 or so now, and have received 21,000+ orders for mags, that puts you about 10 weeks out at this point.

SlowFuse
February 5, 2013, 11:43 PM
I placed an order for some of the SS 30 rounders on the 14th of Jan. They charged my card instantly. Then a few days later the charge diisappeared. No notifications whatsoever. I take that as they cancelled my order...

NWcityguy2
February 5, 2013, 11:54 PM
When I ordered mine, on the 13th of January, their little blurb said be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks. The next morning, literally 6 hours later it said the wait is 5-6 weeks. I plan to sit tight for those 6 weeks before getting too worried. They are an established company after all. And I don't even own and AR to use them in, but that is another story.

goon
February 6, 2013, 03:32 AM
I was charged immediately too but am not too worried.
We are buying these things in a crazy market. There is bound to be a wait.

9thchild
February 11, 2013, 01:53 PM
They charged my CC on Jan. 14th, which was one day after my order. I have yet to receive the mags or a shipment notification. I do check my CC statement every once in a while to make sure it has not been cancelled like the poster above experienced.

It has been about four weeks at this point. I'll wait until week six before getting concerned.

bluecollar
March 8, 2013, 09:31 AM
Anybody got their mags yet? Like to know if anybody has received theirs.

briansmithwins
March 8, 2013, 09:33 AM
I did.

Ordered in late December, got mags 4 weeks later.

BSW

Fishbed77
March 8, 2013, 11:08 AM
I ordered a few back on Jan. 11. Haven't shipped yet.

Just an update. Almost 2 months later. Still no mags. Credit card was charged back on Jan. 13.

bjs1187
March 9, 2013, 12:18 PM
Same here. Cc charged 2 months ago no sign of mags.

WinThePennant
March 9, 2013, 12:25 PM
According to their Facebook page, people with an order number of 11,xxx should be receiving them this week or next. Some with 11,xxx have received them this week.

I have an order (13,xxx) that should show up in about 2 - 3 weeks.

Tweedle
March 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
Just received my tracking number for my order placed on Jan 13th. Order 14400ish.

9thchild
March 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
Ditto Tweedle, for my order also place in mid-January.

M1key
March 20, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mid-January order, no delivery yet.

M

ngnrd
March 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
Just received my tracking number for my order placed on Jan 13th. Order 14400ish.

I ordered Jan 15th, order # 174xx.

Wow... 3000 orders in 2 days. No wonder they're backlogged...

And, no. I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet.

M1key
March 22, 2013, 12:40 AM
Mid-January order, no delivery yet.

M
I sent them an email. They promptly replied that mine would be shipped soon as they are now handling order numbers 15,000.

P.S. order shipped today

M

goon
March 22, 2013, 05:56 AM
Mine showed up last week. Had a family member check them for me as I'm not at home and don't have an AR to try them in currently. Word is they fit just fine.

Having said that, I have found the company's customer service to entirely suck. A request for information was answered with "I literally just replied to this email yesterday."
I wouldn't have asked twice if I'd gotten the answer the first time. They could have just answered me instead of getting an attitude. I'd have canceled the order if they were not literally already on the next shipment out.
So the mags got there, but I now do regret turning you all on to them. To anyone who gets yanked around by these people, you have my apologies. Really did think I was doing a favor.

WinThePennant
March 22, 2013, 08:35 PM
Don't feel bad -- These are damn good mags.

Walkalong
March 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
Yep, don't kick yourself. Every company is backlogged and taking weeks to ship many items, and especially 30 round mags. They are so far behind it isn't funny.

I got mine from Mako after a long wait. I packed them up and stuck them back for a rainy day. :)

9thchild
March 26, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mine came yesterday. I believe my original order date was January 14th (so it took about 2.5 months). Sounds crazy but still within their estimated 6-12 weeks.

As for the mags, they look and feel very high quality. Hard to test them though as I don't actually have an AR.

justice06rr
March 26, 2013, 11:26 PM
Wow you are just getting these? thats a long wait for shipping, but understandable I guess.

Pmags and other GI mags have been in stock locally and in other places like Palmetto. let us know how your mags work.

Okiegunner
March 27, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mine came in last week. I had ordered on the 13th of January.

No worries though. Seem like a quality magazine at a decent price.

AlexanderA
March 27, 2013, 08:37 PM
New GI aluminum 30-round mags were available at the last big gun show I went to for about $20. (These were the new type with the tan followers.) Steel ones, except the 40-rounders made by Sterling, don't generally have a good reputation. I think I'll pass on this deal.

goon
March 28, 2013, 06:40 AM
There have been some Brownells 30 round mags in the classifieds here in the past week, and I've seen Pmag's and D&H 30 rounders available in the last couple months too.
But these have gotten mostly good reviews, with the exception that some have complained of a tight fit in the mag catch.
Knowing their customer service attitude, I'd now pass. But I think they'll work.

BushyGuy
March 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
I ordered one if those mags back in jan' i got it end of feb , its a total piece of crap cantseat it fully loaded with a closed bolt, i can seat it with 28 rounds in it. don't buy these til the corrected the error.

JVaughn
April 30, 2013, 06:37 PM
27 January 2013
I ordered a handful this morning, thanks!

30 April 2013
Arrived today

briansmithwins
April 30, 2013, 07:05 PM
Got my February order last week. These mags are marked '13' and seat easily in everything I own, including a Bushmaster the '12' mags had severe difficulty with.

BSW

If you enjoyed reading about "Reasonably priced Steel AR-15 magazines in stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!