Frame sizes??

PDA

Crawdad1
January 13, 2013, 09:42 AM
Are the frames on a 51 Navy and 60 Army the same size? And how many different frames sizes did Colt make for their percussion revolvers? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Frame sizes??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
swathdiver
January 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
Excluding, Walkers, Pattersons and Dragoons I'd say 3.

The '51 Navy frame was used for the '60 Army (water table modified) and '61 Navy

The Baby Dragoon used the original short pocket frame (1-5/8") but the later Pockets used a slightly longer frame (1-3/4"). The Pocket Navy and Police also used this frame but their water tables were also modified for .36 caliber.

Fingers McGee
January 13, 2013, 11:55 AM
Excluding, Walkers, Pattersons and Dragoons I'd say 3.

The '51 Navy frame was used for the '60 Army (water table modified) and '61 Navy

The Baby Dragoon used the original short pocket frame (1-5/8") but the later Pockets used a slightly longer frame (1-3/4"). The Pocket Navy and Police also used this frame but their water tables were also modified for .36 caliber.

+1 plus the 1855 Root revolver. All told, seven different frames.

swathdiver
January 13, 2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks Fingers!

rodwha
January 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
I thought the frame of the Walker was the same as with the Dragoon?

If you enjoyed reading about "Frame sizes??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!