VZ58 The only diamond in the rough

PDA

zastavaez9compact
January 12, 2013, 10:03 PM
Im a fan of the 7.62x39. I have always shot ak's until i found the vz. It is more accurate, more comfortable and better looking. I have had my czechpoint vz 58 for almost a year now. Around 2000 rounds have been put through it with no problems at all! This baby eats anything! What remains to be seen is if it will shoot as dirty as the ak.

If you enjoyed reading about "VZ58 The only diamond in the rough" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnnyK
January 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
i have a VZ 2008... she works well but boy does the front end get hot after shooting rapid fire... by front end I'm talking about the hand guards... my only gripe about the rifle... and the difficulty of putting optics on one... lack of affordable choices compared to standard AK I guess that would be my second gripe... besides that... a sweet buy at $400 a year or so ago...

Quick Shot xMLx
January 13, 2013, 12:21 AM
I also have a Czechpoint VZ and I think it's fantastic. Shoots great, haven't had any reliability issues with it and everyone who shoots it loves it. One time I put around 500 rounds through it without cleaning or lubing it. Far from a torture test but the gun took it like a champ. Figure that's good enough for me.

Armoredman did something like a 3000 round test on his. I think he started having some issues when he got over the 2000 round mark. It's been a while since I read that post so I don't remember much about it.

zastavaez9compact
January 13, 2013, 06:46 PM
yeah it does get extremely hot! After a few magazines I usually hold it by the magazine. That is the trade off of the short stroke over the long stroke pistol system.

barnbwt
January 13, 2013, 08:35 PM
I thought there were some tricks out there to reduce some of the heat transferred through the foregrip. Adding a metal heat shield (tin foil) to the inside of the lower grip was supposed to help a bit. I guess if it's a real problem you could always get a rail setup and do a VFG, too.

TCB

mberoose
January 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
Shot my new Czechpoint VZ for the first time yesterday...think I'm in love. Thing friggin BARKS. Need an Arsenal AK74 to keep it company now.

68wj
January 14, 2013, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't call it "in the rough". Love mine. Share here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=532889

Dave Markowitz
January 14, 2013, 09:58 AM
The VZ-58 / VZ-2008 is a bit of a sleeper. I have a VZ-2008 that's been great, after the initial 200 round break in. I've found it to be a little more accurate than my Romanian AK.

I put a Czech military-type brake on mine, from CNC Warrior, wrapped the folding stock with 550 cord, and added a Combloc-type grenade launching recoil pad from FSE USA to lengthen the stock.

navajo
January 14, 2013, 01:19 PM
My favorite combloc weapon. Three thousand rounds without a hiccup and counting.
Read a post on another forum that automotive exhaust manifold tape helps with the heat. Haven't tried it yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "VZ58 The only diamond in the rough" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!