Full auto AK-47?

PDA

catinthebat
January 13, 2013, 12:40 PM
Here's the story behind it. My friend works with someone who got an AK in Kuwait. In Kuwait, he gone to put a very bad sick cat out of its misery, and when he pulled the trigger, it gone off full auto. He had no idea. (Now it's night time) On his drive home, he saw some police driving around, so he threw the AK out the window of a speeding car. After the police passed, he went back to get it. Later, he moved to america. So he put some parts in the motorcycle gas tank, some here, some there, and got it into america.

It's a Yugoslavian M70 as far as I know. He doesn't want a full auto, no one is wanting to buy it, so I may get it for about $300-$400. I am willing to pay that $200 tax stamp, and jump through a few hoops. Is there any way I can legally get this gun from the info I gave you?

If you enjoyed reading about "Full auto AK-47?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
caribou
January 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
Since May 30 1986, a day that will live in Infamy, Ronald Reagan made it illegal to import or produce, except for law enforcment and Police any new full auto.

The Batf will not accept yout tax samp application and will come and arrest you and your friend ASAP.

The only 'Hoops" youlll jump through will be how many of th epossible 10 years in prison youll get for haveing it.

Take it to a "No questions asked Buyback progrm" , a legal place to dump full autos, robbery and murder weapons to be destroyed.
Then thegun will have value.

Or turn it into the police and itll be destroyed, buit you may be prosacuted, or throw it in a river and forget about it.

I dont know the legalitys of such, so Im not offering legal advice, just the top of my mind, but be as leagal as you can in every situation......

Good luck!

Carne Frio
January 13, 2013, 12:53 PM
No: any hoops would lead to Club Fed.

cslinger
January 13, 2013, 12:58 PM
Lord that's got club fed written all over it. This isn't even remotely legal and cannot be papered. Stay far far far away from it.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
Basically, No. You actually do not want ANY of the parts of the receiver. It is 10 years in club fed. They closed the registration in 1986 for fully autos. It is my understanding that there is no possible way for it to be legal.

Inebriated
January 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
Take the useful parts like the stock, handguards, grip, maybe the gas block, front sight, rear sight... then melt the rest.

NeuseRvrRat
January 13, 2013, 01:04 PM
:facepalm:

Art Eatman
January 13, 2013, 01:06 PM
Tell HIM to consider the above advice, and YOU stay way, way away from any part of the deal.

His use of a big hammer or a cutting torch might defer any interest on the part of BATFE, but I doubt that any other course of action would not lead to legal hassles of some sort.

If you enjoyed reading about "Full auto AK-47?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!