Off topic

PDA

marv
January 13, 2013, 01:20 AM
I noticed that you closed a thread 'disable java', by gym today that could be very important to all of us, because it was off topic. Why do you not have a sub forum for non gun related subjects? Every other firearms forum I know of has them under different names and they work. Members know the rules and they post accordingly. In my opinion it might be worth a try here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Off topic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
January 13, 2013, 11:37 AM
Apparently that was tried here in the past and got completely out of hand, so it was shut down. People ask for one to be opened every now and then, but it won't happen.

Robert
January 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
TurtlePhish hit the nail on the head. We know that many other sites have Off Topic areas but THR is not other sites. We try very hard to stay focused to the mission we were set up for. And the thread in question was either moved, or reposted in Tech Support. In the future if you have an issue with the closing of a thread the best thing to do is pm the mod that closed a thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "Off topic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!